The Kids Are Not Alright (Case-file, Sara-centric)

quoth_the_raven said:
I woke up, and though the dream was graphic and made me tremble just thinking about it… I thought it would make for a very interesting story scenario. Most of the characters in this story were inspired by my dream, and another reason I wanted to write this story was because I wanted to try and show how trapped some kids feel in school (though this is truly blown out of proportion). I hope you guys enjoy it!

*eyes you* quoth.. what evil tricks do you have up your sleeve?

Thankies to all for reviewing :D *huggles all* Here's a new chapter, and I was actually giggling insanely at the end of this chapter :lol: :p

“You doing okay?”

Sara practically jumped when she heard the familiar concerned voice of Catherine directed at her. Nodding fervently for indication that she was indeed alright, she took a sip from the Styrofoam cup of coffee Brass had brought for them that morning as sort of a pick-me-up. “Yeah, I’m fine,” she assured her.

“You sure?” Catherine asked. “You’ve been acting a bit strange since you talked to Ashley.”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Sara told her, “I just don’t understand why she can’t tell us her last name, or why she can’t tell us who did this to the vic.”

“There must be a good reason,” Catherine mused.

“Of course there’s a good reason,” Sara said, reaching into her kit for another pair of gloves. “Either she’s trying to protect someone, she’s terrified out of her mind, or she has something to hide.”

“So you’re saying that you think she might have something to do with the death of her boyfriend?” Catherine asked.

“All suspects are innocent until proven guilty,” Sara recited, slapping a glove onto her hand. “But if she had something to do with this, then of course she’s going to try and lead us in the wrong direction.”

“That’s true, but she looked pretty torn up about his death,” Catherine suggested.

“Everyone looks torn-up, Cath,” Sara said, leaning down to grab her kit. “Whether or not they actually are, though, is the question,” she told her, heading back toward the entrance of the school.

“Hey, are you staying here?” Catherine asked, quickly jogging up behind her, her keys jangling in her hands. “It’s late… well…” Catherine said, looking down at her watch. “Early, actually,” she said, “We’ve been at the scene for twelve hours, do you want to go grab an early breakfast?”

“You go ahead, I still have to process the girl’s locker room,” Sara told her, propping one of the doors open.

“What’s in the locker room?” Catherine asked, tilting her head.

”Want to come find out?” Sara asked, a grin slowly creeping its way onto her mouth.

“Don’t mind if I do,” Catherine smiled, running back to her car to retrieve her kit. Ignoring the loud rumbling of her stomach (Catherine figured Sara needed the help anyway), Catherine accompanied Sara back into the high school, its teal-colored rows of lockers and beige-tiled floors forever etching their image into her mind.

Passing the area where the body was found- which was now encircled in yellow crime-scene tape, the message running across it in big black letters quite obvious- Sara and Catherine both crinkled up their noses as the air was still thick with the metallic smell of blood. The blood pool that had been around the body was still present despite the janitor’s pleads for them to let him clean it up (“I’m gonna lose my job, man, Old Man Perkins’ ain’t gonna be too happy none about this.”).

“So what exactly are we looking for in here?” Catherine asked as they rounded the corner and headed into the girl’s locker room. It was a fairly large room set aside in the school with about five or six showers each with three faucets positioned overhead.

“Ashley said she was here yesterday,” Sara said, setting her kit down and looking around. “She said she came to the football field for cheerleading practice and then came in here to take a shower.” Looking around, Sara couldn’t help but frown; there were no curtains on any of the showers. Sara never understood why the showers never had curtains. There was a little thing called ‘privacy’ that most every teen girl craved more than anything in the world (almost more than the perfect body or dream car), and at school and everywhere else privacy had been something Sara coveted above most anything else.

She remembered her high school’s locker room; open showers, each of which could fit about five girls altogether at the same time. She remembered how crowded it used to be; girls shoving each other out of the way and clawing to get to the sinks and mirrors to make sure they looked good for their twenty-year-old drug-dealing boyfriends. Sara had always tried to make herself invisible which was something that she thought herself to be very good at. She usually tried to hide out until no more girls were in the room so she could shower alone in peace, but things really occurred in her favor.

And now that she thought about it, she remembered that one of the girls that had seemed to be bent on making sure Sara was absolutely miserable all six hours of the day that she was at school was named Ashley. A little devil spawn of absolute evil, Ashley was of those damned popular girls that had the huge following and group of cronies just as rotten as she was. Ashley, though, was rotten to the core. She was the Mistress of the Damned.

