-reed and mac become closer
-more of mac in the lab/mac being hilarious
-flack centered episode.....
- I wanna see Donald Flack Sr. too!

i want
fix the whole D/L problem i love them together
Flack and Angel hock up
Payton come back i liked her
If Flack and Angell hook up or start pawning their badges together, I quit. There won't be enough booze in the world...

Can we sell you on Flack and Danny? ;) I kid, I kid.

I think that NY really has gotten too soapy with the romances at the moment. I'd love to see them end the Danny/Lindsay debacle for good, especially with both Mac and Stella getting new love interests for the umpteenth time this season.

Hawkes is the only one I'd like to see a love interest for, only because that side of Hawkes hasn't been explored at all. The others need a rest.

I think Flack and Angell have oodles of chemistry, but I think the banter is perfect for now. I don't think we need to see them get together...yet. Maybe at some point down the road.

Danny is the guy who keeps getting into bad relationships and repeating unhealthy patterns over and over and needs to be single for a while.

I think Flack and Angell have oodles of chemistry, but I think the banter is perfect for now.
Exactly - it ain't broke, so they don't need to try to 'fix' it by having them hook up. Their few scenes of flirtation have worked really well. :)

Hawkes is the only one I'd like to see a love interest for, only because that side of Hawkes hasn't been explored at all.
Especially if they explore it in a non-drama-filled way. Just have the man in a functional relationship and show us a few little moments - that's all I ask for. :p I'd hate to see more over-the-top type of stuff (i.e. Sheldon Dates A Murderer Suspect!, Sheldon Dates A Murder Victim!). Drama doesn't always have to mean drama llama. :p

Plus, of course, as I mentioned elsewhere (the 'Dear Writers' thread, I think?), it would be a good opportunity to show Sheldon with kid(s) again, which is always adorable. ;)

Faylinn said:
I think Flack and Angell have oodles of chemistry, but I think the banter is perfect for now.
Exactly - it ain't broke, so they don't need to try to 'fix' it by having them hook up. Their few scenes of flirtation have worked really well. :)

Yep. And we've seen what happened when TPTB forces the flirtation into romance territory and it all goes bad. When it goes bad, it goes bad. :wtf:

Heh, my wishes for season 5?

- Give poor Flack a chance to get some love back from Danny, ya know? 8) He's done so much for Danny. It really is about time Flack got some reciprocation!
- Give Hawkes more screen time, damnit! And it doesn't necessarily have to be about a love interest ... in fact, I'd prefer it not to be just in case said love interest becomes the focus instead. :rolleyes:
- I'd love to see Adam in the field more often. He's a great and interesting character and I'm sure he has what it takes to be a CSI. :)
- Can Flack play Danny's bubblebutt like a set of bongos? Please? :evil:
- And about the DL thing ... TPTB, please end the juvenile mess that has caused Danny to be an unfortunate prop to a two-dimensional character all these years. The guy's had enough.

I'd like to see more Flack and Angell scenes like the one on Commuted Sentences. They have a lot of chemistry and I like to see it explored. IT does have to be a full blown relationship b/c those don't always work out on this show, but some more scenes would be nice.
I agree on the more Adam in the field.

I wish for less of SuperMac. He really is becoming more than human now - and it's...sickening, cuz i remember what he once was; *hugs season 1*.
No more wanky sci-fi gadgets/effects to turn on teenage boys. Is this your wanted demographic? Pish - let 'em watch Dr friggin' Who..:vulcan:
Finally, less of Danny's ladeez, who are hijacking storylines for him that could involve y'know crime? intrigue? suspense? He is worth soooo much more than the material he is given.:(

My wish list

I would like a really good juicy Flack storyline..not romance..but a good dramatic episode...or story arc...hey a girl can hope..:) If it had some good Mac Flack moments like in Consequences that would be great. (What can I say they are my 2 favorite NY men.)

More Adam..

Decent scripts...no stunt casting, no gadgets, no dumb bond type storylines with dodgy science and plot holes you could sail the Titanic through.:(

Sideline the D/L and give the characters some stories of their own.

Hawkes remember him cause I think the writers have forgotten him...

Ditch the Jordan chick..

More Sid

More Mac Reed interaction..I really enjoyed the Taxi storyline.

Flack Angel flirting is fine and fun but start another romance and I will send you a box of soap suds and a daytime schedule to shove the program into.

More Mac Stella friendship moments...

More Sinclair...

