Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

They are picking it up because the stars have signed on for another season [except for Jorja]

2. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

I think they should do one more season with the whole cast and then end it( *tear*) because the minute one cast member leaves, the ratings go down, then others leave and those characters start getting replaced and its just not the same show anymore.

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'd like to know what's taking so long for her to sign, unless they're just holding off saying she has to heighten the suspense for whatever they're planning at the end of the season.

4. CSISidle

CSISidle Rookie

ACk, I was thinking about what it would be like with out Jorja and Billy! The show's ratings would probably plummet! it wouldn' be the same, I think I would watch a few episodes just to see what it would be like, then stop. They can't take them away!

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^I think I read in Ausiello that Jorja is expected to sign on for next season.

6. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I just think they are trying to hold us all in suspense about her character. I hope Jorja signs though, it wouldn't be the same show without her (Just as it wouldn't be without any character).

The show itself could go on for many, many seasons more with high ratings if they keep it the way it is. Drama, crimes, death, shootings, with a mix of GSR (or any other relationship for that matter). Although gross - it's fun to watch. I really don't see the show ending anytime soon. I'd say it could go strongly into a 10th or even higher season. Would anyone care to disagree with that?

7. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I just don't want to see the show fade away, I'd rather see them go away on top after a successful season. I doubt they will make it to 10 seasons, let alone 9, but I could always be wrong. This season would be a good time to walk away, since has been very very good, I'm just not ready for them to stop yet.

8. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I worry about that too, mrb105. If the MCSK gets a kick-ass season ender... where do they go next year? IMO, this is absolutely the best year CSI has ever had, and I wonder if any subsequent season is going to be a letdown.

9. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

It would be weird if they started pulling a "Law & Order" and changing out characters little by little until there is a new cast. I would stop watching if that happened...especially if George Eads left!

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

A lot of people say that if Grissom left, the show would be over. I love Grissom as much as the next person, but IMO the show would still be worth watching. I think Catherine is so great in a leadership role. In Season 5 you saw how powerful she could be, and how good of a leader she was. And this season the show really didn't lose that much with Gris gone, so if he did leave, I would be upset, but I certainly wouldn't stop watching. It would just become another chapter in the great CSI book.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

REMINDER!! from the first post.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'll admit, if George Eads left, it wouldn't feel the same watching it, but I would probably still watch it anyways.

13. letsdance

letsdance Lab Technician

I think if anyone left it wouldn't be the same. I mean, if characters came and left earlier in the show, it'd be fine, but everyone has been together for so long. The show would not be the same about anyone.

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

^I agree, Evie. Does anyone know whether or not Jorja has signed for season 8? Or... is there a reason why she hasn't?

15. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

She's in "talks" according to Ausiello...I HOPE she signs though. I LURVE Jorja. The show wouldn't be tha same without her. Not sure If I'll watch religiously...