No matter how much Sara had tried to hide herself or cover her body up (some days she even brought her own towels to try and cover herself up in), Ashley always managed to see her somehow. And once Ashley had seen her, they had all seen her. They had all seen the bruises; they had all seen the old scars. And instead of suspecting that something was terribly and dreadfully wrong in the Sidle household, they made fun of her for it by assuming something else.

“SUIsidle!” Ashley teased, bumping into Sara on her way to the sink. “SUIsidle, SUIsidle, SUIsidle!” she began to mercilessly chant at her, waiting for the other girls to join in.

Soon the entire locker room was chanting Ashley’s humiliating (and incorrect analysis of Sara’s injuries) chant, all of them pointing fingers and laughing at her like hyenas.

“SUIsidle!” Ashley screamed. “Looks like you really tried to end it this time, Sara!” she told her, pointing to her own stomach for indication.

Sara looked down at her stomach, seeing the long bloody gash she had been referring to that had been a result of her father’s nightly rampage for the first time. Of course they wouldn’t know that, though, and that just made her another subject for their daily torture.

“SUIsidle, SUIsidle, SUISIDLE!” the girls continued to chant, their voices echoing throughout the halls and only becoming louder and louder with each time they opened their mouths.

“Eeew!” one of the girls squeaked, covering their mouth with one of their hands and pointing at Sara. “She’s
bleeding!”

Sara looked down at herself and noticed the small delicate trail of blood descending down her stomach. Damn it, she thought, damn it, damn it, damn it… If she had seen it earlier she would’ve been able to bandage it, but it probably would’ve become visible from the shower water anyways, so her attempts were in vain.

“Clean it up, Sara!” Ashley told her, “If you want to kill yourself, do it somewhere else!”

Sara felt like Carrie from the Stephen King novel and that she had started her period for the first time, except there was the noticeable absence of flying tampons.

“…probative…” Sara heard Catherine’s voice slowly bringing her back to reality.

“…What?” Sara asked, looking over at Catherine. “I’m sorry, I was… thinking.”

“I said that we’re looking for something probative that may lead us to believe that she had something to do with the death of her boyfriend?” Catherine asked, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

“Yes,” Sara said, nodding quickly, “Blood, hair, anything. If we find any of the vic’s blood or hair in the drains, then that means Ashley may have been at the crime-scene,” she said, opening her kit and grabbing some swabs. “Or even, that she may be the killer,” she explained, heading over to the first shower on the left-hand side of the locker room.

“You really think she could’ve done it?” Catherine asked, following Sara over to the shower and kneeling down beside her.

“Anyone’s capable of anything, Catherine,” Sara said breathlessly as she lay down flat in the floor of the shower and reached down to open the drain grate. My mother was. “Get me the phenolphthalein, will you?” she asked her.

Catherine just nodded, walking off to retrieve the small plastic bottle. “But if she’s telling the truth…” she trailed off.

“Then we’ll just have to go where the evidence tells us,” Sara said simply, taking the bottle from her. Swabbing the inside of the drain, she squeezed the bottle and watched as a single clear drop fell onto the swab, turning it bright pink. “But right now it looks like we may have our killer,” she said, looking over at Catherine.

“A cheerleader, maybe… killing her boyfriend in a jealous rage? There’s enough jealous teenage girls in the world as it is, maybe this one just cracked,” Catherine said, shrugging her shoulder.

“Give me an M-U-R-D-E-R,” Sara said, closing up the swab. “Put it all together…”

“And that spells murder, my friend,” Catherine said.

I'm so sorry for the wait guys, I had come to a stand-still on this fic, but I've decided that I'm going to turn this into a Cath/Sara friendship fic! I should have the next chapter up fairly soon :)

Alright, alright already :p This next chapter is almost 4,000 words long, so does that make up for my not updating!?? :lol: :p I do not own the song The Kids Aren't Alright by The Offspring!

“No, I don’t know when I’m going to be home.”

How many times Catherine Willows had had this same conversation with her daughter were needless to say countless. Sitting on the bench in the locker room, she had stopped in mid shoe-change when she heard her cell phone ringing, and had held back a groan as she noticed who was calling on the caller ID (how had Lindsey gotten her work number, she wondered?). The conversation was the same as usual- when are you going to be home?, can I go to a friend’s house?, the movie’s only going to let out at 10:30, it’s not that late so why can’t I go? - it was a wonder Catherine’s own mother ever got anything done, she thought, because Lindsey was definitely just like Catherine was at her age.