Some real New York crime, decent bad guys decent crimes....less of the plastic vogue like casting, how about some ethnic diversity to reflect NY's diversity...

As for the supposed romance for Mac and for Stella....I am not a fan of the idea. But for gods sake give the man a girlfriend with some attitude, backbone, someone to give him a run for his money. And give Stella someone that treats her right....and if you have to do romance, keep it low key and in the background PLEASE!.

Last edited:
Fruitbat, I find myself nodding at most of your previous post. Great Minds Think Alike, and all that jazz... ;) :lol:

Yes!! to a juicy Flack storyline, and if he interacts with Mac during it, all the better. Mac/Flack are my 2 Top Fave NY Men too, after all! :) Flack is such a compelling character with incredible potential, and sorely underused, IMO.

More Hawkes! See entire above comment, and you can pretty much insert Hawkes' name into most of it. The man deserves more, more, more!

Mac/Reed and Mac/Stella Friendship Moments. Stella is Mac's Best Bud, and I hope it continues that way. Mac and Reed - not so much "Best Buds" yet, but they have potential to develop a truly special friendship, and I'm looking forward to seeing it happen.

Diversity!! Puh-leeze, no more Cookie Cutter "Bee-yoo-ti-ful Pee-puhl", or I'll gag! :wtf: I understand the Rich & Beautiful Folks get involved in crimes too, but enough is enough. I want to see the team knocking themselves out to find the killer of a homeless person, once in awhile. Or the guy busting his ass to make ends meet working at a local McDonald's, and gets murdered in the deep fryer. Or Whatever. Forget the folks on the "Forbes" list, for awhile.

Diversity!! Puh-leeze, no more Cookie Cutter "Bee-yoo-ti-ful Pee-puhl", or I'll gag! :wtf: I understand the Rich & Beautiful Folks get involved in crimes too, but enough is enough. I want to see the team knocking themselves out to find the killer of a homeless person, once in awhile. Or the guy busting his ass to make ends meet working at a local McDonald's, and gets murdered in the deep fryer. Or Whatever. Forget the folks on the "Forbes" list, for awhile.

Murdered in the deep frier, hehe. Flack would be sure to have some great one-liners about that, though the poor man would be stricken to have another place that has to do with food being a murder scene. He does love his grub, especially the fast variety! Back in s1 and s2, the team did go all out to solve the murders of regular people, or people who live on the edges of society, like with that mentally disabled guy who dressed up as Superman. In 'Hush' Mac went out of his way to help the dock worker guy who lost his job for helping the team, and had a nice bond with the guy's brother, who was homeless or living in a shelter, if I remember right. In the episdoe with urban golf, Flack was compassionate with the alcoholic man. Danny went against Mac's orders to find out what happened to the homeless guy who wasn't murdered but whose body was used as a statue. Stella reached out to the foster kid and worked hard to prove his innocence in Till Death Do We Part. Cases like the one in Mrs Azrael or Sweet 16 (with the two girls in AHTYMA and the pigeon guy in S16) are good examples of how ORDINARY people can be victims of crime too, and how the team goes all out for them. s1 and s2 had lots of cases like that, before NY got into stunt casting and became obsessed with RWPs (rich white people) getting murdered.
So the team does work hard to solve the cases of the 'little' people as well. So it would be wonderful to see them doing it again.

My Season 5 wishlist:

~ Logic
~ Forethought

I'm crossing my fingers that both of those were taken into consideration when writing season 5. :)

MacsLady, you named some excellent episodes that featured "regular people". Another one is the one in S1 "A Man A Mile" involving the Sandhogs construction team. They managed to feature an organization/people uniquely New York, and still had a fun twist to it (that's when a crapsicle killed the guy, wasn't it?) Please, more cases like that. Remind us that we're (supposed to be) in New York! :wtf:

Oh yeah, Man a Mile is a good one, I love the Sand Hogs, very New York. It was like with Hush, with the 'Irish' (ahem, some of the accents were a bit dodgy, but it's the thought that counts) dockworkers. I hope we get more stories about people like that. Also, I want to see some eps where the episode is just about the crime committed. Where each of the characters have little 'moments' - a funny line, a glimpse into their past, whatever, but where the story line focuses on the crime, while leaving interesting momets for the characters. Hush is a good example - interesting case, with the ep focused mostly on the crime(s) committed, but with a few nice character tidbits - Hawkes in the field, Stella saving Mac, Mac helping the dock worker guy, Danny and Aidan teasing each other. I love character-focused episodes, but it is a crime procedural, and we know the writers can do good crime-focused storylines when they want to.

