Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorja does look vewy sexy in those photos..very seductive..the promos didn't do her much justice.

But her quote at the end was kind of sad because it sounds like she doesn't harbour much hope for the show after Billy is gone as if she has no faith in her former cast mates that they can carry the show on without him. She might not mean that, but the way the article played out gave that indication.

Jorja does look vewy sexy in those photos..very seductive..the promos didn't do her much justice.

But her quote at the end was kind of sad because it sounds like she doesn't harbour much hope for the show after Billy is gone as if she has no faith in her former cast mates that they can carry the show on without him. She might not mean that, but the way the article played out gave that indication.

Well she is probably one of those that thinks the show was all about Grissom, but again to me that is not he case. The show is about the crimes and the cases and how the TEAM works them out together.

The sentence that got me :eek: was: "''He's (=Grissom) solving crimes, he's trying to deal with losing Sara and Warrick."

So it's bye bye Grissom Sara? That would be a pity.

* can't wait for the season's premiere* :D

I'm just so glad that Greg finally gets promoted and hopefully for screentime! And yes, maybe the new girl can bring our "old" Greg back. I wouldn't want him back in the lab though, he was working too hard to get out of there and I think he's happier now.

I think she just meant that it would be a different show without him. I think we can all agree with that. I'm sure 'the king' will be missed by the rest of the cast as well.
I was surprised to read that they might have Sara leave again and break up Grissom and Sara. Didn't they do that last season? Why bring her back at all. Except to string us Sara fans along til the new girl comes. (I guess I just answered my own question. lol)
Not happy at all with the article, but loved the picture!
And yay, Go Greg!

Last edited:
I was surprised to read that they might have Sara leave again and break up Grissom and Sara. Didn't they do that last season? Why bring her back at all. Except to string us Sara fans along til the new girl comes. (I guess I just answered my own question. lol)
Not happy at all with the article, but loved the picture!
And yay, Go Greg!

I think it's just to conclude that storyline for good...answer all the questions that have been floating around about whether or not they are still together, getting married, etc. They want to have a definite end to it, which is okay I guess, but I also think it would be good to leave it up to the fans' interpretation.

TV Guide:

Do you have any spoilers that concern CSI's Greg Sanders (played by Eric Szmanda)? Seems like he is always overlooked. — Dee

Matt: Consider Greg overlooked no more, Dee. Dude's getting an overdue promotion!

TV Guide:

Do you have any spoilers that concern CSI's Greg Sanders (played by Eric Szmanda)? Seems like he is always overlooked. — Dee

Matt: Consider Greg overlooked no more, Dee. Dude's getting an overdue promotion!

This was posted already on the previous page but thanks for the reminder. Also I want to add that this question was submitted by me and I had no idea he answered until I saw it posted here! thanks Shytownmofo!

About the EW article, that line about Grissom losing Sara and Warrick got me intrigued. I wonder what that means concerning his relationship with Sara and i also want to know how his is leaving. It also seemed that after WP is gone JF will not be back, like she doesn't think CSI will last without WP.

Last edited:
So, I read the EW article and am really thrilled now. How will Grissom exit the show? I just hope it won't turn into a soapy moment, like Sara's pregnant or already has his child or something like that ... :wtf:

And again, just because it's such great news: GO GREG!! :thumbsup:

So, I read the EW article and am really thrilled now. How will Grissom exit the show? I just hope it won't turn into a soapy moment, like Sara's pregnant or already has his child or something like that ... :wtf:

And again, just because it's such great news: GO GREG!! :thumbsup:

I was thinking sort of the same thing about Grissom/Sara. Some people have thought she might be pregnant and with the whole Grissom having to deal with losing her and Warrick thing, I was just thinking, God I hope it doesn't turn out that she dies in childbirth or some stupid soap opera-ish cliche like that. But, it'd be dumb to kill her off right after killing Warrick off, so I doubt they'd go there. Now I'm really starting to wonder about the whole Lady Heather thing.

And yeah, I'm still chanting "Yay, Greg!". :lol:

I am as well, excited that Greg will be promoted, and I love the whole cast interacting with one another, in saying that, right now the first ep. about our beloved Warrick, and on Gil/Sara, they are engaged and maybe married, or will be eventually..they've been together for along time, so wouldn't the next step be marriage? but not to overpower the show, I wouldn't even want that:confused: even though I am a proud GSR fan! so when he leaves, I would imagine she goes with him but, he's still ex. producer of the show, and if he didn't still want a hand in it, he would have stepped down from that position, my take is when he feels the need to come back for an occasional, "guest spot" then she would probably be with him! I'm anxious to see the new changes for better or worse, and Grissom did state to Nick & Warrick in "Mea Culpa" it's in change that we find purpose

TV Guide:

This was posted already on the previous page but thanks for the reminder. Also I want to add that this question was submitted by me and I had no idea he answered until I saw it posted here! thanks Shytownmofo!

