Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck, Fringe, The Good Wife, Community Among Early 2010-11 Season Bubble ShowsBy Robert Seidman – October 17, 2010

It’s early in the season, but it’s not too early to figure some things out. For example, out of the 65 shows tracked by the Renew/Cancel Index (that only focuses on scripted shows) seven shows are certain to be canceled (or already canceled) and four are likely to be canceled. The fate of 17% of the shows is already pretty clear.*
Show Network Status
The Whole Truth ABC Certain to be Canceled
My Generation ABC Already Canceled
Detroit 1-8-7 ABC Likely to be Canceled
Medium CBS Likely to be Canceled
Life Unexpected CW Certain to be Canceled
Outlaw NBC Already Canceled
Undercovers NBC Likely to be Canceled
Chase NBC Likely to be Canceled
The Good Guys FOX Certain to be Canceled
Lone Star FOX Already Canceled
Running Wilde FOX Certain to be Canceled
-
*I know there are some semantics zealots out there who will cry “Outlaw technically hasn’t been canceled yet!” That’s true, but for these purposes ‘canceled doesn’t mean canceled so much as it means “isn’t going to be renewed.” I think everyone can agree Outlaw isn’t going to be renewed. And yes, I know there are fans who will insist Life Unexpected won’t (or shouldn’t) be canceled, but barring a remarkable ratings turnaround, it will be.

Relatively speaking, especially as the season progresses, forecasting the shows certain or likely to be canceled or certain or likely to be renewed is easy. It’s the shows in the middle of the ratings spectrum rather than the extremes that are much harder to predict.
Right now by my math (which is slightly different than the current Renew/Cancel Indexes*) the fates of 80% of the scripted shows are currently pretty clear with 17% certain to be, likely to be or already canceled and 63% certain to be, likely to be, or already renewed.

*The most recent R/C Index has a few shows pegged as likely to be renewed, but based on additional data (R/C is only through last Sunday) and current trends, I’ve added four shows: The Event, Law & Order: LA, Parenthood and No Ordinary Family. If the current trends hold, it’s merely a matter of time before the designation for those shows changes in the R/C Index.

Early Bubble Show Contenders:
Show Net
Better With You ABC
No Ordinary Family ABC
CSI: NY CBS
Blue Bloods CBS
The Good Wife CBS
The Defenders CBS
Fringe FOX
Lie to Me FOX
Community NBC
Chuck NBC
The Event NBC
Law & Order: LA NBC
Parenthood NBC
-
For me, the fun is in the other 20% listed above — the bubble shows. Over the course of the season more shows will slip into the bubble category and some of the current bubble shows will rise or fall and move out of bubble status, but I’d guess a few of them, including the perennially bubbleishus Chuck, to be bubble shows wire-to-wire

source: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/1...among-early-2010-11-season-bubble-shows/68357

Ok, let's not panic yet. i like NY and surely don't want any CSI to be cancelled...I hope it will not be it's last season.

I see the guy's point, at the same time... a lot of "Likely to be Cancelled"/Bubble shows just got script orders or full season picks ups (like Chuck and Chase). I think CSI: NY, Blue Bloods and The Good Wife are probably the least likely to get cancelled on that list.

Regarding the spoilers for ep 12 (was it ep 12... whatever the most recent ones are...), it seems like they're going to the Danny/Flack takedown well *a lot* this season. Not that I'm complaining, exactly, but I wish they'd shake it up a little. Maybe have one of them get seriously hurt (not seriously, seriously, but kind of seriously) and get a little gun shy or something? I know they're going to get a little roughed up at some point, but it sounds like they're fine. Or have Danny and Flack get creative about catching a runner. Something to shake up the formula a bit!

Regarding the spoilers for ep 12 (was it ep 12... whatever the most recent ones are...), it seems like they're going to the Danny/Flack takedown well *a lot* this season. Not that I'm complaining, exactly, but I wish they'd shake it up a little. Maybe have one of them get seriously hurt (not seriously, seriously, but kind of seriously) and get a little gun shy or something? I know they're going to get a little roughed up at some point, but it sounds like they're fine. Or have Danny and Flack get creative about catching a runner. Something to shake up the formula a bit!

Me toooooooooo i want that lol

Tweet from Gary:

Hey folks! Send in the clowns!

180273291.jpg

Clowns! Ahhh!! :eek: :eek: Even Gary looks scared.

Me and the clowns. Episode 11. What a riot to have 50 clowns running around on the CSI NY set.

‘CSI: NY’ Standoff: Gregory Harrison Vs. Mac Taylor!
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Oct 22nd, 2010 | 10:33 AM | Comments 1
This Friday on ‘CSI: NY‘ (9/8c, on CBS), a violently bungled burglary leads Mac and his team to cross paths with Roland Carson, a super-slick criminal defense attorney played by guest star Gregory Harrison (’Trapper John, M.D.’). Just how badly will the legal eagle ruffle Mac’s feathers? Harrison shared a look at the heated head-butting to come.

From everything I have heard, the term “high-priced lawyer” doesn’t begin to do your ‘CSI: NY’ character justice.
Well, to an extent it does. He is a defense attorney who has been so successful that he’s the go-to man, the big-shot lawyer for big-budget criminals. And he’s been successful often enough that the CSI team is not particularly thrilled to help him when he’s been burglarized.

Carson’s the victim of no petty robbery, either.
No, he’s been burglarized in a way that is particularly worrisome to him because he was holding some high-value, black market possessions for the [sordid] kind of people he represents. If the CSI team doesn’t find [what was stolen], he’s very worried about his ability to survive, so he needs them – and yet he’s not particularly forthcoming. There’s only a limited amount of information he can give about what was in the safe, who it belonged to, where it originated from…. Plus, one of his clients – a renowned crook – is killed during this robbery, so there’s a murder investigation going on as well.

What’s the mood like when the CSIs first arrive upon the crime scene? Is there professional tension?
I work primarily with Gary Sinise (Mac), and we have a standoff. Most of our scenes are big standoffs. We each throw blows, and there is no winner. They were fun scenes to play.

Did ‘CSI: NY’ put you in some very nice suits?
Oh yeah. The show is successful enough that they have a nice wardrobe budget. If you’re going to play the most successful lawyer in New York, you gotta be dressed right.

Gregory Harrison opposite Gary Sinise on 'CSI: NY' (CBS)

What else have you been up to? Still popping up on ‘One Tree Hill’?
I’m still doing episodes of ‘One Tree Hill,’ yeah, where I play the father of Austin Nichols’ character. And I just finished a play down in La Jolla.

What do you get recognized most for these days?
It’s interesting, because I get recognized by different generations for different reasons. The older generation still recognizes me from ‘Trapper John,’ but anybody under 30 recognizes me from the ‘Au Pair’ [TV-]movies and all the bad guys and “dates from hell” I’ve played in movies that always seem to air on Lifetime. [Laughs]

What other current series would you like to guest-star on?
I love ‘The Good Wife‘ – it’s really nicely done – and I love the ‘CSI’s…. I also love comedy. In fact, I’m doing a concert tour with Linda Purl, who has been doing guest shots on ‘The Office’ [as Pam's mother], so she has made me want to jump back into a show like that again. I’ve done a lot of comedy pilots over the years, but none have made it onto the air, so I keep getting a taste, but not enough!

source: fancast http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/c...vs.-mac-taylor/comment-page-1/#comment-582312

Video 7.06 Do not Pass Go - - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OmJMWpn4jM&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back