Someone else being let go from CSI Miami? *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by doublehelix, Apr 20, 2008.

1. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings folks!
    I am going to throw something out that is unconfirmed. We're all pretty much aware that Khandi Alexander is leaving the show. The TVGuide article is the source that is being used.
    Well, on another board there was a post that indicated that someone else may be let go at the end of this season. They were citing some article they had read. The TV guide article indicated nothing of the sort. I did ask the poster to specify the article read. Thus far no response. This could be absolute garbage and just a stab at trying to whip up a frenzy of rumors through the various message boards.
    I do recall that at the beginning of the season there was "talk" of Emily Procter leaving the show. These were unconfirmed and seemed to die out quickly. A little later information came forward that EP signed on the show for another two seasons.
    I am just asking if anyone else has heard/seen/read anything similar or anything that may indicate that this could be absolute garbage. Well, has anyone heard anything that indicates anything either way?

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Re: Someone else being let go from CSI Miami?

Well as far as I know Emily isn't going anywhere cause she just signed her contract for other 2 years;) and if I'm not mistaken she mentioned it on "Saloon City Magazine"

3. doublehelix

I heard the same thing. It would be useful if we knew whose contracts are up and when.
    That might be an indicator of who might be leaving. Provided what is being said is true in the first place.

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Are you trying to give me a heart attack? :eek: Please don't even hint at such a rumor.

Fred Sandford imitation: Oh, this is the biggest one I ever had. You hear that Elizabeth? I'm coming to join you honey.

Maybe they were referring to a certain story of a cast member from the original CSI planning on leaving.

5. doublehelix

I'm not trying to give anyone a heart attack at all. I am looking for information that is credible and can be confirmed, like a link to an article or something like that.
    Like I said the original post that I read this from could be total garbage. It was very non-specific, but my impression was that it was someone in addition to Khandi Alexander.
    There are only a few epis left for the season, it seems if someone else was being let go or was leaving, chances are we would have heard about it by now.

6. katelynn

katelynn Lab Technician

Wow.
    I hope CSI: Miami continues longer than another 2 years (and renew everyones contracts).

It better not be Jonathan.. i would officially not watch the show.
    I also hope that this is just a rumour and that no one else will leave.
    and if someone else is leaving i hope it's not the main cast Emily, Adam,Jon and david.

7. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I hope no one else is leaving the show other that Jonathan Togo...I apologise to all Jonathan Togo fans but I just don't like him. Khandi will be sadly missed on the show, It just won't be the same.

8. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

The only person I wouldn't mind leaving would be Eva La Rue. I have nothing against her as an actress, mind you, I just cannot stand her character... I really dislike Natalia Boa Vista... That's all...

God, I would be freakin' devastated if Adam left the show, and I would definitely stick to watching my DVDs, and write to the show and chew them out!

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Same here. Actually, if Emily, Adam, or David left the show (especially David, because well, Miami isn't Miami without Horatio Caine) I'd probably stop watching, but Jonathan would be the worst.

I will horribly miss Khandi though, I loved Alexx. :(

On topic, I had heard all kinds of rumours about Emily, including that she was pregnant. But all of those rumours sort of died after a while, I don't think any of them were true at all. *Phew*

10. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Does anyone know how long David signed up for? did he renew his or is he going to be doing something else? Personally I wouldn't watch it anymore if david left, if Johnathan left I would still watch it.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I honestly could not see DC leaving. From everything I have read from producers they all think he is like God. If he left, the show would end, not because I think he initionally "makes" the show, but in a way, its him & his character that represents Miami.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about w/ DC. Ann Donahue has said
    they will have 5 more great years as long as they have David.

Seems like the cast/producers are all being hush- hush right now, no interviews, articles, just lots of rumors, & the entire team on the show looking like at some point or another could maybe be getting the boot makes it "odd" & a bit scary, to say the least. I wish we had some reassurance. :confused:

12. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I actually don't know if DC leaving the show would be a bad thing. I don't want him to leave the show for good, but maybe like, a leave of absence or something? His character needs a break, let some of the other main characters have a shot at the spotlight for a little while. I'd love to see Calleigh have another chance to take control of the team, just to see what she does.

I definitely think though, if DC left the show, then it would go downhill very quickly. A lot of people like Horatio's character, and he holds the team together.

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I hope nobody else leaves, I like the cast as it is now.

14. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Could it be that they were referring to a character from another CSI leaving the show? I haven't heard anything about a CSI:Miami character leaving other than Alexx (Khandi).

15. Debby

Debby Hit and Run

You scare me :eek: I hope nobody else leaves!