Tennis

Wow good and bad news: Rafa YES! well done, second final in a row in Roland.
David , recover as soon as possible :(

So here is the final everyone expected: [*]On my left, the world number one (uh n°1 really ?), he comes from Switzerland and is so boring...Fedex [*]On my left, the world numer two (soon n°1), he comes from Spain, is so friendly...Rafa

Place your bets!

I'm not a fortune teller but I really think Rafa'll lose this time :rolleyes:.
Besides the crowd will support Fedex, he's french speaking and most of people here in France don't like Rafa (not me, I swear!).

Tomorrow, I hope Justine will win.

Hormiga you saw the videos yesterday and I'd like to know what you thought about Arnaud Clement's performance on 'Love Boat'...please.

my prediction would be justine on the women's side and nadal on the men's side...federer is pretty untouchable, but nadal rules the clay courts

^^I agree with you,Nadal rules on clay,I'm confident about him winning but it's gonna be a very tough match.

kimi said:
Hormiga you saw the videos yesterday and I'd like to know what you thought about Arnaud Clement's performance on 'Love Boat'...please.
I see you removed the links.I don't think it's against the board rules,I've posted links to clips before and there was no prob.
I liked Monfils with the wig as The Jackson Five. :lol:
The Love Boat and I don't remember if it was Clijsters were hilarious too.

most of people here in France don't like Rafa (not me, I swear!).
Dunno why there are people in France that seems to dislike us so much.
Rafa is really nice and people were very unfair to whistle him when he defeated Benneteau.
We're not that way with French sportmen,I like Zidane and my fav cyclist was Laurent Jalabert,so no prob with Frenchs. ;)

Hormiga said:
Dunno why there are people in France that seems to dislike us so much.
Rafa is really nice and people were very unfair to whistle him when he defeated Benneteau.
We're not that way with French sportmen,I like Zidane and my fav cyclist was Laurent Jalabert,so no prob with Frenchs. ;)

Hey I have absolutely no idea why the French don't like Rafa...maybe they're jealous. Right I didn't agree with Rafa being whistled after he won against Mathieu...but French are said to be chauvinist, it's like that. On this match I was torn but the best won, that's all I've to say. The crowd has his reasons: there're players the french crowd can't stand (Hingis, Coria) and some that it loves ( Guga, Safin, Graf...).
I've never whistled any players...uh no actually just one, Stepanek cos he really had a bad behaviour.

I love Guga, definitely my favorite RG's champion ever. He plays at home in France Guga 2001

Congratulations Justine, third times she wins in Paris wow :eek:

Congratulations Justine !!! 3 times!!! Is that a record?

And,hey Kimi in France they talk more about RG or the World Cup?

Hormiga said:
Congratulations Justine !!! 3 times!!! Is that a record?

And,hey Kimi in France they talk more about RG or the World Cup?

No record for Justine, she "just" equals Arantxa Sanchez and Monica Seles !!!
Football is omnipresent now on french media, they talk almost exclusively about foot...But I don't care I'm keen on it ;).

The final Federer/Nadal is highly expected, it's a big event and I'm really looking forward to seeing it :D.

^^How could I forget Arancha Sánchez Vicario? :eek: :lol:
Well,and Monica Seles...

Yep,here is the same,football the whole day and only a oh yes!,we've got Nadal in Roland Garros' final.
But Spain is always crazy about football. :rolleyes:

It's going to be a exciting day today! First off, congratulations to Justine.
Second, I so hope Rafa wins today. In Holland we love him. Rafa is friendly, always ready to fight and well...hot :lol:
But I really think Feds is going to get this one. He has never lost a Grand Slam final and he has gotten pretty close to Rafa the last times they played. I'm afraid he will raise his game up a level when he really has to, which is today. I so hope I'm wrong though.
The Dutch are playing their match today in soccer but I don't care, I'm watching that final! :lol:

WOW Nadal!!! He defeated Feds for the 6 time !!!!
2 Roland Garros !!! The guy is outstanding,I feared the worst when he lost the first set but he's so great!!! :D

nadalrg.jpg

Rafa is a phenomenon, he's such an incredible player!!
He really scared me in the first set and when he served for the match at 5-4...hey but what a great job :D.
60th victory in a row on clay...Bravo and respect

I was wrong!!!!!!!! Yes! I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life :) Rafa showed to world that he rules on clay. He scared me in the first set though but he managed to overcome his bad start and played an excellent match from that point on.
Congratulations Rafa and I hope Wimbledon brings you more luck then last year.

Joy22 said:
Congratulations Rafa and I hope Wimbledon brings you more luck then last year.

Bye Bye clay, hello grass :(
Here comes the grass season (not too long hopefully), I hate grass, it's the surface I dislike the most. And of course it's where Rafa succeeds the least. I think I won't watch Wimbledon cos everybody knows who's gonna win, Fedex is untouchable on grass :(. Gonna be tough for Rafa (lost in the second round last year if I remember)

Back