Spoilers Ahoy!

CSI Files

Captain
<font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font>, executive producer of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, dishes on the upcoming season.

While Sara Sidle's (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) fate is being kept secret, Mendelsohn was more open about what will happen with other characters in season eight. Fans will once again see Catherine Willows (<font color=yellow>Marg Helgenberger</font>) interact with Adam Novak (Helgenberger's real-life husband, <font color=yellow>Alan Rosenberg</font>). She will be outside of the lab for this storyline. "One of the things he's going to offer Catherine is sort of an opportunity to be on a dream-team-type defense on a high-profile case," Mendelsohn said. "And she gets a little touch of the high life doing that. You get paid well, you get to stay in nice hotels, you get to have nice meals.... It's going to be a little tantalizing for her."

In other Catherine-related news, Ask Ausiello revealed that the show will delve into more of her family issues, specifically the legacy left to her by Sam Braun (<font color=yellow>Scott Wilson</font>). Helgenberger's contract will run out at the end of season eight, as will <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>'s (Gil Grissom), but there is no information at this point about whether Catherine (or Grissom) will be leaving the show.

As for the other characters, Mendelsohn revealed that some of the semi-regular cast members would be getting a bit more focus this season. "We're going to see more of the lab rats this year," she said. "We love our lab rats. We're going to play up our friendship and their rivalry." And it's not just the semi-regulars that will be pushed to the forefront. Nick Stokes (<font color=yellow>George Eads</font>) will also be in the spotlight in season eight. "This is a year in which Nick is going to step forward," Mendelsohn said. "The question has always been, 'Grissom is the supervisor, but who's the supervisor in waiting?'"

The original spoilers are from Ask Ausiello.<center></center>

Glad to see that Alan's coming back. He does a great job on the show.

I hope one of the recurring characters they look at is Sofia Curtis. Louise does such a great job on the show, and they should use her more.

Your eyes didn't deceive you. It was suppose to be more Nick this season. Like your said, I won't hold my breath for that. Carol said the same thing last season, Nick will have a break down, but we didn't see it. I will wait and see when the show come back.

What about WARRICK!!!!! To me he seems to be SIDELINED in a great way. I am glad Nick is getting more, but at the expense of others??? Sara and Grissom have a good stroy, Catherine ALWAYS gets good storylines. Now the lab rats are going to be in more , which is great. But I feel Warrick's character hasnt been delved into greatly. What about his father (hes not dead), his marriage, him and Catherine. ITS NOT RIGHT. he has been there from the start and now he is disappearing, we have heard NOTHING from CSI producers about him. If they monitor this, then I hope they pick up on it.

I didn't here anything about Gregg he's being sidelines as well man what's going are they trying to add the cast to the and fire the old one. I sure hope I meean the cast is what makes the show. :(

Back