Star Trek: TNG

Crysthala

CSI Level One
OMG STAR TREK!!1
I have been watching Star Trek TNG reruns on Spike, and I love that show. :lol: So I was like, hey, I bet lots of CSI-philes watch this show too, since Naren Shankar's presence as a story editor must set their CSI-dars a-ringing.
Well, anyway, this is for The Next Generation only, as the original Star Trek makes my brain melt (god, I hate Captain Kirk) and Deep Space Nine fils me with almost as much loathing as David Caruso, for no apparent reason.
Data: How interesting. Q seems to have appeared as Crysthala's banner... o_O
But yeah. So, what's your favorite Star Trek TNG episode? My favorite one so far is Encounter at Farpoint part II. Aaah, I love Q.

I love Q also, he's my favourite villain! Have you seen him with his son on Voyager? They look so much like each other!

BTW, I'm a fan of the original series, having seen it since the beginning... Oops, think I gave away my age? "gasp!" Doesn't really matter, we're between friends, right?

Ohh, that Spock... Grissom reminds me of him: serious, sexy, intelligent, sexy, rare smiles, sexy... what can I say... SEXY!!! I always come back to Grissom... :)

Anyway, my favourite TNG episode would be The Measure of a Man. Yes, Data is very interesting...

Go to www.trekbbs.com, that is the sister site of CSIFiles. The same setup, only Trek-based rather than CSI based, if you have never been there. Actually, I have been posting a heck of a lot more there than I have here recently, even though I started out on this board long before I started on that board.

Today, August 19, would have been the 86th birthday of the late Gene Roddenberry, creator of the Trek universe. He passed away in 1991. We miss you, Gene.

GGgirl1 said:

BTW, I'm a fan of the original series, having seen it since the beginning... Oops, think I gave away my age? "gasp!" Doesn't really matter, we're between friends, right?

Yup I remember the original show as well. I was never a fan of it in it's initial run but I have seen all the shows since. And yes age is just kept between friends :)

I enjoyed TNG better than Voyager. I liked Riker and Data. I don't know what my favourite episode is but the one where they went back in time to San Francisco was a good one. Will Wheaton played a bum in CSI Season 5's Compulsion.

I use to watch the original Star Trek, my favorite guys are McCoy, Spock and Scotty. I can't stand Capt. Kirk (I don't like William Shatner), he think he know everything or stuck up on himself.

Star Trek: The next Generation, My favorite are Riker and Data. I don't care much about the others, just those two.

I don't watch other Star Trek, so I won't judge them.

My dad and I love TNG and have spent many hours together watching reruns and marathons (I so love it when they do marathons)!

Asking me to pick a favorite episode is like trying to ask me what my favorite kind of chocolate is (all!), but I will say the first episode I ever saw and that got me hooked was "The Game." God Bless Wil Wheaton!

Mmmm, I love TNG. It's the one I grew up with, so whilst it isn't my favourite Trek series (That is Voyager, by far), I do adore it.

My favourite character is a three way tie between Barclay, Q and Riker. Though Worf is also a close contender (though I like him more in DS9 than TNG, to be honest).

Favourite episode? Probably Tapestry, because the idea of Q as God is... fantastic, just fantastic! Though 'The Best of Both Worlds' is also a firm favourite of mine.

I have a soft spot too for 'A Fistful of Datas'. Everyone is great in that episode, and heck, I have a weak spot for Trek kids, so Alexander is just adorable in this one.

Ok I love watching the episodes where Riker has a mustache and then the ones where he doesn't. It's such a radical difference.I find you can really notice his eyes when he doesn't have it.

I love when you see characters from a different series. Especially when they are playing a different character. It's very amusing.

One of my favorite episodes would have to be 'Rascals' Seeing some of the crew turned into kids was awesome. Quite entertaining.

Aah yes - I *love* that episode! I adored the character of Ro, so all episodes with her in I enjoy. And young Ro? Just as awesome!

Ooo! I also loved the episode "Second Chances" where younger Riker and older Riker meet. And Deanna and younger Riker have to decide if they'll get together or not. I always rooted for them!

I love ALL the characters. Every episode is different and brings out all the different sides of each character. I realized that yesterday. Like I'll think in one episode, "Picard is SO my favorite!" But then I'll watch the next episode and it will be someone totally different!

I think the writers of this series were so brilliant to be able to do that. Keep you interested in each character, year after year. There was no season I didn't like. There are some episodes I've seen too much because of reruns, but it doesn't make any of them less brilliantly written. Like G4 had "Best of Both Worlds, parts 1 & 2" on last night. It's rare to see any series nowadays (besides CSI!) who can write like that and keep you interested for so many years.

Hats off to the TNG writers!

Back