Season 10 Start Date...TY Twitter.

Carolyn_333

Pathologist
One of the people/things I follow on Twitter is Latest From CSIMiami (@LFCSIMiami). They posted a tweet with a link that took me to the site latestfromcsimiami.com. On the site it said season 10 will premiere Sunday Sept. 25th at 10 pm ET-(Eastern Time).

Last edited:
I was hearing the 25th for the premiere this year (the 29th appears to be a Thursday)?

No worries. :D

It's too bad we have to wait until the end of the month. I'm sure CBS has its reasons, but sometimes it feels like torture. :p

So how far ahead of the transmission do they film? (I ought to know the answer to this from last season, but I can't remember!)

Yay! Finally! Soooo glad we don't have to wait until October like last year.. that was BS!!

Now could we please have some spoilers?!

So how far ahead of the transmission do they film? (I ought to know the answer to this from last season, but I can't remember!)

Exactly what I was wondering, as I follow both Omar and Eva on Twitter and they're both still enjoying their vacations.

I'm sure someone out there has more information than I, but I've heard that it can take somewhere around 2 weeks (give or take; depends on the show/format) from pre-production to post-production for an episode to be finished, so it's probably why most shows start the process around the end of June-mid July. I would guess (correct me if I'm wrong) they might have 2 or 3 episodes finished at any one time before they're scheduled to air.

Which explains, I suppose why we get Miami so late in the month of September but damnit, I wish they could slip it in a week early. *pouts* :lol: All things being equal though, at least it's not premiering in October like CSI LV did one year.

Last edited:
It takes roughly 8 days for an episode to be filmed. The show starts filming around the 18th of this month and the final product of the premiere won't be finished until roughly 3 days before it airs.

Same here! I watched the season finale again and it makes me ache for September even more! Horatio HAS to be okay :( :(

Back