Shane Saunders Interviews David Rambo *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I go further, last time I posted my interview with a cast/staff member from a show it got moved. I'm not posting my site, I'm posting a news item. So it should not be moved to the "Websites" forum. :)

-----
I had the chance to interview David Rambo, who is a writer on the CSI show. He's done episodes such as "Butterflied" "Kiss-Kiss,Bye-Bye" "Post Mortem" and many others. He is a really great guy and really friendly!

Anyways, here is part of my interview:

MODERN DAY SHERLOCK: Back to CSI. How do the writers keep fresh storylines on the show without recycling same storylines from past episodes?

DAVID RAMBO: The way it usually goes is this: someone proposes a basic story. Someone else says, "Oh we kind of did that in [name of episode]." Then, someone says, "Okay, but what if.." Those are the magic words: what if. And just when we think we've done it all, we'll see a story in the news, or heard about a new forensic technique, and our minds start racing. Most of the kinkiest stories are the ones inspired by real life cases.

MODERN DAY SHERLOCK: Was there an episode so far that was most enjoyable to write? If so, what made it enjoyable

DAVID RAMBO:I loved writing "Who Shot Sherlock?" because I started by reading the entire Conan Doyle canon of Sherlock Holmes stories and novels. We worked very hard to create that distinct world of the obsessive detective fiction fan. It also had a kind of romance about it, and I really love the finished product. Also, I'd have to say that writing "Kiss-Kiss, Bye-Bye" was one of the happiest times I've ever had on the show. I loved mining the style and violence of Old Vegas, and allowing the audience to discover that through Greg Sanders' experience.

MODERN DAY SHERLOCK: And finally, can you give Modern Day Sherlock visitors an exclusive peek on what is in store ahead?
[/b]

To read the full interview, and see that spoiler, click
here

Merci! I adore David Rambo! KKBB is probably one of the best Greg episodes in recent memory. And, I adored Butterflied. Ah, the genius of David Rambo.

vegaslights said: I'm not posting my site, I'm posting a news item. So it should not be moved to the "Websites" forum. :)
Whether it gets moved or not is up to the mods of the forum, please keep this in mind in the future as this last statement about the move could be mis-understood as inapporperiately, which I am sure that wasn't what you intended. When or if we move a thread, there is a reason for that. -- If you have a problem with a thread being moved, or a question about it then either PM the mod/s of the forum or take it up in QSF.

Thank you.

Destiny said:
vegaslights said: I'm not posting my site, I'm posting a news item. So it should not be moved to the "Websites" forum. :)
Whether it gets moved or not is up to the mods of the forum, please keep this in mind in the future as this last statement about the move could be mis-understood as inapporperiately, which I am sure that wasn't what you intended. When or if we move a thread, there is a reason for that. -- If you have a problem with a thread being moved, or a question about it then either PM the mod/s of the forum or take it up in QSF.

Thank you.

Sorry that it might get misconstrewed. I was just making it more of a disclaimer. :p

Thanks jazzfan, Rissa and sarahvma. :) It's nice to hear things from people who read my interviews with the crew and cast. It makes me feel good inside. :p

And I hope for my next interview (I am hoping for Sarah Goldfinger!) to do it in a 'have the fans ask'. Meaning, having people submit questions and having them get to ask her! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back