“Listen, I’m working on a hard case right now, alright, so I’d appreciate a little sympathy,” Catherine irritably muttered back into her phone. Teenagers just had that ability to make you feel guilty about everything, and when they ran out of things to use to make you feel horrible about yourself, they brought up things from the past, for example, the dance recital you couldn’t make it to because you had to work overtime.

“You’re always working on a hard case.”

That was the truth.

“Yeah… yeah, I know,” Catherine sighed, beginning to cool down. “And I’m sorry that I can’t spend more time with you, I really am, but I’ve been really busy lately.”

“So can I go to the movie?”

Catherine sighed- she had fallen into the trap once again. “When does it let out again?”

“10:30.”

“Absolutely not, it’s a school night, Linds!” Catherine immediately replied, her eyes widening in some sort of astonishment that she would even ask. “Who would be able to take you there, anyway?”

“Grandma, duh! She wants me out of the house anyways so I don’t bug her while she’s watching her stupid soaps.”

“Oh, and what, you expect me to let her just drop you off there by yourself? You think she would even drop you off there by yourself?” Catherine asked, finally getting her new change of shoes on.

“I was going to meet friends there!”

Catherine tried not to roll her eyes as she let out a half-scoff, half-laugh. “Yeah, which friends?”

The second Catherine heard even just the slightest hesitation of an answer from her daughter over the other line she knew instantly who she was talking about. “Josh? No, I don’t think so. I told you to stop hanging around him, Lindsey!” Josh was one of those kids you could just look at and tell was bad news… and Catherine didn’t want her daughter to make the same mistakes she did with Eddie.

“But Mom, he’s a cool guy!”

“I don’t care if he’s the coolest guy on the planet- you’re not going to the movies with him alone!” Catherine said firmly. “End of discussion. Stay in tonight and finish your homework, you said you had a history test on Wednesday?”

“I hate you.”

And then the phone clicked. Catherine hung up her phone and shut it with a heavy sigh, lowering her head and rubbing her right temple in hopes of soothing the headache she was getting before it fully surfaced. She had heard those same three words coming from her daughter everyday for almost the past year. Sometimes Catherine wished she didn’t work so that she could spend more time with her daughter- and in order to put a tighter reign on her- but she knew that she couldn’t afford to give it up now… and not only that, but she liked her job, and Lindsey couldn’t seem to see that.

Lost in her thoughts, Catherine failed to notice Sara standing in the doorway of the locker room, leaning against the frame until she cleared her throat.

She immediately turned around and shot her a small smile. “Hey.”

“Hey,” Sara replied with a small nod, “DNA’s with Wendy right now, she said she’d page us with the results.”

“Good,” Catherine nodded, looking down at the floor with a tired sigh. “So now… we wait.”

Sara just nodded, observing Catherine’s body language, and she couldn’t help but frown at what she saw. In truth now Sara felt a bit guilty having Catherine accompany her inside the school to get the samples from the girl’s locker room- they had been at the scene for hours, already starting to break into their second shift, and she was obviously exhausted. Sometimes Sara cursed her love for science and discovery. “You okay?” she finally asked.

“What?” Catherine asked, getting to her feet and looking over at the other woman. “Oh, yeah,” she finally said, nodding her head for indication. “Why do you ask?”

Sara nodded her head a little down at her cell phone that was lying closed on the bench beside her, shooting her an understanding smile. “I heard just a little…” she assured her.

Catherine just sighed, closing her eyes for a brief moment. “Yeah, that was Lindsey.”

“So I gathered,” Sara said with a small smile.

“And according to my daughter I am a terrible person who won’t let her live her own life because I am never home and never spend enough time with her to realize that she isn’t a baby anymore,” Catherine continued with a sigh, turning her lock until it clicked off her locker. So lost in her own thoughts, Catherine actually failed to realize what she was saying, or who she was saying it to, for that matter. She had never really ever had just straight girl-talk with Sara before.

“That sounds like your average teenager,” Sara said, watching her reach into her locker. “You know you’re not, though, right?”

“Know I’m not what?” Catherine asked, raising an eyebrow as she grabbed her bag from inside her locker.

“A terrible person,” Sara clarified.