About the EW article, that line about Grissom losing Sara and Warrick got me intrigued. I wonder what that means concerning his relationship with Sara and i also want to know how his is leaving. It also seemed that after WP is gone JF will not be back, like she doesn't think CSI will last without WP.

I'm starting to think there are two schools of thought on CSI.

Billy seems to be touting that the show is in need of fresh blood-which he is right about that. Whereas Jorja appears (in the article) to be convinced the show will die with Billy departure.

I have to credit to Billy for being the more positive thinker on this subject. It also shows that he has faith in his fellow cast members that they can carry on without him. Good for Billy.

Jorja, on the other hand, is being very negative about this. Probably because she is kissing future guest spots goodbye (and a future pay cheque for that matter). Her character became so heavily entwined with Billy's that now the character ceases to exist without Grissom. Jorja had a good gig going there because her character became forefront with her relationship to the main character.

I certainly understand Jorja's feelings because probably she is gaging the audience reaction to Grissom's departure and basing her opinions solely on the upset whereas Billy seems to be more reflective about it and willing to give up his throne so that others may try and run the show without him.

Hopefully future tv show creators will study this and create tv shows without focussing so much on one character. Carol Mendohlson seems to feel CSI will go on like Law and Order did-but Law and Order was careful on how they promoted their show on being case-focussed show where CSI was more character driven based on Grissom-so once the main vein was severed they were left floundering.

Will the audience be accepting of a show without Grissom? Well some of the articles I've read have flat out said no, whereas some of said yes and some have said, 'Well as long as so and so i.e. George Eads is still there, I'll watch the show and so forth."

It will be very interesting to see what happens after Billy leaves. I will miss him. After reading that article, I gained a lot of respect for him and his faith in the show's survival. He definitly seems to know what he wants and what he doesn't want.

I also liked how he said (it was him was it?) that they can't give the GSR fans all that they want because it would feel hollow for them. True enough. In the end it is the writers who decide what is best for the characters and we don't always agree with them, but such as life.

These are just my opinions. Don't shoot me!

back on topic..

myfuturecsi said:
I'm starting to think there are two schools of thought on CSI.

Billy seems to be touting that the show is in need of fresh blood-which he is right about that. Whereas Jorja appears (in the article) to be convinced the show will die with Billy departure.

Unfortunately, I'm worried Jorja's take may be more correct. It didn't have to be that way. The show started as much more of an ensemble than it has been for the last several years. Of the three CSI iterations, I think only CSI NY has stayed close to the ensemble concept. Allowing one star most of the face time, even though there are other excellent regulars, is the best way to guarantee difficulty in maintaining fan interest. I can only hope LF is so dynamic that WP's departure will be smooth.

Beat me if I am out of line but if these characters really loved the show then why would they all quit at once...what's one more year for WP or for that matter Gary....I personally find it very selfish of these three main characters...they all did'nt have to choose now to quit....one a year is fine but we have been given a lot of drama in a short period of time....I commend Marq.George and Eric and even the Brass man for staying...

I do get the feeling that they really don't care...the show was a show...I want to quit...regardless of what it might do to the show or t he other characters, a lot of people's jobs really count on these actors...a lot of people count on these guys to bring them a pay check...Great if you want to leave but why all at once....I get the feeling their thoughts are like this....It is all about me right now....they all chose to quit and they all chose to do it now....so do we allow them to effect the show for us...I will not...I love the other characters and I hope they stay until they turn off the lights!!!

Beat me if I am out of line but if these characters really loved the show then why would they all quit at once...what's one more year for WP or for that matter Gary....I personally find it very selfish of these three main characters...they all did'nt have to choose now to quit....one a year is fine but we have been given a lot of drama in a short period of time....I commend Marq.George and Eric and even the Brass man for staying...

I do get the feeling that they really don't care...the show was a show...I want to quit...regardless of what it might do to the show or t he other characters, a lot of people's jobs really count on these actors...a lot of people count on these guys to bring them a pay check...Great if you want to leave but why all at once....I get the feeling their thoughts are like this....It is all about me right now....they all chose to quit and they all chose to do it now....so do we allow them to effect the show for us...I will not...I love the other characters and I hope they stay until they turn off the lights!!!

I don't think it was that way for Gary because I think he had some big, BIG issues to deal with.

Jorja turned 40 last and that' s a milestone of an age to turn and you do start to question your life and what you want to do with it. I'm just going by that because I'm headed there myself.

Billy, on the other hand, warned everyone for years he wasn't staying on forever and he warned the writers, the producers and anyone who was listening that he did not want to be Gil Grissom for the rest of his life. Even if he was producer, he didn't have full control over the show as much as he could have.

He seems to have a lot of faith in the remaining actors and new actors to move on.

But audiences are fickle and easily lose interest, especialy if they know a show is going through turmoil, they not want to watch it as much.

However, maybe a whole of new fans of Lawrence Fishbourne may come on board. That would be cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back