Site Columns

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jan 23, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

<font size="3">Hello World!</font>

<font color=yellow>Sandra Lee's</font> Semi-Homemade Cooking show is on. Today she's playing with her niece again. "Miss Stephanie." This is so sad. So, so sad. Sandra is squealing like a 13 year old at a Backstreet Boys concert, because they're decorating cookies. Like, OMG!1 The best part is her niece seems totally unimpressed by her. God, that's so embarrassing. This woman's biological clock is beyond the aid of the snooze button, and her poor nieces and nephews are paying the price. I should hate her. I should be annoyed by her. But really, I just pity her. Has anyone noticed her kitchen drapes always match her outfits? Why, please God, why does she do this? The thought of her spending hours upon hours sewing drapes that match her shirts makes me wanna gently weep into a sofa cushion.

Also, I don't understand what's so great about her show. It's all semi-home made. Basically, get yourself a frozen cheese pizza, sprinkle a couple of pepperonis on it and shove it in the oven. There. I can have my own cooking show. I'm a genius. I know I should just stop watching her show but I can't. I just can't. The Food Network totally owns me.

I've been meaning to rant about <font color=yellow>Rachael Ray</font> for a while now, but I fear if I start I'll never stop, never, until my head eventually caves in and I perish. I just gotta say, I can't be the only person who finds her unbelievably annoying, who finds her recipes totally disgusting and fattening (she puts extra virgin olive oil - or evoo, yum-o! - on everything), and her personal hygene revolting. Every time the camera zooms in on her hands, you can see the gunk under her fingernails. That is totally disgusting. The first thing they teach you in cooking school - wash your hands in between projects. No, this rule does not apply to Rachael. Gross.

She was actually challenged to participate in Iron Chef America. She's up against <font color=yellow>Giada De Laurenttis</font>. All I gotta say is: go Giada! You all gotta watch this (February 26). I know Rachael is gonna set herself on fire. I just know it!

<font size="3">Talk CSI Files threads</font>

Below are some of the topics currently being discussed at Talk CSI:

- Fans in the CSI: New York forum are talking about the differences between Sheldon Hawkes the ME and Sheldon Hawkes the CSI. Let us know how you feel about the character's leap to the outside world here.

- In the Forensic Science forum, folks are naming their favorite forensic tool.

- In the General CSI Discussion forum, fans are naming their favorite long gone character.

More topics can be found at the Talk CSI!

<font size="3">CSI Files Two Years Ago</font>

Here's what was hot back in January of 2004:

<ul>[*]'CSI,' Petersen Compete For Golden Globes Tonight
    CSI and <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) were honored at the Golden Globes with the Best Drama and Best Actor nominations.

[*]'CSI' Shut Out At Golden Globes
    But sadly, both were snubbed. The best drama award went to 24, while Petersen lost in his category to Without A Trace's <font color=yellow>Anthony LaPaglia</font>.

[*]Dourdan: 'CSI' Popular With Black Audiences
    <font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font> (Warrick Brown) was surprised to hear CSI is the most watched show in African American households. "I thought that there was a lot of other shows that featured an all-black cast that that wouldn't be possible. But to have this drama that I'm the only ethnicity on this show be the number one show in black households, I feel like a pride that you can't even imagine,"

[/list]For more interesting stories from that week, check out our news archives.

<font size="3">Poll Results</font>

Below are the results of the most recent CSI Files poll:

<center> <TABLE Width=350 CelLSpacing=0 CellPadding=6 Border=0> <TR> <TD BGCOLOR="#000000"> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> <CENTER><TABLE Width=95% CellPadding=4> <TR><TD COLSPAN=2> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> <HR SIZE=1> How would you rate the 'CSI: New York' episode 'Wasted?' <HR SIZE=1> </center> </TD> </TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> 9-10</TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 38.4% - (100 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> Didn't want to see it. </TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 20% - (52 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> 7-8</TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 13.4% - (35 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> Wasn't able to see it. </TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 11.5% - (30 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> 5-6</TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 7.6% - (20 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> 1-2</TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 6.9% - (18 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD Width=50%> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> 3-4</TD><TD Width=50% VALIGN=TOP> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size=2> /poll/image.gif 1.9% - (5 Votes)</TD></TR> <TR><TD COLSPAN=2> <Font Face="Verdana,Arial" Size="2">
    <center> Total Votes: 260 </center> <HR SIZE=1> </td> </tr> </table> </TD></TR> </TABLE> </center>

,Thanks to everyone who voted. Let us know how you liked last week's episode of CSI.,

<center></center>

<font size="3">This Week On TV</font>

<ul>[*]Tonight at 10:00pm, CSI: Miami's "Silencer" will air on CBS again. Here's how the network described it:

<font color=yellow><blockquote> "When a female executive is shot at an afternoon concert, the evidence leads the CSIs to suspect that the dreaded Mala Noche gang has struck again. Now, as the team gathers evidence, they must try to find the connection between the upper class victim and Miami's most dangerous criminal gang. Meanwhile, Wolfe starts to catch on to Delko and Natalia's off-duty relationship."

