'The Case Of The Cross-Dressing Carp' Promo Now Online

CSI Files

Captain
A promo for the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" is now available online.

While their professional lives continue as normal, the personal relationship between Gil Grissom (<font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>) and Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) reaches a fork in the road. "The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" was written by <font color=yellow>David Rambo</font> and <font color=yellow>Jacqueline Hoyt</font>.

The promo can be watched below. For those of you with slower connections, a full transcript follows (please be aware that most of the scenes described are from older episodes).

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gjf9jc1ZHuU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gjf9jc1ZHuU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

<dl><dt><dd>[The sun rises]<dd>[Sara Sidle struggles in the heat of the desert]

</dt><dt>WHEN THE NEW SEASON OF CSI BEGAN

<dd>[Helicopters and cars hurry though the desert]<dd>[Gil Grissom runs]

</dt><dt>GRISSOM FOUGHT TO SAVE SARA'S LIFE

<dd>[Sara has an oxygen mask on in the helicopter]<dd>[Text-over: 'Now']

</dt><dt>NOW HE'LL CHANGE HER LIFE

<dd>[Sara touches Grissom's face]<dd>[Text-over: 'Forever']

</dt><dt>FOREVER

<dd>[Grissom wears a beekeeper's outfit]<dd>Grissom: You know, maybe we should get married.<dd>[Sara looks over at him, also wearing a beekeeper's outfit]<dd>[Sara opens the door to see Grissom standing on the other side]<dd>[Sara cries and Grissom holds her hand]<dd>[Sara and Grissom remove their sunglasses]<dd>[Sara bangs her arms on a metal grating]<dd>[Grissom turns to look behind him]<dd>[Grissom wipes a tear from Sara's cheek]<dd>[Sara walks down a hall, her arms crossed]<dd>[Close-up on Grissom's profile]<dd>[Close-up on Sara's profile]<dd>[Grissom puts an arm on either side of Sara's body to replicate an experiment]<dd>[Sara kneels next to the bed in a robe]<dd>[Grissom smiles at her from the bed, also wearing a robe]<dd>[Text-over: 'What will Sara's answer be?']<dd>[Sara starts to walk backward]<dd>[Text-over: 'The moment GSR fans have been waiting for']<dd>[Text-over: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Thursday, 9/8c']</dt></dl>

"The Case of the Cross-Dressing Carp" will air October 18 on CBS. Thanks to <font color=yellow>princessklutz04</font> on YouTube.<center></center>

So is Sara the "Cross Dressing Carp"? :confused:

I really miss the CSI of old. You know when they(CBS) actually promo'd the cases instead of this crap. :rolleyes:
Cant wait for JF to be gone.

I really miss the CSI of old. You know when they(CBS) actually promo'd the cases
Yeah, no kidding. The case looks really interesting, and I doubt this stuff with Grissom and Sara will be more than a little mention. He'll ask, she'll beat around the bush for several episodes, and then she'll leave ([/guessing]). *sigh*

Nothing says great show when the promo desn't tell you what's going on in the case. All I got out of this was that Grissom and Sara could get engaged.

Does CBS even care that there are other fans who started watching this show for the science and cases? From the looks of the current promos, I think not.

wolfesgamergirl said:
Does CBS even care that there are other fans who started watching this show for the science and cases?

Well, I guess that if the Jorja spoilers/reports etc. come to fruition then we won't have to worry about promos like this for the rest of the season. I say let them promote while they still can, and then focus on the cases for the remaining two thirds of the season. ;) Not that this is really a promo anyway, it looks like CSI takes their inspiration from fan videos nowadays. :lol:

Actually, I seem to be in a bit of a minority here though, because I always thought this episode sounded a little dull to be honest, it just doesn't pique my interest at all. I am also put off by the completely ridiculous episode title, which I thought couldn't get any worse until I saw the title of the episode following this one. :rolleyes:

Elsie said:
;) Not that this is really a promo anyway, it looks like CSI takes their inspiration from fan videos nowadays. :lol:

Actually, I seem to be in a bit of a minority here though, because I always thought this episode sounded a little dull to be honest, it just doesn't pique my interest at all. I am also put off by the completely ridiculous episode title, which I thought couldn't get any worse until I saw the title of the episode following this one. :rolleyes:

I like the point about the fan videos, it does look like one, especially the GSR at the end.

The title is an interesting one. I took it as there might be cross dessers and such. Which could be interesting depending on how they are portrayed.

it looks like CSI takes their inspiration from fan videos nowadays.
I know--since when does CBS use the term "GSR"??? Anybody who sees that promo but doesn't follow the online fandom is probably wondering what in the hell that is supposed to mean. :rolleyes:

About the plot itself--now that I really think about it, I think it could either be really interesting, or it could be uber tacky. Either way, it piques my interest more than whether Sara will become Mrs. Bugman. :p

Indeed, I suggest they are pandering somewhat to relationshippy fans. Maybe they are hoping to appease this particular fanbase with their validation? But yes, to those not quite so involved with fandom (which really is the majority of fans after all) it will make no sense whatsoever.

wolfesgamergirl, unless it is a cross-dressing fish I'm just not interested. :lol: (I'm sure it will make sense once I actually see the episode, I just generally find episode names irksome and really wonder who the writer was that actually dared to suggest it, did he not fear the ridicule?). ;)

Fay, come on now, I know you have secretly been waiting for a CSI wedding. What could be better than Mr and Mrs Bugman walking down the aisle? :rolleyes:

Elise, I've noticed over the years that some ep titles, Like Case Of The Cross-Dressing Carp rarely have anything to do with the show. I wonder if they writers hire someone who thinks way outside the box and asks them to rattle off random things until they find one they like.

A cross-dressing fish would be funny! Someone would have one odd fetish, but it would be a good thing to see. :lol: They have done strange cases before and been very sucessful at that.

That's the older promo. I've been scouring CBS for the new one while I'm at work, because, there I can upload it. That one hilights the case, more.

They didn't show it last night. They only showed 10 second promos for CSI last night. So, I'll try to keep an eye out tonight.

Back