Sela Ward Joins The 'New York' Cast

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 13, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Following the news of Melina Kanakaredes‘ (Stella Bonasera) departure from CSI: New York, it has been confirmed that Sela Ward will join the cast in her place. Ward will debut when the show premieres on Fridays this fall. The new character is “an experienced investigator from Washington, DC, whose work is driven by her empathy [...]

More...

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: Sela Ward Joins The ?New York? Cast

I really like Sela Ward and think if they don't try to make the character too much like Stella (or make her a love interest for Mac) this could be a good thing for the show. Good luck to her!

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Honestly, I was never a big MK fan, but Sela Ward is awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing what she brings to the show.

4. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I hope they would not bring up those troublesomeness, dramas, and violences to build her character like they did with Stella. That was the reason I started to dislike Stella. It was just too much. :vulcan:

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I wish good luck to her!!I'm now looking forward for the new episodes.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have to applaud tptb at CSI:NY for hiring someone who is a little easier to relate to for the majority of the female viewers... as opposed to replacing Stella with some "smokin' hot twenty-something". Kudos to NY!

7. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Indeed.... couldn't agree more.....actually I'm curious how Sela Ward will be introduced and what kind of storylines she will get...
    and (slightly off topic) I noticed by reading the last sentence I'm still feeling utterly annoyed with the new lab tech someone (as you (and others) already stated... they had one... :shifty:)