'Take My Life, Please!' Discussion *SPOILERS*

DJRideout

Following the trace
Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
Episode Title: 'Take My Life, Please!'
Episode Number: 1020
Synopsis: "A legendary comic from the good old days of Las Vegas is set to reunite with his partner on stage for one night only, until one half of the famous duo is found dead."
Original Airdate
: April 29, 2010

Written By
: David Rambo and Dustin Lee Abraham
Directed By: Martha Coolidge

Guest Stars:

• Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
  • Tim Conway as Knuckles Pratt
  • Jennifer Tilly as Terpsie Pratt
  • Gerald McCullough as Bobby Dawson
  • Larry Sullivan as Officer Akers
  • Jon Farless as Young Bernie Nash
  • Jeremy Cohenour as Young Knuckles Pratt
  • John Barbour as Bernie Nash
  • Kayla Ewell as Bettina Claire
  • Marcus Coloma as Bingo Mathers
  • Shaun Sipos as Daniel Peidre
  • Eric Ladin as Delf Rod
  • Hedy Burress as Julianne Torse
  • Samantha Shelton as Machine Gun Chick

Wonder if this is going to be just the one case or if it's got a 'B' case? From the promo it kinda looks like it might be 2 cases.

Susan

Yay for Bobby! And yay for DLA and Rambo writing the ep! Hopefully that means it'll be good. They tend to be two of my fave CSI writers, so... :)

This was way better than all the other episodes this season with regards to Greg, but it still wasn't really enough. He was almost like Nick's lapdog the whole episode...is Nick really in that much of a higher position than Greg by now? I had flashbacks of when Greg was being taught the ropes by everyone a long time ago...

I liked the B storyline a lot better than the A one. It was very boring. Brass and Meg Tilly were funny to watch. She's always a character that one! Tim Conway was pretty good too. The case itself was..blah. I never liked "Old Vegas" stories with the exception of Young Man with a Horn.

Anyways, the B one was rather sad. I don't know why the owner of the land didn't come forward. It was only an accident.

Personally, I think Nick would have worked better on that storyline. It was really interesting.

Last edited:
I thought I'd like the Tim Conway/Jennifer Tilly stuff more than I actually did. The whole comedian death case fell way too flat. Loved the increased Greg screen time, but unfortunately, that seemed to come with extra Nick screen time, which I didn't enjoy. Sorry.

I actually enjoyed the guns-a-plenty case. Ray & Sara work well together. I was surprised to hear that Sara's only been to the PD firing range. That's not what I had expected. For as much as she's drawn her gun in this series, I expected her to be more of a gun enthusiast.

The lack of Catherine again annoys me. And no Wendy? Even with a few show girls and Jennifer Tilly in this episode, there was still too much testosterone fit into this one episode for my liking.

I'm going to say this once, and it goes for this thread, the spoiler threads, the character threads, etc. And it refers to posts in the past, present, and future, whether or not they've been left alone, deleted, or edited.

STOP bashing each other's favorite characters, complaining about things people say or don't say about them, claiming one or the other is "higher up" or more deserving or less deserving of screen time, etc.

It's enough. If you don't like reading about something, skip it. If you didn't like something you saw on the show, express your opinion without dissing someone else's opinion or favorite character.

Everyone has the right to say what they want here, but we need to respect that everyone has different opinions and thoughts on things. You don't have to like a certain character, but that doesn't mean you have to say negative things about them or begrudge their fans some indulgence when the character gets a good story or some disappointment when they don't.

This is a fun place and we are not going to turn it into a place where people feel they aren't welcome or can't post.

I enjoyed this episode. It wasn't gimmicky or flashy or over the top, just good storytelling, with a nice amount of science and ballistics thrown in. There were no ridiculous chases and, thankfully, the gun fighting was limited to firing ranges for a change, and not by our CSI's.

Rambo's 'A' case was similar in tone to Young Man With A Horn and Who Shot Sherlock. You can tell that DR and 'Greg' love the old Vegas. Greg had some good screen time, and seemed to enjoy solving the case, like he did back in WSS.
I also enjoyed Brass' scenes with Jennifer Tilly. She was a hoot! Tim Conway was okay, though he's not really famous for his acting abilities; and his bad toupee was distracting. I was glad to see that it had something to do with the case, and not just a bad prop. :lol:

Sara and Ray, with the help of Bobby and Hodges, worked well together. My favorite scene was with Sara and Bobby D; her looks while he was 'posing' was great. I also liked when the young suspect jumped out of his chair during his interrogation with Catherine; loved her reaction. Both those scenes seemed very DLA-like. :lol:
Not a lot of surprises in this case, but still nicely told.

Solid episode. Nice work by DR and DLA.

I was oh so happy that Greg got the opening one-liner. It really set me up for what I hoped was going to be a great episode.

And I wasn't disappointed. Sure, it wasn't the Greg episode I've been hoping for, but it was still good. He seemed to get a decent amount of screen time and appeared to be happier and more jovial than we've seen him of late.

I really enjoyed the continuity here. Greg once again is the man with the knowledge of old-Vegas. And the fact that he solved the case thanks to his previous experiences of hair-experimentation was very nice.

As for the case itself, it wasn't bad. Jennifer Tilly is hilarious. Her interrogation scene with Brass was great. His facial expressions as she was touching him were so funny!:lol: I was a little unimpressed by Tim Conway, but I'll get over it.

The other case wasn't bad either. A little sad that Catherine disappeared, but I think that happens a lot now - a CSI vanishing by the 30-minute mark. I will say that I'm beginning to appreciate the teaming up of Ray and Sara. They do well together. And Bobby' appearance here was hilarious!:guffaw:

All in all, this was a pretty enjoyable episode. The comedy was more subtle then episodes like "Field Mice" or "Appendicitement" and I think that worked quite well here. Basically, what we should all take away from this is that if you want to kill someone without getting caught - contact Angela Lansbury.

Back