The International Thread

Where In The World Are You?

• Total voters
I'm sure the Natster will take of it tomorrow, she's shakin' her bones at a local concert :angel:

Daddaaa, here I am :D Just got back from seeing Alphabeat... *fascintion, it's just the way we feel..* It's a Danish band so im sure some of you may have heard of them but their songs have been played on the radio many times here so i'm sure someone will know them :p But I warn you i'm a little tierd so I might make some *erm* mistakes :D (Nice new banner Jools and hey you're leaving me for FIVE weeks?!?!)

@ Gaelen - damn, you and the talk of food is making me hungry.

You're not the only one!! Damn you Liffy I now want some of your tasty spicy stuff :D But...what about Fish and Chips?!?! If you come to Britain you have to try this delicacy *mmmm*

Hi. First time here. This thread seems fun. lol.

Hey there :D This thread has certainly been fun so far :D

P.S. Nat you might want to move me under USA, otherwise people might get confused. :p :guffaw:
Oh yeh, I think it would have confused me :lol:, thanks!

And Nat, FIX ITALY! :lol:
Oops, forgot about that Liffy but i've done it now ;)

EDIT: *Forgot Liffy's question* Erm personally if I could live anywhere I would stay in England! But would love to visit EVERyWHERE to get a tatse of all the food erm culture! I am a patriotic (sp?) British girl from head to toe...my heart is set to stay on this island! I am very proud of where I come from and I hope that'll never change (but I dont really like the Prime Minister :lol:) :D But I would live to spend some time living in New York and no guesses why:D

Last edited:
Oh Liffy to answer your question about where we could go if anywhere no strings attached, I'd go and live in Canada forever, I love it there, but I'd also visit, New York and Vegas from time to time. :D
Wouldn't it be fun if we could all organise a trip to Vegas? I'd be the only guy surrounded by drunk girls :guffaw:
Damn you Liffy I now want some of your tasty spicy stuff :D But...what about Fish and Chips?!?! If you come to Britain you have to try this delicacy *mmmm*
I love fish and chips too! I lived in New Zealand for a while and practically LIVED on fish and chips (and L&P) :D

Hey there :D This thread has certainly been fun so far :D
*dumps ice cream on Nat*

But I would live to spend some time living in New York and no guesses why:D
You have a fetish for high rental? :rolleyes:

:guffaw:

Ni Hao!

Hah! I know where Taiwan is! I actually have quite a few Taiwanese friends actually. :)

Very cool. :)
Ni Hao! :D

Hey it's so cool to know that someone actually knows where my country is! We've got some really nice food here, but the weather sucks. I hate the heat LOL. :lol:

Wow, there are more people from Europe than I expected - I thought North America was going to have the most members!

Anyone here from Canada? I'm planning to go travelling over there for a year some time and it would be cool to have people to meet up with as I go!

Hey it's so cool to know that someone actually knows where my country is! We've got some really nice food here, but the weather sucks. I hate the heat LOL. :lol:
I'm from Malaysia, trust me - I know ALL about the heat. :lol: Kinda makes me glad I'm not living there right now. :lol:

And yes, I lurve chinese/taiwanese food (is there a major difference? If there is, I'm largely unaware) -- now I've got a craving for dim sum!! :scream:

Welcome lunalupi :) and yeah, I think it's just that not many people visit misc and post here - I'm pretty sure there are more Americans here than Europeans. :lol: Well, I'm guessing anyway.

Canada? Steph (Adorable_Crazy) wants to permanently live in Canada doesn't she? :lol:

Oh Liffy to answer your question about where we could go if anywhere no strings attached, I'd go and live in Canada forever, I love it there,

Oh Steph the fun you could have in Canada, especially if you chose to live around where your grandparents, I believe they are the ones that live here, live. The endless talking about the snow in winter, the complaining about the heat and humidity in the summer. More complaining about the Toronto Maple Leafs not winning the Stanley Cup for over 40 years now. And if you actually decide to live in Toronto you get the people there whining about their taxes and how the current mayor is ruining the city. Which in my opinion he is and I don't even live in Toronto, anymore :)

Erica I have been to Taiwan and it is a beautiful country. I was there over 13 years. My hubby and I went between Christmas and New Years so I didn't experience to much of the heat you get there. Mind you we did go the south of the country and it was certainly warmer there than Taipei. I was amazed at how much things change in just a short time when traveling from one end of the country to the other.

