Smallville

Anyone here think Smallville has changed so much there is no way it could possibly be called Smallville anymore. I used to be such an obsessed fan. I bought all of the DVDs, had posters, blah blah blah. I sold everything to buy CSI Seasons 1-5 on DVD. Did I change, or did the show?

They were probably running out of freak-of-the-week stories and decided to start the crossover from Smallville Superboy to Metropolis Superman. I think they introduced Lois, Jimmy, and Perry too soon. Okay for a one time shot, but not for continuous story lines like they are doing with Lois.

I enjoy Smallville. It's filmed in my town, which is cool, and I've watched it since it first started. But the thing is, I'm a huge Superman fan. I have vintage Supes comics and action figures and I LOVE Superman and everything about him. I particularly loved Lois and Clark, and I really just dismiss Smallville as being an entertaining show that happens to have the same character names as some of the Superman characters. It has NOTHING to do with Superman canon other than the names and the superpowers. I could get into it, but I don't want to. Basically, while I like the show, I just turn the Superman-obsessed part of my brain while watching it, because it just is so far off from canon that it barely relates.

I love Smallville too!! it's a good show.

love Tom Welling too, and love how he plays Clark Kent (I sure love a lot) any way good show, can't wait till tonight!

Yeah, this week was actually pretty funny. I love how Clark and Chloe act around each other now. I just think Lois should like, go away. I hate her. I don't even like the actress. Sure, some of her scenes are funny but she offers absolutley nothing to the show in my opinion. I agree that they introduced her and Jimmy Olsen way too soon.

So, since you are a big fan of Superman ziggy, are ALL of his powers the same as the originial Superman. Like the new one with the super-breath and the super-hearing??

Seems to be the same powers as in the comic book. Speaking of comic book, who else knows who this Oliver Reed is? I think the preview of the next episode gave it away.

Green Arrow
From Wikipedia.com
Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) is a DC Comics superhero. Created by Mort Weisinger and George Papp, he first appeared in More Fun Comics #73 (1941).

Dressed like Robin Hood, Green Arrow is an archer, who invents arrows with various special functions, such as a glue arrow, a net arrow, a boxing glove arrow, etc.

Throughout his first twenty-five years, Green Arrow was not a significant hero. But in the late 1960s, after he lost his fortune, writers gave him the unique role of streetwise crusader for the working class and the underprivileged. In 1970, he was paired with the more law-and-order-oriented hero Green Lantern in a groundbreaking, socially conscious comic book series. Since then, he has been popular among comic book fans and most writers have taken an urban, gritty approach to the character.

His son Connor Hawke also used the title Green Arrow for a time while Oliver Queen was deceased.

Smallville
Green Arrow, played by Justin Hartley, as depicted in Smallville.
Enlarge
Green Arrow, played by Justin Hartley, as depicted in Smallville.

In the pilot of the television series Smallville, a headline is visible on a newspaper stating "QUEEN INDUSTRIES CEO MISSING," an obvious reference to Green Arrow. Lionel Luthor is shown reading this paper in a helicopter with his son Lex Luthor during the sequence, just before Smallville's 1989 meteor shower.

Green Arrow made his first appearance as Oliver Queen near the end of the episode Sneeze of the sixth season (which premiered October 5, 2006). In it, Oliver was revealed to be the one responsible for kidnapping Lex in order to uncover the secrets regarding his former schoolmate's seemingly superhuman abilities which Lex exhibited while he was possessed (unbeknownst to Oliver) by the kryptonian Zod. His story arc will last "at least seven episodes" says Alfred Gough, co-creator of Smallville.[citation needed] In the episode entitled Justice, Oliver will begin to form the Justice League which will be composed of hero's who previously appeared on Smallville including: Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash. It is assumed that Oliver will try to persuade Clark to join the League as well (with our hero declining the invitation). "Ollie," as he will be known to his friends, is older than Clark, in his mid to late twenties, but he becomes a trusted ally and friend of Clark by his last appearance. In addition, as mentioned previously, he is a former boarding school classmate/rival of Lex Luthor, and he is rumored to be a potential love interest to Lois Lane. He will be played by Justin Hartley, who was cast as Aquaman in the TV series Aquaman.

greenplastic said:
Yeah, this week was actually pretty funny. I love how Clark and Chloe act around each other now. I just think Lois should like, go away. I hate her. I don't even like the actress. Sure, some of her scenes are funny but she offers absolutley nothing to the show in my opinion. I agree that they introduced her and Jimmy Olsen way too soon.

So, since you are a big fan of Superman ziggy, are ALL of his powers the same as the originial Superman. Like the new one with the super-breath and the super-hearing??

I completly agree with you!! I love Clark and Chloe, they are too cute the best scenes last night were the ones between them, I love that Clark has some one he can share his secret with, who can help him, who likes him, who wont get jealouse (like Pete), and just to be cute with.

I love it, I hope they contenue it, there really cute friends, love them!

but other then that last night was so so, I hate Lana, I just want Clark to say to her, after she says "why are you always hiding stuff from me?!" I want him to say "ok, what do you think my secret is?! tell me! really I'd like to know!"

ok thats my piece!!

but other then that last night was so so, I hate Lana, I just want Clark to say to her, after she says "why are you always hiding stuff from me?!" I want him to say "ok, what do you think my secret is?! tell me! really I'd like to know!"

LMAO! Dude, that would be so funny. No, I hate her as well. She's really chapping my ass. She should have figured it out by now anyway. Wow, she's stupid. But I actually am a Lex/Lana fan. Well, I used to be before Lana got all... bleh.

*bump*
Well Lana is really starting to figure out hs secret, and I am guessing by the end of the season she'll know it.
Well something bad is happening with Lana's baby, and I don't think she'll marry Lex in the end, partially because of Clark and partially because her baby is going to die (so I've heard) A lot of stuff is going on. The next ep, called 'Promise' is the wedding, and Nel is coming back! Then theres an ep called 'Combat' where Lois Lane helps in fighting two Phantom zoners. Then there's 'Nemesis' where Clark and Lex get trapped in a cave! So much stuff, so little time...the season is nearing it's end.
Any Smallville fans still here? Come out, come out wherever you are. the thread has been revived! *crickets*

I'm here! *lifts hand* Except I've only seen two episodes of season six so far and all of season four. I wasn't a fan until two weeks ago. :lol:

But thanks for the spoilers, I can't wait to check out these episodes. :D They sound more exciting every week!

Hey am I allowed to link to another website regarding Smallville?
And you have to buy the rest of the seasons, Geni. I had two birthdays in a row where I just got Smallville DVDs and now I've seen every ep! They're so good, and it's great to know the whole story. Each ep is like CSI (Miami :D) because it's a different plot with an underplot of the character development. S3, 5 and 6 are the best, 6 takes 1st place though. Each episode that goes by you think 'it's never gonna get better than that ep'. And now Lana knows Clark's secret! (ep. 16, 'Promise,' aired Mar. 15th 2007) OMG!
Sorry for raving. Calling ALL Smallville fans! :D

Back