Sarkozy new President of France

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Roosey, May 6, 2007.

1. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Maybe it doesn't even bother anyone, but I thought this was remarkable news.

I myself visit France a lot so I'm interested in their politics. Nicholas Sarkozy is the new President of France. I don't really like him and I think Ségolène Royal would have done a much better job. I have spoken to a lot of French people and they say this isn't such a good choice. Though, I think Sarkozy will be a strong leader. But is strong good? I don't know, we'll see.

What do you think? France is quite of a big country.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

The French bring up their message ...you know, if there's something wrong, there's protest and people will hear it. Even I'm not a fan of Social Democrats in general, Royal perhaps would have been better option. I mean, what happened in France over a year ago with immigrants and all those burnt cars... Sarkozy isn't bringing any help to that since he's pretty strict on the right.

So yeah, I have a feeling that there will be protests.

3. kimi

kimi Lab Technician

No comment

No dammit, that's a really really sad day for me, or should I say for the democracy (uh actually for 47 % of the population). I can't stand Sarko, and unfortunately I will have to tolerate him the next 5 fuck*** years (and maybe a bit more!).
    I really hoped Royal would win.

So I think there will be some protests, and then ????? He's been elected and that's it. He now holds what he's always dreamed of...the power. A few demonstrations won't scare him for sure.

I feel anger, disappointment and tonight for the first time in my life I'm ashamed of my country :(