slightly OT: my CSI: NY novel is out

Sweet! Thanks for the post, KRAD. :cool: I got the novel today, and I can't wait to read it. I've already read the excerpt from the first chapter--it's great to see what happened to Flack in "Charge of This Post" finally getting explored! :D I can't wait to read more. :D

Sweet! Thanks for the post, KRAD. :cool: I got the novel today, and I can't wait to read it. I've already read the excerpt from the first chapter--it's great to see what happened to Flack in "Charge of This Post" finally getting explored! :D I can't wait to read more. :D
Thanks! And you're the first person whom I know has a copy of the book (besides me and my editor), so thanks for that, too!

Have this on pre-order. Just waiting for it to become available to Amazon UK...

I'm actually really interested to read this one, being the first one by a different author. Not that I have any issue with SMK's writing - just used to tie-in novels by a variety of authors.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. :)

The excerpt looks particularly interesting. I appreciate that you focused on Flack and what happened to him both phisically and mentally mentioning not only the consequences of the explosion but Clay Dobson and Dean Truby as well. Can't wait to read the book!

Wow, it sounds great! I really like that you focused on Flack's physical/emotional issues after the events of COTP (something the writers of the show never did, grrr:scream:) and also his feelings about the Truby/Dobson case. I especially like that you had Flack still be a bit p*ssed off with Mac over that whole thing, and that you pointed out that Mac was to some extent in the wrong when he chased Dobson up on that roof, but also had Flack still feel loyalty and friendship towards Mac.
Also, I LOVED that you gave Flack a little flaw - that he's too stubborn to take his pain pills (typical tough male cop behavior:lol:) and also that he dumped that woman after only 2 weeks. That is excellent IMO. The writers on the show haven't really given Flack any flaws yet, and that you have makes him more human and interesting. Flaws are good, and it's nice that you gave Flack one or two as well as mentioning Mac's flaws as a person as revealed in the Clay Dobson arc.
I get the feeling I'm really going to like 'your' Flack.:thumbsup: I'm really looking forward to the whole book as well.:bolian: Can't wait till 6 May.

^ Thanks!

One of the things I tried to do in the book is think through how the characters would be dealing with the multiple traumas in their lives: Mac with the death of Clair, Stella with her assault by Frankie, Hawkes with being falsely arrested and accused of murder, Lindsay with being in the next room when her best friends were murdered, Flack with being blown up, and so on. :)

^ Thanks!

One of the things I tried to do in the book is think through how the characters would be dealing with the multiple traumas in their lives: Mac with the death of Clair, Stella with her assault by Frankie, Hawkes with being falsely arrested and accused of murder, Lindsay with being in the next room when her best friends were murdered, Flack with being blown up, and so on. :)
Oooh, some angst.:) It's great that you're dealing with all these things as on the show they either tend not to come up at all (Hawkes and Flack) or only be mentioned occasionally (Mac, Lindsay, Stella) I'm REALLY excited about the book now.:bolian:

You know KRAD, I thought I recognised your name when I read the first post. It wasn't until I was looking for something else on my bookshelf last night that I realised I'd read stuff by you before in another 'fandom'.

Demons of Air and Darkness and Horn and Ivory were great additions to the DS9 universe. Now I really cannot wait to get my paws on Four Walls.

Out of interest, I noticed on your LJ that you list Stargate as an interest. Ever thought of writing a tie-in there?

Demons of Air and Darkness and Horn and Ivory were great additions to the DS9 universe. Now I really cannot wait to get my paws on Four Walls.
Heh. Thanks so much!

Out of interest, I noticed on your LJ that you list Stargate as an interest. Ever thought of writing a tie-in there?
I'm a fan of both SG1 and Atlantis, and some vague ideas have percolated in my head, but I'm not pursuing them right now for a variety of reasons, one of which being that those ideas have remained vague. :)

Back