</font></blockquote>

[*]On Wednesday night at 10pm, CBS will air the new CSI: New York episode "Risk." Here's a brief synopsis:

<font color=yellow><blockquote>"While riding the subway home, Danny sees a dead man on the tracks and stops the train before impact. Although the initial thought is that the college student died after subway surfing, Mac, Lindsay and Danny deduce foul play when they learn that he and a friend had been partying all over town leaving angry suspects behind. Meanwhile, when one of the most notorious commodities traders in the industry is found hanging outside his office window, Stella, Dr. Hawkes and Det. Flack are called to investigate. The apparent suicide is questioned when they learn the trader had one of the worst stock days in memory and a long list of clients with losses in the millions."

</font></blockquote>

[*]And on Thursday at 9:00pm, the CSI episode "Kiss-Kiss, Bye-Bye" will air again. This is what you can expect from it:

<font color=yellow><blockquote>"A case in forensics becomes a case in Vegas' history when a well-connected, sexy ex-showgirl with ties to the mob hosts a party that results in the murder of one of her guests. The suspects are virtually a who's who from yesteryear, but the case holds a personal connection for Catherine as her father, Sam Braun, emerges as one of the prime suspects."

</font></blockquote>[/list]

In addition to the above episodes on CBS, cable channel SpikeTV will of course continue its daily CSI repeats.

<center></center>

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

One word. Annoying.

3. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I find Sandra Lee kinda creepy what with all the matching and coordinating. Her kitchen and her outfits always match whatever food/topic/season she's cooking.

She's like some demented cross between Martha Stewart and a Stepford Wife. *eek!*

I must confess, however, that I tried her mushroom risotto in a slow-cooker (aka crockpot) and it was to die for.

Rachel Ray....*shudder*....can't stand her.

4. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I'm sure her recipes are fine. Mostly she just... adds things to things that are already cooked. So there's no way to screw that up.

Rachael Ray, on the other hand... ugh. Gross. I once tried one of her recipes and I swear my heart actually stopped beating for like 7 seconds. It's all fat, and fat, and gross, fat. And NONE of ther recipes take 30 minutes. Hi, more like an hour. Hack.

This is one of Rachael's "healthy" meals:

[​IMG]

It's a cheeseburger salad. A fucking. Cheeseburger. Salad. Eat this every day, guys, you'll looooose weight. Right.

Oh my God, that is so unhealthy, not to mention gross as hell. Ew. Gross.

I honestly can't fathom how this woman got on the air. I can't. I won't. She's a total hack. Look how gross that is! Why would you feed that to your family, unless you really, really hated them?

5. GoodLittle Wench

GoodLittle Wench Coroner

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that picture. It looks gross. And...ewwww.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You're kidding me, right? There is no way in hell that that is a cheeseburger salad. No f'ing way! :eek:

7. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Rachael Ray is an abomination against all things. I wonder at the start of an episode whether it will be an on meds or off meds day. Some genuis believes her 27 Food Network shows, 83 cookbooks, and one magazine are not enough Rachael Ray for the world so starting in September she will have her very own talk show.

I actually hope Giada catches a little heat from Rachael's Iron Chef fire. I'm interested in whether Giada's ever shrinking and growing breasts go up in flames. I suspect they will.

Ali

8. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Giada can be a bit annoying at times, but just at times. For the most part I really like her. I hate that she pronounces every Italian word as if she were in Italy, her way of saying, "did you know I'm Italian? I am! I totally am! I'm Italian!" but her recipes are delicious.

Her breasts! They cook, too! Her cleavage keeps growing and growing, and her smile is humongous, her head a bit too big for her body, but the woman is gorge.

Rachael vs Giada, no contest.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Something I heard about Rachel Ray vs. Martha Stewart vs. Sandra Lee Iron Chef? Could just be a rumor. :lol: :D