She lives in me. CSI:NY SMackish oneshot.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by EngleBarn, May 16, 2009.

1. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

This story came to my mind after seeing Grounds for deception, again. I hope you like it. I did my very best.
    It's in Stella's point of vievv, i tried my best not to be out of character.

There was an odd, nervous tension between us as we drove down the small, old road.

I had never experienced such an indescripable silence between us, there had always been a mutual understanding between us, but right now it seemed that none of us knew how to feel.

Mac had said, there was something he really wanted to show me. At the same time, he had had this really nervous and unexplainable look on his eyes, that I couldn’t place. I’d never seen it before.

We hadn’t been driving for long, but for some reason, it seemed like we hadn’t been speaking for an eternity. I didn’t know what to do with myself, so I just stared out the window.

Looked at the trees that rushed by as the sun was setting. The pink-purplish color of the sky amazed me, it had been a long time, since I had taken in the expression of the world around me, the colours of the sunset, the feeling of the light raindrops playing with my senses as they rolled slowly down my face.

I walked by his side down a path that lead us in between some trees, i could feel the scent of the leaves, the faint smell of nature that lingered around us, in the late spring rain.In blind trust, I followed his lead, I knew he’d never take me anywhere unsafe, I knew he would always protect me.

The creaking of the black iron gate was louder than a sound like that was supposed to be, or at least in my ears, but maybe it was just the nerves that got to me.

He lead me in between graves at a small, but very beautiful cemetary. Suddenly he turned to face me and spoke for the first time in at least 20 minutes.

“I’m not sure why I took you here, but this is something, I think you deserve to see.” He said quietly, as he nodded towards the grave before us.

I looked at the beautiful white marble stone, and read the words slowly. As if it would make the realisation less emotional.

Selia Bonasera 1949 – 1977
    Beloved mother and friend
    Ζει στη θυγατέρα – She lives in her daughter

It was so beautiful, So touching I didn’t know what to do, but to allow the tears to run down my cheeks, and blend with the rain.I held my hand in front of my mouth, as I fell to my knees in front of the gravestone.

I ran my fingers over the smooth surface, while emotions welled over me, sorrow, that I’d never gotten to know the woman, that had brought me to the world.

Anger, towards the man I thought was my guardian angel, that he’d never taken me here, that he’d never told me about my mother.

Belonging, as I knew that I hadn’t been unwanted, I had been loved, like any other child, I was cherished by my mother.

But among these feelings, the strongest was the gratitude that I had one person, that had taken me here, shown me this part of myself, that I had never known.

The same person, that was kneeled next to me, his arms wrapped around my shoulders, reassuring me, that I would never be alone.

I turned my head towards him, brushed my lips tenderly against the soft skin on his cheeks as I whispered a barely audible ‘thank you’ in his ear.

He gently helped me on my feet, his hands stil lingering on my shoulders as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

Allowing my tears to land on his shoulder, he held me close in a caring embrace, that I did not want to end.

As my feelings poured over his shoulders, in shape of crystal clear tears, I whispered thank you, over and over again, in a hope, that he’d understand how much his gesture had meant to me.

Now I’d found belonging, not only in the shape of finally knowing the full truth about my mother, but also, by realising that you do not need to share DNA, to be family.

Tell me vvhat you think, It just came to mind..

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish she could find her mother's grave

Aw really loved her epitaph "She lives in her daughter"

really touching.

Excellent job, Englebarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

3. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Glad you like it, of the excellent episode, I really vvish Melina had put a little more emotion into it vvhen Mac told Stella about her mom. It vvas like he said it's hard for me to tell you novv, *smile* And then she teared up a little bit, but he didn't at all seem like he meant it vvhen he said it vvas hard. I'm babbling, but i hope you knovv vvhat i mean.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Nice work :) I wish they'd tell us a bit more about her past.

Engle, something wrong with your W key? Just curious.

I am reminded of the Lion King 2/TLK Broadway song I like a lot. "He Lives in You" and it's companion version "They Live In You"

He lives in you
    He lives in me
    He watches over
    everything we see
    Into the water
    Into the truth
    In your reflection
    He lives in you

I thought of it with Mac during Yahrzeit (I may have misspelled that)

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  5. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Apparantly, a keyboard doesn't stand a fair chance vvhen you spill diet coke in it :rolleyes:

I love the song, haven't heard it, but the text fits perfectly, both for the fic and for Mac during yahrzeit, nice catch..

6. Catu

Catu Police Officer

Great job!!
    Sweet and touching!!:)

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Awww...Very, very good :) I really like her saying thank you over and over. I also like the end where she realizes you "don't have to share DNA to be a family."

8. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

That was really poignant and sweet. Thank you for sharing!

9. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

i love it , its so sweet and careful.

i hope you write more?