Season 8: Returning Stars & Show *NO SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, Dec 13, 2006.

1. 4EverSofia

4EverSofia Victim

This pole has 3 questions: take in concideration when answering 3, that Sofia Curtis is no longer a threat to GSR, and is there strictly to shed more light on the role of the police in the whole CSI process.

2. Babs

Babs Pathologist

I dont really mind Jorja or Marg. I rather have Jorja to stay and let sofia curtis leave. That woman is really working me on my nervs.

3. Signy

Signy Prime Suspect

I like Marg more then Jorja. But thats MY opinion. And Sofia SHOULD return. She's great.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Sofia should return. She's an awesome character and I love having her around.

And go Marg :D

5. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

First two questions I chose Marg Helgenberger solely because she is the female lead- and if she left there'd likely be a bigger impact. I love Jorja/ Sara, but I know many, many people who just love Marg/ Catherine.

The last one, I said "I don't mind".. I really don't. Whether she's a thread to GSR or not. She's a good actress, and I'd hate to see her go. Of course, that's not saying I would want anyone to come in between my first loved ship, because I'd be heartbroken if it did. :)

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I vote for Marg, because she is the lead of the show.
    I vote for Marg, if she leave, the rating will do down. I'm sure the rating will go down if Jorja leave. They are both popular, so it Billy and George and Eric.

I don't have opinion whether she leave or not. I'm not a fan of Sofia, I whether have Brass, Vartaan and Vega back.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I voted Marg too on both. And for Sofia, I like her enough to be kept on, but would not notice if she was gone. :lol:

8. Seashore

Seashore Victim

I'm sitting on the fence post when it comes to GSR. I don't mind it and I don't love it, either. What does bug me is that the writers have devoted so much time to it, in that Sara and Grissom work together so much more frequently now than in the past. The result has been that the relationships that the other characters have built with Sara and Griss have lost considerable screen time and further development, essentially making them non-existent. I used to love watching Nick, Greg, and Warrick interact with Sara. The dynamics were so different and engaging with each pairing that it made watching the show more enjoyable. I also miss the amount of screen time that Griss had with Cath and the rest of team, especially Brass. So, I would love for Sara to survive, but only if the next season devotes more time to different case partnerships and better character development for the whole team.

9. Maryse

Maryse Lab Technician

i think they need to have more screen time for the non GSR characters....i hope we get to find out how warrick's mariage is doing in season 8. it seems that many characters didnt get much screen time because of the grissom-sarah thing...let's hope they correct that for next year.

10. Seashore

Seashore Victim

I totally agree - plot developments that were supposed to happen this year were pushed to the back burner in favor of the GSR plotline. Even if the show's execs have decided to take the show in another direction and have possibly changed their minds about certain aspects of the characters' stories, it would still be nice to focus on what is happening in their lives as well. I know this isn't a soap opera, but Catherine's dirty laundry has certainly gotten enough air over the past 7 season! It's time to see the private side of the others.

11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

*evil little giggle*...I would love to know if Hodges has any dirty little secrets.

I'd like to see a little more of Nick's personal life...bring Warrick's character back to the forefront more. Of course the same for Greg, but I don't mind takin a break from Catherine and her personal business. I know that she is one of the main characters, but we did see a lot over the past seasons on her, it's time to focus on someone else.

12. Michelle

Michelle Rookie

I love Catherine. I think she is a no nonsense type of person that stands up for what she believes in. No matter what others think.

GSR is definitely not all that bad, but it does get a little old after awhile. It was much better being left to the imagination.

Michelle

13. sarahSidle1981

sarahSidle1981 Lab Technician

Re: Season 8: Returning Stars & Show

If Jorja Leave the show rate would drop, She does to play one of the main characters on the show. I hope that everyone come back next season, I feel if one of them would leave the show the rate would drop cause the show to be take off the air.

14. coolcatz

coolcatz Head of the Swing Shift

ok, i found the poll ridiculous. why? because marg is the female lead. end of debate. you can say all you want that jorja is a lead but she is not.

as for ratings, cathcentric episodes have a history of pulling in viewers, even in reruns. the numbers tell the story. loose marg, loose more viewers.

and the wording of the sofia question makes it absurd. she's a part of the team now.

15. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

I can't imagine Grissom without Sara. Despite the fact that he has been a complete ass to her all season. I love him, but he can be such a poop head. Yeah, sure, he could turn to Catherine, but she is too confident and out going for him to ever ship. She would chew him up and spit him out and leave him shivering in the fetal position. Do you think she would ever put up with the crap Sara endures from him? Hell no! She would kick his ass!

What were we talking about? :)