Catherine couldn’t hide her smile as she closed her locker back up. “Well, I appreciate it, but apparently my daughter thinks otherwise,” she told her, walking through the doorway and passing Sara on her way out.

“Oh, hey,” Sara said quickly, taking a step toward her, “You going somewhere?”

Catherine blinked, motioning toward the front doors. “I didn’t really have any plans. I was just going to head home.” In truth, Catherine really didn’t know where she was going to go. At the moment home didn’t sound very appetizing, what with her mother nagging at her and telling her she was working too hard and her daughter there to complain about how horrible she was making her life. She loved both of them, but she was tired.

“Oh, uh, well…” Sara said, throwing her hands up in the air. “I was just going to say that if you wanted… we could go grab an early dinner. DNA shouldn’t be done for a few hours,” Sara told her.

Staring at Sara a bit surprised, Catherine smiled. Sara knew- she always knew. She had that gift of being able to read people. “Sure,” she told her, “That sounds nice.”

The car ride to the restaurant was filled with silence, awkward coughs, the hum of the car’s engine and the faint noise of the radio in the background. Both Sara and Catherine didn’t really know why there was this sudden silence… but it was a bit unnerving to say the least. Unnerving and uncomfortable. Catherine wasn’t used to this sort of silence; even with Grissom in the car, they at least talked about the crime-scene as they were heading over to the town’s latest 419. “So how’d you hear about this place?” Catherine finally asked, referring to the restaurant they were headed to.

“I found it the day I arrived in Vegas, actually,” Sara told her, throwing a glance her way, “It was late… I was hungry. It was open,” she shrugged, stopping the car at a red-light. “I was new to the town, what can I say? It took me only a few days to realize that everything’s open at 1:00 am in Vegas.”

Catherine laughed, nodding her head. “Yeah, me too,” she told her, looking out the windshield. “And you still remember where it is, huh?”

Sara shot her a small grin through the rear-view mirror. “It’s kind of a funny story, actually. It was right next to the hotel I was staying at, so I just walked across the street. At the time I wasn’t thinking twice about what part of town I was in, let alone if it was bad or not,” she continued, “But I went inside and ordered some food, and I kept noticing that everyone was staring at me like I was some sort of side-show attraction that had suddenly grown two legs and walked over there off the Strip,” she laughed.

“So after I ate I left and headed back toward my hotel. Well, as I was waiting for the light to turn red at the cross-walk, this woman comes up to me,” Sara said, “Heavy make-up, thin as a rail, five-inch stilettos, feather boa,” she listed, “You would’ve thought she was Paris Hilton.”

“So what did you do?” Catherine asked, raising an eyebrow, now quite interested.

“I didn’t do anything, actually,” Sara said, “I was just standing there waiting for the light to change, and she asks me if the people at the hotel gave good tips.”

“…Tips?” Catherine asked, raising both eyebrows.

“Tips,” Sara confirmed, throwing another glance her way, raising an eyebrow as her sunglasses slowly slid down the bridge of her nose.

“…You’re not serious,” Catherine grinned, trying not to start laughing.

“Yes I am!” Sara laughed, turning back toward the road as the car began to move again. “She was a hooker. Apparently I have that hooker-look.”

Catherine just laughed, shaking her head back and forth. “That was a nice first night in Vegas, wasn’t it?”

“Yeah, right,” Sara laughed, finally parking the car in the parking lot of the restaurant. “Ready?” she then asked, looking over at Catherine.

“I’m not going to be asked if they give good tips by a hooker, am I?” Catherine innocently asked.

Sara just laughed, playfully waving at her with her hand. “No, I don’t think so.”

With that the two women ventured inside the building, looking around as they got their first glimpse of the interior. It didn’t look much different than it did all those years ago, Sara thought. There was some new upholstery work recently finished as both of them could see; the red leather booths were a dark blood red color, almost blindingly so, and if it was as old as Sara had said it was there was no way they had maintained that same shade through all these years. The floor was black and white tile that gave it sort of a 50s retro diner feel, complete with what people might call the ‘old school’ advertisements for Coca-Cola and Pepsi.

“This is just where I sat, too,” Sara mused, looking over at one of the tables nearest the window. She took a seat and waited for Catherine to join her who followed shortly after, letting out a sigh as she looked around.

“Well this place doesn’t look like it’d be a hangout for hookers,” Catherine told her, raising an eyebrow.

