**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Wait....Kyle's going to be working in the morgue?!?!?!? Since when do 16 year olds do that? I must have skimmed over the above posts too fast haha

Edit: Just kidding, went back over it. Sound like a weird episode. I'm happy to see a new lab tech, but the murder is just odd to me. Whatevers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, I may be in the minority here, but I don't like Kyle. I thought the introduction of him last season was plain stupid and his continual troublemaking for himself and Horatio just grandstanding/jump the shark. I'm not even commenting on the character of Julia. Honestly, I think Evan Ellingson is a really good actor. I just don't like the whiny brat that he portrays. Kyle is a little punk with a giant chip. The charater of Horatio Caine doesn't need that embellishment. Stupid, stupid, stupid. What ever happened to the subpeona that he was served with in New York? Wouldn't that be a much better story? That would be absolutely fantastic to explore. Horatio Daddy, not so much. Boooooooooooring.

Sorry, the character of Horatio Caine fell completely out of favor with me in the fifth season. That's when Super Horatio was born. Ick. Bring back the decent humanity and three dimensional character. Oh yeah, and stop threatening the suspects. Just plain dumb.

Like I said, I like Evan Ellingson. He's a terrific actor and has a bright future. It's not his fault that Kyle comes off as a whiny brat punk (IMHO). He does as the writers write for him and the director directs him to be. I'm a seasonal actor and I understand when the director says do this, you do this. You're only as eloquent as the writers allow you to be. I get that, even if William Shakespeare lives in your heart and soul you do as you're told. This is why I can still like the actors and not necessarily like the characters. Evan yes, Kyle, no. Elizabeth Berkeley, yes, Julia, no. Which is why I can still like Elizabeth Berekely from when she was the studious and over achieving Jessie Spano in "Head of the Class" and not as Julia Winston. She's an undeniably beautiful woman, but really doesn't meet the typical Horatio criteria for love interest. Think about it. The women H has been attrracted to have been Latina looking. Dark hair and dark eyes with dusky complexions. Yelina, Marisol, the prosecuting attorney Rebecca Nevins and Rachel Turner from season four. They've all bee "a type" that Julia doesn't fit. Hmn......make ya think, doesn't it?

However, to make it relevant to this discussion here, I really am looking forward to uncovering tidbits or more of our CSI's lives. Oh boy, more As Miami Bakes. (sarcasm not intended...lokk for As the World Turns)

3. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

ladyd10: Thank you!

It's nice to know that I'm not alone. I may be more recent to the thread but Kyle and Julia smacked me as phony from the time they appeared on the show. Every explanation for Julia's criminal behavior (bi-polar)? just did not seem real to me-as I have stated in previous posts about this subject, she seemed like a typical career type criminal to me- exactly the type of person that the supposedly vaunted *Caine* instinct would have warned Horatio about ( I don't care how much UC he was- her bad character could be read a mile off and he would have avoided it like the plague). I've even gone so far to postulate and I still believe that this cunning, sociopath even doctored the DNA- Kyle doesn't feel like Horatio's son; he feels as phony as now supposedly we are to believe about Eric's past; to wit, instead of a nice Russian father, now he's got a truly evil man as his real father. Who knows? maybe Ron will be revealed as Kyle's father down the line- funnier things have happened.

I don't even like looking at those two people as I have said before, the latter makes me fume thinking that Rory Cochrane went to the show 24 and Miami got this other *person*! I disliked even the possibility of seeing them so much that I have given up watching Miami until things change- say like those 2 leave the show permanently!

I know Rory wanted to leave Miami, but golly he HAS to know that there are still people out there who would give their souls to see him come back as Tim Speedle- anyway any how it COULD BE DONE!

