'Skin in the Game' Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, May 11, 2013.

1. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

Why in CSI not do end's like before they make them, like in the 1 season "The Strip Strangler" a cool killer, a cool history, I am delighted that they do not do the end like "Doctor Who?" and "Meat Jekyll", is good that both parts be separate.

That increases the intrigue, but at a price the case stay incomplete, there is no clue who is the murderer, and it is possible that the 2 part better.

2. Rena

Rena Rookie

Now that you mention the reporter, what was he doing in this episode anyway? I didn't get that. He was suddenly joining the CSI guys.

3. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Ditto. I wondered why he was there at all unless it was to set up part 2?

Think there will be some tension between Greg and Nick in the opener?

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Everything seems far too focused on Morgan right now, and I'm sure that any tension seen between Nick and Greg will be a result of furthering the "love triangle" between Morgan and Greg (x Hodges).

And I honestly can't say I'd be surprised.

5. byline

byline CSI Level One

Having watched the repeat of this episode last week, I find it not as bad as I thought. Faint praise, eh? OK, let's rephrase that: Hubby and I actually enjoyed the season finale, but my opinion was swayed by many of the comments I read here, and so I downgraded my overall opinion.

Even though neither one of us was crazy about the "CSI in danger" motif yet again, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The pacing of the plot was good, the screen time among the regulars was evenly shared, and the guest journalist didn't bug me as much as he did the first time around. And while I originally thought that Annabella Sciorra's talents were horribly wasted, watching it again last week I thought she was actually used pretty well.

So I'm back to thinking that it was a pretty good finale, as these things go. And, despite my loathing of the "CSI in danger" element, I am eager to find out what happens. We'll see!

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just now watched it for the first time. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That is, until the last 5 minutes or so.

Is there a point to the reporter dude being there? He's doing more than watching them. And at one point it seemed like DB was briefing Finn AND the reporter dude. Why the heck weren't they in the layout room with the whole team telling them what was going on?

I know this whole thing involves Morgan and therefore has to involve Ecklie, but having the sheriff around and involved all the time now...it's weird.

Oh well. It was good to see Nick, even if having him and Greg playing cops and surveillance and all was about as stupid as having Morgan go undercover. :rolleyes: No wonder George has had problems with the writers.

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I just watched the finale again. I agree it's not horrible, I don’t hate it.....but it's not as good either or as strong. I thought it had great potential; the case started out as dark and slightly creepy and I liked the continuity of the Brass/Ellie storyline. But it was still lacking something. There was a good balance between characters in terms of screen time, but the team felt slightly divided, when there could've been scenes where they all met in the layout room to discuss the case and any evidence they collected.when a case involves a victim that’s close to someone they at least know and work with, that’s the perfect opportunity for a more team oriented story IMO. I just feel like they sort of tossed that under the rug.

Speaking of evidence....maybe I missed something, again, but why was there lack of the usual forensics the entire episode (spraying luminol, dusting for prints etc.)?. The killer was leaving interesting signatures around, and they (or really Russell) did do research based on those, which was intriguing to watch, and there was the processing of one or two of the victims, but there’s nothing else I can really remember, that stands out. What they did give us was interesting...but still not very CSI-like for the most part. Sadly that’s becoming a little too frequent on this show.

And yeah, I also disliked how it ended. I guess I can sort of understand, why they would want Morgan heavily involved, both she and Ellie have fathers in law enforcement, who may have been good at their jobs but not the best of fathers etc., in a way, it would make sense to see them interact in general. But still, her going undercover and getting kidnapped didn't make a whole lot of sense and was so unrealistic, it was hard to swallow, and having only Nick and Greg (instead of ACTUAL cops or SWAT team) as her back up? Really?? It was just a poor move on the writers' part.

In the end, even the drama involving Brass and his ex-wife was completely sidelined (even though this was supposed to be Brass-centric as well, since it's his daughter that was taken captive).

There are a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions, and I don't know if they'll all get resolved or not. There is only so much you can cram into 40 minutes after all. What was the purpose of the journalist anyway? Especially since it wasn't his job to get that heavily involved in the case, even if he was a bit helpful at times. If the killer's identity is still a mystery, what was the purpose of that doctor at the end, or is he actually the killer? Or were the writers just merely adding a bunch of guest stars that add nothing to the plot (except for maybe Eric Roberts) just to bring in more ratings? And why did the CSIs keep running into dead ends in the first place to catch this guy? Are they going to explain that or give us a lot of plotholes?

I am in suspense about what’s going to happen to Ellie, I really don't want her to die, and again, I don’t want Morgan to be killed off either, despite some of the things I dislike about her character (well, right now it's really mostly a lot of her story lines that I can't stand and that she's hogged the limelight).
    I’m not too thrilled that only Ecklie and Morgan’s boyfriend-in-waiting (probably Hodges; and of course, if she lives, it will end up just pursuing the infamous triangle/square or whatever) will most likely be front and centre besides her, Russell, and possibly Brass. To be honest, I have severe mixed feelings about any future romance on CSI (at least within the lab) these days, and as of now, I would actually prefer more of a team effort instead to rescue Morgan and Ellie, like what they did in “Grave Danger” to rescue Nick (but since the current team dynamic has already fallen flat, I’m not counting on it to happen); or at least just have the father/daughter theme, particularly with Brass and Ellie, be prominent in the storyline

So, because of all that, I still have low expectations for the premiere.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  8. AleSir19

AleSir19 Hit and Run

I think that the level of the writter goes down every season, after the Grissom character goes out of the show, CSI every day goes worse that after, first was Langston that was not the best chooice and now with this Russell thing i think i am going mad.

I see again some episodes of the 13 season and is bad, the writters do the best they can and the felling of doing a good story is in the air, but the plot is bad. The writters do this soap opera things, that never was in the show, yes it was the think between Warrick and Catheryn, but this Morgan thing is out of control.

CSI is a show about wath the title say; the CSI, the COPS, not the stupid Morgan having all the guys for her if you are going to do this doing seriusly not like a virginal strange thing, now everithing guy in the lab want to fuck Morgan, Greg, Hodges, Henry all the guys and Nick.

This end was bad, the plot was good, but how they development this was very horrific, the serial killer idea was good, but i think if they do the same thing but with Brass or something other guy but will better.

This was my idea, Brass goes to the streets of las Vegas, because his daugther Ellie is meassing, then Russell and the team now that is a serial killer out, Brass goes deaper and goes after the killer.

That would be good, but the writters and the staff are in love with Morgan and it was more cool see Morgan naked and see Morgan like the sex figure of the serial killer.