Sara just laughed, looking down at the menu and scanning it with her eyes. Catherine watched her for a minute and finally looked down at the menu as well, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth- the menu looked pretty vegetarian-friendly from what she could see. No wonder Sara liked this place.

“So, uh…” Catherine blinked, averting her attention back to Sara as she heard her speak. “How is Lindsey doing, anyways?” Sara asked her.

Catherine shrugged a shoulder. “Same as last time, I suppose,” she told her, “Why is it that teenagers nowadays have turned into narcissists?”

Sara couldn’t hide her grin, “Well, Cath, look who her mom is.”

Catherine scoffed, “What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked, her tone sounding angry, but in a strictly playful manner.

“I’m just saying- if you weren’t confident would you have become a dancer?” Sara simply asked, looking down at the menu once again.

Catherine laughed, “Alright, I might be confident, maybe even a bit arrogant at times, but I’m not in love with myself,” Catherine stated as a waitress came over to take their orders.

One and half beers later, Catherine was feeling a bit adventurous. She couldn’t help but notice the music playing in the background of the place, and then suddenly she was struck with an idea. And what an idea it was. Shooting a glance over at Sara who was still taking another swig of her second beer, her eyes flashed mischievously- the kind of mischievousness that only Catherine Willows could play out.

Finally setting her half-empty bottle down, Sara raised an eyebrow as she noticed Catherine staring at her. “Alright… what’s going on? Why are you looking at me like that?” Sara suspiciously asked her, narrowing her eyes the slightest.

“What do you say, Sara?” Catherine asked her, motioning to the speakers positioned near the ceiling the blaring music were coming from, “Up for a little dancing?”

Sara instantly got that shy look to her face that Catherine despised every time she saw it; Sara was an outspoken, outgoing person, and Catherine knew that… the younger woman just chose to never show that side of herself to her friends. Well she wasn’t going to let her deny it tonight. She wasn’t going to go over there by herself and leave her here alone to nurse her beer.

“No, no, not me,” Sara immediately replied, shaking her head back and forth- but Catherine noted the smile still present on her face. “I think I need a little more beer before I even consider going over there and making me look like an idiot. Besides, that’s a Catherine-Willows thing.”

“Oh come on, Sara,” Catherine groaned, getting to her feet and leaving her beer behind on the table, “Just one song. That’s all I ask, and then I’ll leave you alone.”

“No…” Sara shook her head, fighting back the smile on her face that was only growing bigger by the second, “You go ahead, I’ll just wait here.”

“Not tonight, Sara,” Catherine told her, and before Sara could refuse again she had reached down and grabbed the other woman by her shoulders, pulling her up out of the booth and ushering her toward the dance floor. Despite Sara’s protests, Catherine was mentally patting herself on the back. You did it! She told herself. She thought she might need a camera to take a picture of this just so she would believe it actually happened later on.

“But Cath, I really can’t!” Sara persisted until she was pushed directly in the middle of the so-far-empty dance area, the lights flashing and booming above her, the music continuing to blare from the many speakers around her.

“Come on, Sara!” Catherine encouraged her, clapping her hands.

“But I can’t dance!” Sara said again.

Can’t dance, huh? Catherine thought to herself with a sly grin. I highly doubt that. Even though it had been ages since Catherine had been dancing every night in the clubs, she knew a dancer when she saw one; that was one thing that had stuck with her through the years. She sure had seen enough girls walk the stage to be able to tell. And even though Sara never had shown any interest in performing let alone dancing, Catherine Willows knew for sure that Sara Sidle could at least dance. She had the legs, she had the ankles, and she had the hips.

“Just move your hips!” Catherine instructed her, nodding as a new song began to play. The second the song started to play Sara knew the spotlight was on her, and she looked over at Catherine, her eyes wide and afraid. “You’ll be fine!” she assured her, “I promise!”

Sara didn’t know exactly what happened next, but almost as if by themselves her hips began to sway to the music playing in the background, her feet instantly knowing exactly where to go. Looking over at Catherine, the smile returned to her face as she noticed Catherine was still cheering her on from the sidelines. Damn it, she thought, how did Catherine know? How did that woman always know? No one but Sara and her mirror were supposed to know about the days she got out of the shower and danced and sang in her bathroom, using her hair brush as a make-shift microphone.