Thanks for letting me know I'm not a lone voice in the wind. I too want to see Horatio as he was in the past, simply human, more than unique and great to see in action or interaction with others.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

First of all thanks delkolover for all these yummy spoilers :thumbsup:

As for the possible crossover, I'd b just glad to see it since I still think something was missing in the first one with LV.
    IDK I just didn't get the whole Petersen's stuff not accepting a crossover with Miami.
    Now I'm happy they'd love to make a new crossover, even if I, honestly, don't get how is it possible that Fishburne has all this power to make decisions like this one :lol:
    What I'd like to see in a possible new crossover? More interactions among the members and IDK why, but I'd love to see Greg in our lab possibely interacting with Ryan & Calleigh. I think it would be pretty funny:lol:.
    Though I wouldn't mine a Nick Stokes coming to Miami.

As for 7x17....well I have to say this episode sounds pretty weird :lol:
    -The ceiling scene :lol:. Sorry but I can just laugh at Calleigh's misfortune. Wherever she's is there's a burning house, a collapsing house or somelthing like this.
    Poor Tara? Second Calleigh's vicitm.
    Seriously what's the meaning of this scene for Calleigh after "Soke Gets into Your CSIs"?
    As for Tara, poor girl, though I still feel they could have used this plotlines for Khandi long long time ago.

-Kyle working in the mourgue.
    As much as I love this guy, as much as I'd love to see him interacting with someone else whose name is not Horatio Caine (above all, I'd love to see him interacting with both Natalia & Calleigh), I find it pretty hard to accept a 17 years old guy working in the morgue especially if you consider he's going to work with an M.E. assistant since I guess Tara got knocked out by that thing from the ceiling.
    I know this could be a way to have him as a regular member of the cast or something like this, but I find it pretty odd.

-New lab tech.
    He sounds a lot like Greg Sanders. This is not excatly good for Miami's non-originality, but stil I think it can be good for a character like Ryan who really need a teammate. Hopefully he'll be able to lighten up Ryan's character. Sometimes I really feel sorry for Ryan. He's a guy who needs to have fun with friend or girls and he never has the right opportunity to show the real guy he is except for very few scenes.

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

:lol::lol::lol: You know I really do wish I could feel sorry for Tara, but I don't. She hasn't grown on me, I still really miss Alexx.

As for Kyle working in the morgue, maybe daddy H is trying to show his son some responsibility. I dunno, hopefully Kyle will get to interact with the other characters on the show. I would love for it to be Natalia or Calleigh.

Thanks for the spoilers delkolover, you always manage to make my day a little brighter. :thumbsup:

6. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Wow. So many spoilers! Thanks delkolover!

Uhm...after this I'm kinda starting to think that maybe everyone should keep a safe distance from Calleigh...above all if there are cars or houses involved. That's more than misfortune! She needs help!

*What about a trip to Lourdes?;)*

Uhm, Kyle in the murgue? I agree when Flò says he is too young. He actually is and that's not the best place to do a "summer-job". LOL!

*Runs away before her house collapses*

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'd actually like to see Kyle interacting with Ryan. Maybe Ryan could play a pseudo big brother to Kyle. :lol:

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Wait!!! I'm the official organizer of Calleigh's trip to Lourdes or Fatima, you choose :lol:

Ok seriously, she's a danger! Both in a house or in car!! How can TPTB write this thing? LOL

Wouldn't you love to work in a morgue during the summer? :lol:

:shifty: you don't have to run away, unless you live with Calleigh!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Didn't see this posted yet... I think.

From Ausiello:

Source: Link

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok, Dave Navarro, soooo not Greg!!! :lol:

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

So now Calleigh's bad luck. Aw, she must feel horrible and for Tara, wow, I hope she's alright. Calleigh must have a breadown, either by episode 714 or this one, or I'll draw a conclusion that she's also a robot like Horatio.:lol:

12. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

at least they won't nickname her 'unlucky Duquesne'

13. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

Wow just saw the preview for next weeks episode it looks really good. From what it seems like calleigh finally asks eric what he expects from her. And just like I've been saying she only likes him as a good friend.

14. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

when was this preview?

15. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

About 30 mins ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.