Stella/Danny-- Passionate People Make Cute Couples

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Top41, May 31, 2005.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Eh, lame title but it was the best that I could think of on the fly. :D Why do I like these two? They're the dark horse pairing of CSI: NY. Because Mac and Aiden are often paired with these two, respectively, and for good reason. Mac and Aiden represent stability and steadfastness, while Stella and Danny are passionate and fiery, and, in his case at least, reckless.

While opposites can and do attract, these two are similar enough to create serious sparkage, and different enough to balance each other out.

They're both passionate about what they do.
    Few people pursue cases with the ferocity Stella and Danny do. Stella takes no nonsense from anyone and refuses to give up, while Danny often gets emotionally involved with the cases he's working on.

They're both the "bad" cop.
    Suspects get no sympathy from either Stella or Danny. Remember that scene in "The Closer" when they interrogate the baseball player? These two show no mercy. No such thing as a sympathetic ear for a criminal if you're in the room with them.

They work well together.
    While Danny often seems head-strong and stubborn when working with others (w/ Mac in "A Man a Mile" or with Aiden in "Outside Men"), he's willing to listen to Stella and follow her lead. She knows how to not let him go off on tangents ("American Dreamers").

She's the tough one.
    How many times have we seen the same old, same old story where the girl is the emotional wreck and the guy is the tower of strength? Not so here! As Mac said, Stella's the strongest person he knows. Danny, on the other hand, wears his heart on his sleeve and seems to need constant supervision and protection.

So...am I alone in liking this offbeat pairing? If I am, that's cool. I'll wave my Stella/Danny flag alone. :lol: I think the great thing about NY is that all the pairings are interesting in some way or another. :cool:

2. dylan

dylan Pathologist

Re: Stella/Danny--Passionate People Make Cute Couples

you just had to do it... [​IMG]

i just really like they way danny respects stella so much.

3. Top41

^You know I did. :devil:

Yep, Danny respects and actually listens to Stella, something he doesn't seem to do with anyone else. He often brushes off Aiden's imput (like he did in "Outside Man" and "Dove Commission"), he's downright disobeyed Mac ("Crime and Misdemeanor" and "On the Job") and he ignored Flack's advice as well ("On the Job").

But Stella? Nah, Danny knows better than to cross Stella! :lol: Another good thing about them...she'd keep him in check and he'd keep her on her toes. Stella strikes me as someone who enjoys a challenge, and Danny is nothing if not that. :lol:

4. lament

lament Captain

No, Top41. You're not alone. I picked up on the tension between the two as soon as Danny ran out into the hall to catch up with Stella during "Blink." That, coupled with his comment in a later episode about Stella having no one to come home to, gave me the impression that there was something unresolved between the two.

5. dylan

dylan Pathologist

ya know why he respects her?
    this is why;
    [​IMG]
    stella´s one tough chick! ;)

yeah, ditto that! :D

but i can´t say i´m a stella/danny shipper; i´m too much of a D/A and M/S...and F/D...
    ok, what the hell!!! this freakin´ show is so shippable!
    yeah, i´m a S/D shipper! [​IMG]

6. Top41

^The more ships the better, I say! :D This one is my favorite, but I like/can see all of them.

Yeah, those two things stuck out right away to me. That's kind of why I immediately picked up on them as a potential couple (or two people who had had a past fling!), but then it kinda got dropped around mid-season. I liked how she checked out his ass in the finale, though! Maybe she was just watching him leave Mac's office, but I prefer to believe she was checking out his fine ass. :devil: Who could blame her?

7. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I had made a Stella/Danny forum but it was more like a question about if it would survive or not.

8. Top41

^A Stella/Danny forum? Where?

It's definitely an offbeat pairing. To be honest, I saw more evidence in the show for it in the first half of the season. I still think personality-wise they'd make an interesting pairing, but it's definitely a dark horse ship.

9. lament

lament Captain

Dark horse ships are the best! I think these two have real potential. Any fics out there?

10. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

The forum is somewhere back there.

But fic wise? Don't think there are any. At least, from the ones that I've seen out there.

11. Top41

You know, I haven't seen a single one. I'd sure love to read one! I think these two would be so hot together. They're both very passionate, spirited people.

12. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

I'd write one but I'm already backed up with trying to finish other ship fics.

Once Classes are done I'll be free.

13. Top41

^Coolness--I will look forward to it! :D I love reading fanfic for NY--it's really the only show I've read fanfic for, but I'm hooked! :D

14. Daisy

Daisy Pathologist

First I liked Stella/Danny the most, but I switched now to Aiden/Danny. But I really loved the mascara scene in Recycling, that was so sweet! But I see more a mother/son relationship here, for my motivation look in the Tanglewood Theory tread ;)

15. Top41

I kinda like that Stella is older than Danny--Stella deserves a hot young thing. :D But I could see a Stella-Danny-Aiden love triangle. I think Aiden has a bit of a crush on Danny. I can see both ships really.