“That’s it!” Catherine told her, a wide grin crossing her face. She knew it! And just as she thought, Sara was a natural. She immediately picked up on the beat and in mere seconds her body was moving in perfect time to the music. She didn’t know who was having more fun actually- Sara or her.

As she noticed Sara beginning to really get into it, she decided that she was getting bored just watching and her legs couldn’t keep themselves still for much longer. Without waiting for Sara’s approval Catherine had joined her on the dance floor, and in moments they were both in synch with each other, almost like back-up dancers in some pop singer’s music video.

And then the song was over. Catherine stopped moving as the music stopped, and she laughed as Sara almost fell on top of her as she lost her balance, “You okay?” Catherine asked her, helping her regain her footing.

“Yeah,” Sara told her, laughing tiredly, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“So…” Catherine trailed off as they headed back toward their table, “Where did you learn how to dance like that?” she asked her, sitting back down in the booth.

Sara let out another laugh as she sat back down in her own spot, grabbing her beer and taking a sip. “I had some old friends back in ‘Frisco who taught me on the weekends,” she explained, setting her beer back down.

“Well that was nice of them,” Catherine smiled as another song started to play in the background.

“Yeah, I thought so too,” Sara laughed, “They said I ‘needed to get out more’,” she said, making the quotations with her fingers.

Catherine just nodded as the new song began to fill the diner.

When we were young the future was so bright

Whoa

The old neighborhood was so alive

Whoa

And every kid on the whole damn street

Whoa

Was gonna make it big in every beat.

“This song screams teenager already,” Catherine grinned, looking over at Sara who only nodded in agreement.

Now the neighborhood's cracked and torn

Whoa

The kids are grown up but their lives are worn

Whoa

How can one little street

Swallow so many lives?

Catherine continued to listen to the lyrics, her smile slowly fading. This song screamed teenager alright… but it also screamed Lindsey… and made her mind scream at her that it was pointing in the direction her daughter seemed to be heading in.

Chances blown
nothing's free
longing for
what used to be
still its hard
hard to see
fragile lives
shattered dreams

“I wanna be a for…fensic… a fensic scientist, just like you, Mommy!” little four-year-old Lindsey said, looking up at her mother with a wide, toothy grin.

Catherine stared into nothingness, her mouth hanging open as the sound continued to play mercilessly.

Go!

Jamie had a chance, well she really did

Whoa

Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids

Whoa

Mark still lives at home 'cause he's got no job

Whoa

Just plays guitar, smokes a lot of pot

Whoa

Catherine’s eyes widened as images flashed before her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Catherine,” Doc Robbins told her as David wheeled a gurney into the morgue. “I paged you the second the body came in…”

Jay committed suicide

Whoa

Brandon OD'd and died

Whoa

What the hell is going on?

Cruelest dream, reality

Catherine tried to shake the horrible thoughts from her head, but they just kept coming.

“I’m really sorry, Cath,” Nick said, putting a hand on her shoulder.

“Yeah, that’s rough,” Warrick sighed.

“Where’d they find her?” Grissom asked, looking up at David as he helped Doc Robbins lift the body onto the metal slab.

“Off of 1-15,” David told him as they set the body down, “Someone driving down the highway called it in.”

”Lindsey...?” Catherine whispered, taking a step forward, her hand slowly moving toward the white sheet over the frail body of her daughter.

“I’m really sorry, Catherine,” Doc Robbins said again as he pulled the sheet back to reveal her pale lifeless face.

“Can they turn this off!?” Catherine finally asked, feeling fresh tears stinging at her eyes as she looked over at Sara who only blankly stared at her in confusion. “Please?” she repeated almost urgently now.

Sara immediately got up from the booth and walked over to the front counter, asking the man at the cashier if they could turn the music off. Once it ceased from pouring from the speakers, Sara headed back over to Catherine, slowly sitting down next to her, “Cath…?” she quietly asked, “Cath, what’s going on…?”

Chances blown, nothing's free

Longing for what used to be

Still, it’s hard, hard to see

Fragile lives, shattered dreams

Hey! Hey you! Stop now before I start to cry. That's so sad! The dancing was adorable. I knew our girl could shake a lil booty, but that's sad! Poor Cath. Amazing writing, amazing.

Aww, thanks so much guys :) And yeah, it was a friggin' long chapter, Sara :lol: :p You know what I said to myself when I uploaded it on fanfiction.net and saw how many words it was? "Holy crap!" :lol: :p Yup, I said that aloud.

Back