The International Thread

Where In The World Are You?

• Total voters
I'd like to see lots of different places. It'd be easier if I went poof! and suddenly had the money to become a nomad...just going places and staying for a while before moving on. I'm sure I could get around to the long list of places before I get to retirement age...;)
I think that would be fun - for like...a month! Haha. But I'm used to travelling alot so I guess that's okay. :)
Right now I would want to go somewhere warm,
How does "hot" sound? You should totally go to Malaysia ;) We have good food! :D

And Nat, FIX ITALY! :lol:

If you could all go poof! and appear in another country - no strings attached, where would it be?

I find it interesting to see where people really want to go :)

Right now I would want to go somewhere warm, so perhaps China, Japan, or Australia. Otherwise it would be Ireland, England, France, Greece, Italy, most of Europe! :lol:

^^:wtf: :p Why am I not surprised that that's your answer :p

Okay my answer was on the other page but incase you missed it! :

If you could all go poof! and appear in another country - no strings attached, where would it be?

I find it interesting to see where people really want to go :)

Probably my home country Pakistian - Its so great there....the weddings and partys are so exciting...I haven't been there in such along time lol my last visit was when I was like 3 or 4 years old....I love visiting all the little villiages and stuff....

But other place I wanna visit...

Erm Saudi Arabia - I love to visit Mecca and Medina :)

Erm America probably - lots to see and do...I think thts about it lol

@ Liffy - is the food spicy cause if it is I'm in! :guffaw::p

^You bet your ass it's spicy! We're Malaysians! Personally, I've never tasted anything more spicy than Malaysian food - sometimes we even bite chillies (those tiny tiny - mouth burning ones) because our food isn't spicy enough! :lol:

I'd love to go Dubai too! (I have the guilty want of staying in the Burj-Al-Arab :p ) Like that's ever going to happen :p

@ Liffy oh but us Pakistiani have spicy food too and I bit its spicier than Malaysian food! :p :lol:

I'd love to visit Dubai too! :D They have some pretty awesome building and stuff :D

@ Sara it probably does, but if you vegetarian and spicy, you should try my mum cooking, she's an expert in that field :D

I think that would be fun - for like...a month! Haha. But I'm used to travelling alot so I guess that's okay. :)

I bore very easily. I've only been living where I'm currently living a little over a year and I already want to move. I moved around a lot as a kid - settling in one place for any length of time is foreign to me.

@ Liffy oh but us Pakistiani have spicy food too and I bit its spicier than Malaysian food! :p :lol:
I've tried Pakistani food. :) It's good...but ours is better :devil:

The thing about Malaysia is that we're a multi-racial country. We've got a big mix of Malaysians, Chinese & Indians so our cuisine tends to reflect that. We've got hybrids going everywhere too. :)

Sounds good, I'll just crash on Liffy's living room floor!
Haha you can crash in my house since I'm overseas right now. :lol:

Also does that food come in a vegetarian version? :D
Since we've got alot of Indians (and alot of them are vegetarian) yeah, we've got alot of vegetarian versions ;)

They have some pretty awesome building and stuff :D
Dubai's architecture is amazing...especially the man-made islands. I wanna see them so bad :D
:) I bore very easily. I've only been living where I'm currently living a little over a year and I already want to move. I moved around a lot as a kid - settling in one place for any length of time is foreign to me.
Same here - settling down in one place is foreign to me too - though I tend to stay in a country for a little longer. 4 years max and we move on :)

Thought I'd drop by and say Hi. *Waves*

Well I'm from Europe *gosh there are alot of European's here* :D Anyways, more specifically I'm from the UK, Northern Ireland *and yes we are British and not Irish...* :lol:

Gaelen, have you tried Indonesian food?it's quite similar to malay food,but i think some Indonesian food is actually very pedas.Like food from north sulawesi,it's basically meat or fish swimming in chillies and ginger....

Hi there gue_nih :) Oh yes, I love Indonesian food. Hell, I love anything pedas!!

And I really feel like eating masak lemak cili-padi right now.... :rolleyes:

Thought I'd drop by and say Hi. *Waves*

Well I'm from Europe *gosh there are alot of European's here* :D Anyways, more specifically I'm from the UK, Northern Ireland *and yes we are British and not Irish...* :lol:

Actually, technically, that isn't true. While Northern Ireland is part of the UK, it isn't part of Great Britain. It is only because the term 'British' is applied indiscriminately to UK citizens that NI people are considered 'British'...

@ Gaelen - damn, you and the talk of food is making me hungry.

Hi. First time here. This thread seems fun. lol.

I'm from Taiwan. Although I doubt many people actually know where it is. :D

Ni Hao!

Hah! I know where Taiwan is! I actually have quite a few Taiwanese friends actually. :)

Very cool. :)

Oh Liffy to answer your question about where we could go if anywhere no strings attached, I'd go and live in Canada forever, I love it there, but I'd also visit, New York and Vegas from time to time. :D

Ow Liffy, you're one to ask tough question :lol: Lemme see. Erm... Australia, great country, but nah... to many flight hours from my family :lol: So it would be Mexico :devil:. A bit more closer to home :guffaw:Ow, which reminds me, I could explore for some houses there the end of this year. I'll be there for five weeks :devil: I really need to write down my passwords so I can stalk all of you guys :guffaw:And erm.. for the adding list, I'm sure the Natster will take of it tomorrow, she's shakin' her bones at a local concert :angel:

Back