So...what's your secret?

RoboticMuffin27

Dead on Arrival
Hello -

Not so recently, I discovered a website that isn't nearly as popular as it should be...a little site by the name of PostSecret .

Every Sunday at Post Secret, Frank, who began the blog-turned-phenom, posts a select few of the secrets he recieved the week before. But they aren't just text: people from not only the U.S., but around the world send Frank their postcards anonymously with one of their secrets creatively displayed on it. Anyone can send in their postcards (see the bottom of the Post Secret page for the address), and it's really an amazing website. For the onlooker, it is a fantastic glimpse into the rest of the world. For the troubled, it's a visual display essentially adding up to one thing: You're not alone.

PostSecret was originally designed to be an art display, but has turned into a stop for "the broken, the beaten and the damned", as well as just the normal person looking to get a troublesome secret off their chest. They range from basic contemplations on life to traumatic experiences to apologies or flat out confessions - all one one small postcard. This month, Frank stated that it is expected the postcard count will surpass 100,000...and the mail is still pouring in. It's truly worth a look. Although sometimes sobering, it is a great way to remind yourself that you are not alone.

I just thought you all might enjoy this.

-RoboticMuffin27

I've actually read through the book he made of this, some of it is very sad and some I can honestly relate to.

Calihan said:
I've actually read through the book he made of this, some of it is very sad and some I can honestly relate to.

Frank Warren actually just released the third book in the PostSecret series, if you're interested. He has a picture and a small advertisement at the bottom of the blog page.

Back