Sara/Grissom Season 13 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Gr8gunz, Jan 1, 2013.

1. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Nice, good to know! Give it a couple of weeks and it'll feel like any other forum :)

I guess, since we don't know the details as to what's wrong between them (other than the general LDR angst) we have to wait and see. What we know is, Sara is very sad and Grissom wants to talk, even if he was the unreachable one a few episodes ago. It's not clear what's wrong and we mostly speculate. If they break up then many people will stop watching and won't ever want to watch CSI again, so in a way it's quite unlikely it'll happen. Fans would revolt.

I liked the episode because there was good teamwork and a lot of Sara (and some Grissom), but, once again, the case itself was too weak. It's as if they use a lot of energy to create personal stories for the cast but don't have the time to focus on complicated crime stories. I like how Finn can bond with Sara and be serious for a change. It's how Finn should be, but they don't seem to want that for her.

2. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Oh dear. All this is so sad. I have not posted here for ages but been still a watcher of the site and show. But now I feel I have to so very much agree with byline's comment
    TPTB you cannot recapture the past glory this way, you are just loosing your audience. This audience is not looking for a soap opera of absurd actions that people in real marriages don;t make. GSR was originally cool because it was low key, creditable and realistic.

I rarely watch the show now. I look at it if it's on, but generally afterwards wish I hadn't as it is spoiling what I enjoyed.
    How sad is that??

I would like to tell TPTB to get off their butts and generate a new show if they have a drop of talent. And to stop wrecking the heritage of a great show with cliche and soap opera false conflicts thinking you are creating audience engagement.

This was never a show for the stupid.

3. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

RocketScientist, you expressed some of the thoughts I never knew how to put down in writing, how cool:)

I think I fell in love with GSR as it was unique, subtle and just indescribably different. It was always the little things, the ones that "you blink and you miss it" that mattered the most and it was working beautifully as you can never say GSR ship was short of fans.

While I struggled to watch the 2nd half of season 9, it was fantastic to know that Grissom and Sara got their "happily ever after" in the jungle. Sara's comeback and marriage revelation in season 10 was quite a shocker but I thought they could make it work fine, with Grissom off-screen and perhaps occasional remark about their relationship but never in my dreams(nightmares) I imagined they'd do what they're doing with GSR now for the sake of some drama/ratings or whatever the reason is. So unfair and unnecessary and CRUEL. In a way now I wish I never carried on watching after Grissom's exit.

I love rewatching old episodes from seasons 1-8 time to time but do indeed feel that the latest seasons(well, particularly the current one) is spoiling the whole thing.

I'd like to believe TPTB realise that breaking up GSR would be insanely wrong thing to do and this whole mess IS going to result in happy ending and maybe even(dare we hope) WP's cameo.

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah,I agree with you about last night.

5. Gr8gunz

Gr8gunz Victim

Not really sure what is going on now with GSR. Sara was completely absent in this past episode. Visiting her husband? <shrug>

6. Gr8gunz

Gr8gunz Victim

I know I'm brain dead and I really apologize for that but I remain quite confused about this forum. Is there a thread where one can engage in a nonspecific general discussion about the series? What does "Spoilers" mean?

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Spoilers is when there is something specific that is going to happen and people want to know and they can check it out. But there are people who don't want to know and they don't check it out.

So let's say spoiler says Sara accidentally hits DB with a bat.

Those who don't want to know and want to be surprised, will get mad if they find out that Sara does that before the show starts.

8. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I'm sad that it's been such a slow week for new information; does anyone know if Sara plays an important role in the crossover? I'm curious as to if they'll allude to the events of ep. 15 beforehand, or if it'll just be contained in itself.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

As Mac&Adam Fan explained, spoilers are bits of information about what is upcoming in the season on the show. They need to be in a thread with a spoiler warning at the top (like this one), or discussed in other threads with a spoiler tag over it,
    like this.

As far as general discussion, we have the spoiler threads, individual episode threads, and individual character/actor threads. Anything else you can create a thread for, but it should have some sort of topic assigned to it. Examples from current/past threads are Ratings Discussion, Season 12 Review, You Know You Watch Too Much CSI When..., etc.

We used to have a picture game thread and a quote game thread too. Those can be resurrected if anyone is interested. :)

10. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

Dis anyone mention Sara in the last episode. I know she was not in it but her absent makes me wonder if she is visiting Grissom. It just seems like they would maybe mention if Sara was going to see Grissom and how their marriage is doing. That is a big storyline that viewers want to know about. :confused:

11. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Nope, no mention of Sara whatsoever. Could've just been a day off. I think Grissom is too far away to include any storyline like her going to visit him in such a short time-span; especially with ep 15 coming up. With 6 characters now, it's probably not high on the writers' priority list to explain the actor's absence.

I'm hoping we'll get more of Sara over the next few episodes though..

12. Gr8gunz

Gr8gunz Victim

Yeah, we gotta get more of Sara. I love Sara. <sniff> Hey, why does it say "victim" underneath my name? Can I change that?

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It'll change when you get more posts. Or if you pay for an account you can change when you want.