This post contains SPOILERS. I've tried the befrigged SPOILER box, but it won't take. If someone could help with that, I'd be grateful. Until then, be warned.

I considered posting a list of things I hope to see on S5, but I soon realized that such a list is futile. The writers are determined to pander to teenies and disillusioned housewives desperate to live out fantasies of star-crossed true love. Hence, we're going to be subjected to another season of sudsy Danny/Lindsay angst. But wait! Like Emeril, they've added a dash of "essence" in the form of a possible Danny/Lindsay/Riki baby daddy triangle. Yeehaw.

Well, at least we know that Danny must have high scores at the gun range.

Look, I've nothing at all against indulging in angsty, soppy fantasies and playing "what-if?" I do it all the time with my fic and on the broad canvas of my imagination. Fantasy is good and healthy, and the desire to share those fantasies is what birthed Hollywood in the first place.

What bothers me about the ever-escalating Danny/Lindsay drama is that I've been duped. I was lured to the show with the promise that I would see hard-hitting drama and suspenseful crime-solving. And I got that. For a year. And then, like the date who's a marvelous kisser and groper but not so hot at much else, it all fell apart when they rounded third and headed for home. With the addition of Lindsay, it was suddenly all about her and her bottomless bag of Issues and not about the crime.

It was a blatant bait and switch. I signed up for CSI and got Melrose Place as performed by the Joe's Gas 'N' Go theatre troupe instead. Pam Veasey has promised year after year that things will improve, that Lindsay will finally blossom and come into her own. Well, she blossomed all right: into a giant incubator for instant Danny death.

I don't want to see Danny forever linked to her by a squalling, pooping bag of DNA. CSI:NY should not be Full House, where the awesomely cool Uncle Jesse was neutered by a wife and twins and morphed into a hot but boring Mr. Rogers. Nor do I want to sit through such riveting hijinks as Danny and the Diaper Bomb or Baby's First Checkup. I don't want to watch Lindsay browbeat him into being Dad of the Year because he had the misfortune to come at the wrong time. It's boring and banal and grossly unfair to Danny, who, before he was ensnared by Lindsay's Venomous Tentacula, was an interesting character. He was flawed, certainly, and often a thick-headed, paranoid idiot, but he was decent, and even if you thought he was wrong, you could believe that he was trying to do the right thing in the wrong way.

Now, he just looks like an obnoxious, opportunistic asshole, and if the rumors about Lindsay and Riki being pregnant at the same time are true, then he looks like an obnoxious, opportunistic, irresponsible asshole. Why? To create drama for the wet-pantied and sexually frustrated and to prop up a boring, blank viewer avatar with no depth or substance of her own.

Worse yet, I and other viewers are still being duped. Early spoilers indicated that TPTB intended to finally develop Lindsay on her own and give her interests other than Danny. Suddenly, though, we're back to the Danny drama, and thousands of fingers have slipped furtively into thousands of underpants.

Maybe plans got scuppered by Anna Belknap's new pregnancy, and if so, then I suppose some changes were inevitable. But why not just say Lindsay had a fling after she and Danny broke up, or better yet, hide the pregnancy by confining her to the lab? Or hey, maybe Anna might like a 9-month maternity leave. Say she's on loan to the Jersey crime lab. Anything but this ridiculous love child plot.

But Option 1 might make her look irresponsible, you say? Well, isn't that a pity? You have no compunction about making Danny into an irresponsible boor, but making Mary Sue Monroe into anything other than the saintly wounded dove of distilled innocence is dirtybadwrong? All right, then.

What I want for S5 is for the show not to suck like a galactic Hoover, but with Doublemint baby drama and the Black Sheep of Clan Flack on the horizon(and oh, how that reeks of Flack being tempted to compromise his integrity to bail out/cover for his ungrateful idiot of a younger sister), I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would like to see in Season Five....

1. I really want more interactions outside of work with the CSIs...we've seen Danny and Flack playing pool, going to a basketball game, etc., Stella and Mac at a Dog show in Season one, etc etc. I really hope the writers can realize that these characters can interact outside the lab without being in a relationship or having a love interest. I loved the episode where we get to see Mac having breakfast at a diner, and its clear that he's been there before when the people recognize him. As much as I love Mac and Stella, and would love to see them get together, their interaction is friends is simply amazing, and I really want to see more of that. The same goes for Adam, Sid, Hawkes, etc. Adam and Danny seem to have a good rapport, as do Sid and Hawkes (although Sid seems to freak him out occassionally =P) so why not show that in an episode?

