The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide

Read and understood, Vera. There was a delay for me of two days, and hopefully that was acceptable (sorry to everyone in the challege). I will definately ask for help with any delays I have in the future. Thanks Vera!

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

*Salutes* Read and understood.

Between now and September, I've got some extra time on my hands, so if anyone needs a hand, just give me a shout.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Read and Understood. :)

I know I have been less than punctual lately on the CSI:Miami challenges so if anyone would like to try their hand and piloting the vessel for a while, please PM me!

Megan I see you have some free time on your hands... :p

4. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Read and Understood Vera!

5. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

:lol: "Stand at ease!"

thanks for your reactions guys, and as I already stated: thank you for running the challenges. :)

Jemma! You're still alive, good to see you again *hugs*

6. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

OK, sorry for the double post, I just wanted to let you all know, when you realize that a thread reaches the 1000 posts mark, you don't need to wait for Jess or myself to start a new one, of course you can open a new thread as well.
    Just open the new one and post a link to it in the old thread, which will be closed as soon as one of us mods get online.
    This could happen in the next time, cause Wyoming and I will be overworked in the next weeks, and I just wanted to tell you not be worried to open for example a new Wallpaper Thread. ;)
    Just check out how the old one was built up and everything will be fine :)

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Does anyone know how to keep brushes on the icon, I've downloaded a tuturial from Livejournal, but it still disappears. Thanks

8. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I don't really get your problem, Hard2Handle :confused: Could you explain it?

PS: Happy birthday! :)

9. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

hehe, thanks Vera! I thought I'd better show my sorry tush around here again, otheriwse I would get pelted with mouldy fruit! :lol:

Hard2Handle, do you mean taht you can't get brushes to show up when your working on your art? Like you might wanna put a heart next to a certain character and can't? If so, have you checked you're on the right layer, and the opacity is set to 100%? That's the only thing I can think of! Sorry! :(

10. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I finally figured out how load brushes.....so now I am playing around with them - loaded a nice 100x100 one on top of an icon and went to save it and it disappeared. ..confusion again....any ideas? :confused:

11. Dragonfly

Hmm... Katbug, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. What do you mean when you say you loaded it on top of an icon?

12. CSI_Kat

see it culd be I am doing it completely wrong....I took my icon and cropped it, etc. Then the brush I was using (I think it is a masking brush) is sized 100x100. I loaded them into my brushes.....when you select it and move it to your icon, it fits completely on top. Click on the icon and it sits down on top of it. I am not at my computer with photoshop.....anyways - this was the kind of brush it is...deviantart_maskbrush

Am I making any sense?

*edited to shorten the URL cause it stretched the screen ;)

13. Dragonfly

Okay, so you put the brush onto your icon, and then when you save the icon and re-open it, the brush is gone? Or it just dissapears when you save it?

14. CSI_Kat

kind of both actually. When I saved it and went to look at it in my pic folder the brush was gone. Then I tried it again and when I did a save as I noticed that the brush part changed and looked like it was shaking like wwhen you select something to do a cut and paste. Does that make sense?

15. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I have a slightly unusual question! During one of the Banner Challenges (from quite some time ago), I really liked this banner:

[​IMG]

and I would like to use it, but I don't know who made it and therefore, I don't know who to credit. If you recognize it, please could you post here, or send me a PM? Thank you! :D