Welcome lunalupi :) and yeah, I think it's just that not many people visit misc and post here - I'm pretty sure there are more Americans here than Europeans. :lol: Well, I'm guessing anyway.

Canada? Steph (Adorable_Crazy) wants to permanently live in Canada doesn't she? :lol:

I want to move out there permanently too in the near future - only I have to wait at least 5 years until my car qualifies for their current regs for import (15+ years old at the mo). ;)

So my trip is going to be partly seeing family and friends out there, and partly research to see how I like the place and the people :)

Haha, OMG! I've just been gone for a day and the thread has been really active, no kidding! There are so many posts, like Elsie mentioned. :lol:

I've had a long day today. My entire body's aching from wakeboarding. It's fun and exhilarating but man, was it really tiring. :lol:

Hey, Liffy, I love Malaysian food. Yeah, it's a fusion of Chinese, Indian and Malay cuisine. As for spicy food, I love it. I usually put a lot of hot sauce or Chiu Chow chili oil in my food. Grew up putting chilies in most things I eat. BTW, I love Thai food. That one is really smokin'. :lol:

Hey, Liffy, I love Malaysian food. Yeah, it's a fusion of Chinese, Indian and Malay cuisine. As for spicy food, I love it. I usually put a lot of hot sauce or Chiu Chow chili oil in my food. Grew up putting chilies in most things I eat. BTW, I love Thai food. That one is really smokin'. :lol:
Ooh, I love Thai food too! Gah, anybody here know what "Nasi Ayam" or Hainanese Chicken Rice is? :drool:

I'm hungry! :scream:

I really need to go find some chillies to chew on or something. :lol: Damn, if I'm lucky I get to go back to Malaysia in June and I'll be stuffing myself with as good food till I explode! :lol:

Liffy me needs to ask you a question. Now this may have been asked and answered in the NY Forum but I don't recall it being discussed here. What are you doing in Namibia besides living there at the moment?

^My mom is the Malaysian Ambassador. We're a diplomatic family :) So yeah, that's why I'm here. In a few months (I guess) I'll have to go look at Universities and leave :)

Oh, I just realised I want to go to Canada too! :lol:

^ Wow that sounds like an interesting career for your Mom :) and family. It also sounds like a great way to see the world but it also sounds like you miss home :)

We usually go home once or twice during the 4 year spans we stay abroad. But yeah, because of that I've never lived in a country for longer than 4 years at a time. It's pretty fun, if you bore easily like me.

Thing is, I've practically lived abroad longer than I have lived in Malaysia (and I don't really feel I'd be happy living there either). I dunno why, I'm just so used to being abroad, that being amongst my own race feels weird...

And I hate Malaysian weather :p

Ok, after looking at everyones choices of where they would like to live and Liff's moving record I've got a question...

How many languages can you speak?

Wow, Gaelen, your life sounds pretty interesting. I'd love going abroad. And I would love going to Namibia one day. Everytime I see your pics in the 'Photos of the Day'-thread, I sense this tiny little feeling of jealousy inside. I'll go there one day, you'll see. :cool:

How many languages can you speak?
Five. Six, if you include Latin but no one really speaks that anymore. It's just for ancient texts.
The five languages being Dutch, French, English, German and Spanish.

And as I missed last question:
I'd wanna go to Brasil, see the Amazone forest, for starters.
But actually if I could, I'd hop from country to country every week or so. And by the time I'm 50, I'll have seen the world :D
Next plan: conquer it. :devil: :D

Back