2. For god sakes, no more relationships!!! There is one in particular that I'm thinking of, and it was so badly written that i'm not even sure what one would call that attempt...but honestly, I think my little brother could have done it better. If two main characters absolutely NEED to be in a relationship, make them ADULTS, and not whiny teenagers about it. That being said, I loved the first season of NY, and there weren't any relationships outside of friendship there. That isn't to say that I wouldn't be totally against any relationships popping up, but please, make them realistic, and make them believable, and for god sakes, let them have chemistry and development before they get to that point.

3. More of Hawkes. I love that poor guy...Season 2 was supposed to be his rookie year, but he was pushed aside for new girl Lindsay, and it really denied him his chance to shine. He's a compassionate, caring, and loyal character-why wouldn't the writers want a chance to use him????? Give him his own episode, or make him a main part in another episode, like in the one where he was accused of murder, or was a target of Shane Casey. Give him some angst, or let him lead, like in Grand Murder at Central Station. Hill Harper has the talent and drive to really bring his character to life, and its sad that he's being pushed aside for dramatic trueee lovveeeeee (/sarcasm) story lines.

4. More Adam, and more Sid. AJ was supposed to be a main character last season, was he not? I love that geeky little guy, and he always shines when he's on the screen. I love his little crush on Stella and the way he interacts with Danny and Mac. It seems to me that he has the same kind of relationship with Mac as Danny does--wanting his approval. Also, I'd like more of his past--someone mentioned that he could have been abused, and the same story has also been applied to Danny. It would be a wonderful episode to compare and contrast the way Adam deals with his issues now with the reckless way Danny does, if they really were both abused. And Sid....Sid is just awesome. He really works well with all the actors on the show, and I would really like to know more about him and his family--bring him into a case maybe, or out in the field to get a body, like Hawkes did in season one (to get the fat guy who choked on a piece of candy and fell off a ledge...forgot ep name.).

5. More compelling suspects. There have been a few killers that have been really creepy and really sadistic, ones that i've really enjoyed watching. Taxi cab killer started out great, and Shane Casey was also compelling. Joey Lawrence was a good creepy guy, and I also loved the magician episode (again, forgot the name and the magician =P), and thought that too was a great villain. I hate the old killer excuse of "she/he was cheating on me!" "he made fun of me for being fat at a basketball game"....come on. I mean, I know alot of crimes happen for petty reasons, but this is a TV show--you can create good compelling killers everyday if you want to, even if they don't happen every day in reality.

6. Diversity. People have said it before, and I agree wholeheartedly. Not all killers/victims in New York are white rich guys or girls. I loved the gritty eps in season one, where Aiden had to investigate the pizza place in a seedy neighborhood, or that old abandoned "haunted" church. Not everyone in New York is white collar--bring back some of those blue collar guys the Sandhogs or the dock workers. Same goes for people of color, or different ethnicities, or people of different sexual orientation. I also want to see more of NEW YORK. All of it. Central Park, the place where the WTC stood, the Bronx...you could even have a crime on Broadway!! NYC is such a cultural cornacopia (alliteration, heh), and I really hope the writers make it a bigger character this season.

7. Guest stars. And I don't mean the lame ones we've had in the past. Joey Lawrence was excellent, and Kid Rock didn't do so bad of a job either. I really liked Michael Clarke Duncan in season one, where Mac had to reexamine the evidence to try and prove him innocent. I'd really love to see him back as a guest star, maybe actually committing a crime (proving that *GASP* Mac Taylor is capable of being wrong) this time. I'm sure CSINY could get other great stars, too...after all, it is New York-famous people come through the city all the time, and it would be great to see some.

8. *drum roll please* CONTINUITY.....!!!!! The writers really handled the Danny/Rikki/Ruben storyline beautifully....he didn't disapear after one episode, and neither did Rikki or Danny's guilt over his death. In so many episodes something monumental happens, and is forgot about in the next episode. Flack gets blown up in the season two finale, but is totally fine next season. Danny gets his hand smashed up and Adam is tortured in season three, but come the beginning of four they are both fine, as is the blown up lab. AND FOR CHRISTS sake, where is LOUIE???? It really has been way too long since they've mentioned him. AT least have Danny say he's going to the hospital after work to visit him or something...give us a bone at least, if you really can't bring him back for an episode....

Well...thats it for now. But I'm sure I can think of more when I'm more awake. ;)

Back