The Gender Poll ~ Which are you?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gaelen, Mar 13, 2008.

?

What's your gender?

1. Male

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Female

99 vote(s)
    94.3%
  1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It must have proved my long day today when i read it and went... "gender" whats that lol.

Its always intrieging to see how many there are compared.

2. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Definately female here.
    Sorry, guys, but it looks like the estrogen seriously overpowers the testosterone.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm female. But you knew that already right? :lol:

I know we don't have that many men here, I can only think of 8 that I am aware of, but of course, that doesn't mean much, as there is no reason that any of us would necessarily know if any posters here were male or female.

I personally don't think that we need to know how many are male and how many are female, that's the beauty of the internet and message boards such as this, it doesn't matter who you are, what you look like, which gender you are, where you are from, how old you are (as long as you are over 13) or what education you have, everyone is equal. :)

Although, I can see why people are interested in this, but does it mean that CSI fans are mostly women? I think not. What's interesting though is the differences between this board and the Trek BBS. Although not based in any research I think that over at Trek the majority would be male, so I think there may be some truth that such message board make-ups are genre specific? :vulcan:

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Elsie, thats a really interesting point but I agree that the fantastic thing about internet is that you can talk to people you would normally think twice about talking to and find that you have many things in common, like CSI for example ;)

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^I agree. There's nothing gendre-restrictive about the boards and that's why it's so great. I've never been over at the TrekBBS even though I am Trek fan :p Even though it doesn't really matter what gender you are, and since I am evidently in the minority, sometimes you wonder just how many other guys are on here... that's all. :)

Plus it's just pure fun anyways. :D

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I think that whilst it doesn't matter about any of the things I mentioned above it is still interesting to find out the differences that people have. I also think it can be very educational, and you can learn a lot from people here that you would never usually get the chance to find out about without the wonders of the WWW.

Absolutely. Why not? It is interesting, especially as the percentages show that you really are a small minority.

Oh, and I can think of another male, so I'm up to my own count in my head of 9 males on this board. :lol:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

That's because us guys don't always participate in such polls. (Or else we refused to ask directions to this thread.)

8. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Very true. The other thing is, a friend of mine made a note about this, is that guys may be interested in the show, book, game or whatever, but they're not always so interested in spending countless hours talking, or chatting, about it on forums.

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Is it some kind of unwritten law that guys do not ask for directions? I always feel so....stupid when I'm forced to. Which doesn't really make sense but oh well. :p

I come and go. But once you start it is kind of addictive. I remember rolling my eyes at people who visited boards and now I'm one of them :eek:

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i only know of 4 regular posters (and maybe 2 who are infrequent posters) who are male, and i guess theyve already posted :lol: i dont know what it is about the board that makes it so female dominated.

11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I guess the franchise isn't a topic that most guys would enjoy discussing. Some fans are content with just watching the show and that's it. No need for discussion, no need for pondering, just an hour of entertainment once a week.

Likewise, there may be other boards of other shows that capture more of the male population. (No idea what one would be though....Mythbusters? :lol: )

12. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Because the CSI franchise has so many hott males for us to :drool: over?
    Yes - I am also one of the females over the board!

13. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Oh, I posted a poll like this like a looooong time ago and there were a very few males too.
    I don't think more females watch CSI, maybe, we, females, like to discuss about it more.;)

14. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

And the girls lead! Me counting as one more, of course ;)

I don't know why there aren't as many guys around, but as said, I had sort of come to my own conclusion that guys don't generally like to discuss about all the details and analizis we go over here. Or maybe most of them just don't like to admit it :rolleyes: Sometimes I find myself thinking of how many people would think it is ridiculous to know episode names and quotes by heart, to be able to tell a character's entire lifestory, etc, and I realise while we think it's natural, others would see it as odd. Either way, it really is indifferent in such a place like a message board to know with gender the people you are discussing something with are. All that matters is the topic and sharing opinions and learning from each other!

I feel this is interesting nonetheless. Liff/Gaelen, nice idea to start it. I had obviously also realised there were more women than men here, but it's nice to know how much of a difference there is. Although we know that not even half of the board comes here.

15. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

And that difference is getting bigger and bigger by the day! :eek: Take a gander at that poll :lol:

^Umm....I still don't know episode names off by heart. I'm just absolutely horrendous at that. I can describe every single episode, but I'll never remember their names. :eek: