**Season Nine Spoiler Lab**

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Fancast:

Thank you for the Adam Rodriguez Q&A – but I’m confused about one thing: What happened to Eddie Cibrian’s character? – Greg
In the October 3 season opener, it will be revealed that Cibrian’s Jesse Cardoza has been (gulp) murdered. Says A-Rod, “He was killed by a guy we’ve been after for a little while.” Bright side: Eddie bounced back with a gig on NBC’s ‘Chase.’

Source.

So. I'm just going to throw it out there that the closing scene from the finale was pretty damn pointless.

Thanks for the info, Shane. :)

Since it appears that the whole poison thing isn't going to effect the team in a deadly manner (total waste!), I at least hope there will be some aftermath for some of the characters -- preferably Natalia and her already-damaged cohclear.

From Fancast:

Thank you for the Adam Rodriguez Q&A – but I’m confused about one thing: What happened to Eddie Cibrian’s character? – Greg
In the October 3 season opener, it will be revealed that Cibrian’s Jesse Cardoza has been (gulp) murdered. Says A-Rod, “He was killed by a guy we’ve been after for a little while.” Bright side: Eddie bounced back with a gig on NBC’s ‘Chase.’

Source.

So. I'm just going to throw it out there that the closing scene from the finale was pretty damn pointless.

Boy, you got that right. Pointless indeed! :rolleyes:

It's interesting how he used the word "murder" rather than referring to it simply as Jesse's "death".

Jesse always came across as very professional and capable to me. I'd hate to see another character destroyed in the interests of just getting the character off as quickly as possible and who cares how it looks (I'm forever haunted by the trumped up way they killed Speed.). The last thing I want to see is Jesse portrayed as some kind of "victim". I'd like to see them allow the character to go out with some diginity as in dying in the line of duty. But it sounds like he'll just be discovered murdered because these writers can't be bothered to take the time think of a compelling way to give this character the proper conclusion.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do. Hope springs eternal, but with this group of writers, hoping seems to be as pointless as the season 8 finale appears to have been. :(

I'd hate to see another character destroyed in the interests of just getting the character off as quickly as possible and who cares how it looks (I'm forever haunted by the trumped up way they killed Speed.).

I think everyone hates the way they killed off Speed. They couldn't have adjusted the scene a bit and had Speed push someone out of harms way and take the bullet himself? :sigh: Yeah, I definitely don't want to see a similar thing happen to Jesse.

The last thing I want to see is Jesse portrayed as some kind of "victim". I'd like to see them allow the character to go out with some diginity as in dying in the line of duty. But it sounds like he'll just be discovered murdered because these writers can't be bothered to take the time think of a compelling way to give this character the proper conclusion.

That is the way it sounds and it'll be a shame if they don't give him a decent exit.

Not too keen on this bomb thing if it happens in the first ep of the season. These writers just lack originality! I'm gonna miss Jesse, loved him on the show.

Since I am not at all a Jesse fan, it truly does not matter to me how he leaves. I just want him to be gone, the whole thing to be overwith, the writer's to get with it and give us some new material, great crime fighting stories and forensics, better balance of characters and spread the drama amongst all the other characters and let Eric and Calleigh have some peace, for once. They have both had more than their fair share of trauma. Let's get our CSI Miami team back on track!

Good for Eddie in getting a new gig. I wish him the best. I may not have felt he was the best fit for Miami (esp. at the beginning of the season), but I did enjoy how he fit in with Ryan and Walter and will miss that aspect of the show. It will be interesting to see how he is to exit the show. I see conflicting stories; we'll just have to wait and see. Or is it just speculation.

GNRF I do agree that he should have a dignified exit. TPTB put that much effort in writing his story; why not a good exit too? I would have preffered that tptb wrapped up his wife's murder case by the second episode and he had gone back to LA. Would it have been so hard for tptb to put together that kind of ending? But, I forget this is the Miami writers; not CSI or NY.

I would like the team atmosphere continue; with less emphasis on a certain stoyline.

OOPS forgot myself for a moment (again) this is better suited for the Eddie thread.:D

Since it appears that the whole poison thing isn't going to effect the team in a deadly manner (total waste!), I at least hope there will be some aftermath for some of the characters -- preferably Natalia and her already-damaged cohclear.

Did I miss something, but I think poisoning a lab would be considered murder. Especially considering Jesse won't be in the first episode, it is highly unlikely there will be another type of murder. I still believe he is going to die in the lab and they will rightfully consider it murder.

Did I miss something, but I think poisoning a lab would be considered murder. Especially considering Jesse won't be in the first episode, it is highly unlikely there will be another type of murder. I still believe he is going to die in the lab and they will rightfully consider it murder.

You could very well be right, Theresa. I hadn't thought about it that way to be honest.

I just found how Rodriguez stated it as strange. Rather than saying Jesse dies in the lab attack, he refers to it as murder. That whole interview had some interesting phrases.

Yeah, I consider the lab being poisoned as 'murder', the part that threw me off was this :
“He was killed by a guy we’ve been after for a little while.”
Immediatly I would suspect Enright looking at this phrase, although I guess it could just be Starling's partner and it was just worded that way to avoid giving too much away (personally I don't consider him being someone they've been looking for though).

I'm just not getting the impression that Jesse's death & the poison will go hand in hand - not to mention there is the blood on his face.
It was said that Jesse supposedly had taken a vaccination, so one theory might be that Jesse never completely passed out, the "guy" came in & killed him while the others were all out cold....confrontation, he stabs/shoots him, "guy" runs out one end of the building just as Eric is entering the lab as we saw in the finale. Maybe one of those situations that we didn't see & they'll show it in the premiere using the flashback method?

Overall, the basic Starling/poison plot has sorta already finished, the threat/murder?/his arrest was in the finale -- all that's left is to save the team (which I imagine will be done before H says his one-liner & Roger screams YEAHHH) & find the partner.....feels like there should be something else to me.

Random thought -- I wonder how the team will work the case with all the windows blown out and glass everywhere. Will H shut down the lab for the day & set up 'camp' somewhere else? Seems like a tough task with the lab itself being the crime scene.

Random thought -- I wonder how the team will work the case with all the windows blown out and glass everywhere. Will H shut down the lab for the day & set up 'camp' somewhere else? Seems like a tough task with the lab itself being the crime scene.

They could easily have Eric, H and Frank enter the building wearing hazmat suits. It was done back in Dead Woman Walking with Speed and Horatio right? But I'm forgetting that TPTB want these CSIs to look absolutely Ken and Barbie perfect and they will never again have them actually wear god forbid county uniforms to investigate a dirty scene! Sorry, I still have a big gripe over the fact that on Miami, the CSIs no longer wear "uniforms" to a scene!

Presumably, if the building isn't safe, wouldn't Delko be affected considering he entered the building also? I hope the writers have made him be a little affected at least to show a little realisim.

I'm assuming they'll have a mobile lab truck or trucks. I think some police depts have them

They could easily have Eric, H and Frank enter the building wearing hazmat suits. It was done back in Dead Woman Walking with Speed and Horatio right? But I'm forgetting that TPTB want these CSIs to look absolutely Ken and Barbie perfect and they will never again have them actually wear god forbid county uniforms to investigate a dirty scene! Sorry, I still have a big gripe over the fact that on Miami, the CSIs no longer wear "uniforms" to a scene!

Presumably, if the building isn't safe, wouldn't Delko be affected considering he entered the building also? I hope the writers have made him be a little affected at least to show a little realisim.

Delko sitting around in a contaminated site shouting help help was a major brain flatulence of the season finale. As to your other point I agree. It also bugs me that they don't wear bullet proof vests when they go into hostile situations. The death of Speed alone should have taught them that

Regrettably, at some point, Miami felt it was important that all the victims be beautiful, wealthy people. I've always wondered if some kind of market research told them that was the way to go. All the colors and flash and victims couldn't be regular people.

I miss when the victims were you and me type people. Normal people that you could identify with and feel for.

You're right, Adamsgirl. Even the CSIs have to be beautiful. Every hair in place (THAT has always drove me nuts that Calleigh and Natalia aren't made to tie their hair back at a crime scene), designer clothes and heels at messy crime scenes.

That wasn't how it was in the beginning.

I'd love to see them go back to the type of victims we saw in seasons 1 and 2. No more mafia, no more rich beautiful people. I'd like to see more diversity in ethnicity, too. There is a huge hispanic population in Miami. They could work harder to reflect the whole of Miami and not just a small part.

I have a bad feeling that the windows will be magically repaired by the halfway point in the show, if not sooner.

I suppose it's possible that whatever affected everyone else had faded by the time Delko arrived and he had a longer time to function without being affected. But yeah, for realisim's sake, Delko really should be made to show some effects of whatever it was that brought everyone else down.

Mjszud - I totally agree and think that it is Enright that will shoot and kill Jesse. I guess we will have to wait until we get the casting sides to see who the guest stars are for 9.01. That is the only one who has a problem with Jesse. Ron Saris would gun after H and if Stetler escaped, he would probably gun after Ryan or Eric, not Jesse. So, yeah, Enright is my guess.

I think that when the writers of Miami have no idea how to get a character off the show they just find it easier to kill them off.

On Adam's yahoo group they're talking about the 200th episode, which is which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back