Season one or two

i luv body count season 1... such a good episode... especially the last part when they finally catch stewert otis... such a good episode man

I haven't watched either series for years so I can't really say properly. But I picked season 1 simply cos I remember it being my favourite between Vegas and Miami for a while in the first season. But season 2 was good too. No Megan. She really used to annoy me.

Season 2 without question for me. It really was quite brilliant TV! As has been said, the balance was perfect - just the right amount of character development combined with interesting cases.

Also, I think Season 2 has the most number of what are generally considered the CSI:Miami classics, like Blood Brothers, Hurricane Anthony, Big Brother, Wannabe, Witness To Murder, Innocent - I could go on and on. ;) No other season boasts so many great episodes, in my opinion that is.

Hands down Season 2. Season 1 definitely had some great episodes but in some spots it feel like one great big torrid mess, I'm glad they didn't decide to stick with Megan she felt like such an odd fit. Would have liked to see more of the one character Adele though. Season 2 what did it for me was the edge of your seat episodes that completely grab you and take you by surprise; the shark episode with the woman in the harbor yikes. That or the xover between Miami and NYC. Seen that episode about three times now and the opening bit with the poor girl's mother still gets me, holy shit.

Back