Spike's snipping

MacsGirlMel

Mac's Personal Assistant
Why does Spike insist on cutting the episodes they air? I'm glad they run the show, since TNT is too occupied right now with basketball and original shows, but can't they just run the whole thing? I used to think they just did it with older shows like Highlander because commercials are longer now than they were in '92, but CSI NY is too new for that. And I'm fairly sure TNT doesn't edit. Why must Spike? :scream: (yes it was the birth scene in Greater Good today. I know it isn't that they don't wanna show a scene like that, it's Spike after all, so IDK.)

I haven't watched repeats on Spike recently; can you provide some examples? I know several were on this morning (March 25th).

So far, the birth scene was the only one I saw that was cut...I just started tuning in again myself, when TNT stopped showing as many. Although they've been notorious for it in the past, that I recall very well. No two Highlander airings were totally alike because of it. But like I said, the older the show, the more editing has to be done, the ads probably got longer. Not the case with CSI NY though, too new.

Spike is obviously cutting the episodes down in order to play more commercials. Didn't they start/end at weird times today?
limegreentongue.gif
Can't say I'm surprised...SciFi used to do this all the time when they aired repeats of The X-Files--a X-Phile knows when scenes get dropped!

Yeah, they do tend to do odd start times. I've noticed it with them and one other channel. Well, hopefully once basketball season ends, maybe TNT will squeeze some in. I do assume they'll run S9 eventually. I'd do better if I had DVDs, but I'm too broke for it LOL. And On Demand only has a few eps.

Back