Sara/Greg #13: Sandle - The Ship of Hope

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SaraStar, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Salean

Salean Rookie

Shazza , from what I've heard/read/watched clips of (yes, I'm hopeless) 'The Case of the Cross Dressing Carp' is a good Sandle episode. I was updating a list of Sandle moments for a thread on another site and when I was looking through the clips I found more moments in that one episode than in any other this season. So yeah.

I'm kind of apathetic about Ronnie. She always seems to me to just be an extra character who wouldn't be sticking around for too long.

The first few times I saw the 'More and more everyday' clip that was all I noticed. It wasn't until I saw it actually on the tv screen that I realised how the scenes with Sara and Greg, and Sara and Grissom, work together. Because Sara looks disappointed... or, I don't know... weary maybe, when Greg mentions Grissom. Then, when she's talking to Grissom she seems very wary, and it seems to me that he was quite harsh to her, shooting down her suggestion about the lack of bees meaning the end of the world.
    But that's just my interpretation. And I tend to always over-analyse stuff so you may just want to ignore it.

Hmm... actually, that would be a cool character development fic to do for Sara... may have to write that at some point.

2. Skell

Skell Rookie

Oooh, careful. It's "Cross Dressing Carp." ;3
    To be honest, I don't remember much from the episode. It could be because I'm tired -- the sun just came out of hiding for what seems like ages!

Ronnie is an "eeh" character. You know what she's doing there -- it helps to foreshadow Sara's leave, and a choice in a new character to add to the team officially, on credits and stuff -- but at the same time, you don't want her there. Or at least, I know I don't. I don't think anyone could take Sara's place.
    And there is that rumor going around about Ronnie having a crush on Greg, but I must be missing it everytime, because I've never spotted a scene showing that.

I really need to rewatch "Go to Hell," then.
    [goes to watch it]
    I've watched it! It seems Greg was out of it during the entire scene, uncomfortable even. Am I the only one getting that vibe?
    But I definitely saw the change in Sara's face to something negative after he mentions Grissom.
    Nice catch, Sal!

By the way, am I the only one entering the Muscles contest? :3

3. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I haven't seen it in the show yet(Ronnie's indications that she has a crush on Greg)........I agree with the whole idea that she's possiblely put in by the TBTP to take Sara place I mean that just blah cause like you said noone can do that......She's as annoying at Sofia.....I mean Sofia was in there 3 seasons and since dead doll I haven't seen her inan episode.......she really didn't seem to fit in and noone really liked her (expect maybe Brass lol) and everyone stayed professional with her......She trying being a CSI that didn't work and then she tried being a cop and that did actually work for a while....She was really boring and dispite the one or two episodes centred around her she had little to no character develpment......and next the TBTP didn't know what to do with her so she's gone.........People also though she was a potentional love interest of Nick or Greg the thought which I find laughable.......I mean she barely had any scene with either one so her and greg or her and Nick being an item???? Its laughable lol...I hate when they add and removed characters like Sofia and Ronnie that seem so out of place and annoying.

Definately looking forward to 'The Case of the Cross Dressing Carp'!!! :D Its on tonight around 9 local time lol...

I got that vibe too(about Greg in "Go To Hell")......it seems like he didn't really wanted to talk to Sara and she did but still he though she was there to see Grissom more them him.......a sign on jealously/anger/frustration at sara????????.......possiblely and who could blame him...he was soo in love with her and never got to tell her that.

Okay I'm stop rambling now lol.

Gotta go bye. :)

4. Salean

Salean Rookie

Actually, to me it seemed that Greg was trying to do the right thing... because he's a good guy. I think he thought that the only reason Sara had come to the crime scene was to talk to Grissom, and telling her that Grissom was inside was his way of showing her that he could accept it... which, actually, obviously wasn't what Sara wanted. He seemed pretty happy that she complimented him so I don't think he could be that angry with her. But I could imagine that he would be having that conversation on the outside, and inside his heart would be breaking all over again :(

I actually quite liked Sofia. Or, in particular, her friendship with Greg. I thought that they had a really good, platonic relationship. She was always kind of helping him out, but, because she didn't really know him as a labrat, she didn't quite patronise him the way some of the others did... or expect him to know everything straight away. (Post Mortem, No Human's Involved, Spark of Life) I think it's a shame that she's gone really.

Skell , I entered the Muscles banner challenge too. One of my banners is awful though, so I'm not expecting to do very well.

Oh, and I've seen a scene which could be taken as Ronnie having a crush on Greg. But I don't want to spoil anything for Shazza so I'll just say: when they've been going through the evidence together and she gives that small smile/laugh as he walks out.

5. shazza_018

Yeah he was probably doing the right thing (for himself, Grissom and for the sake of the rest of the team) but the whole scene seem edgy and so did Sara's scene with Grissom..........maybe it just me I'll try and watch again when I can.......I also think the reason why Greg directed her to Grissom was even if he's in love with Sara he wants to maintain a personal and professional relationship with Grissom.......he looks up to Grissom alot and Grissom is kinda a father figure for him......he only told Grissom that his parents still didn't know he was out in the field and Grissom was the only one who we saw that came to see him in the hospital in "Fannysmackin" though at the end Sara said she was going to see Greg with Nick ;) ;)........("Fannysmackin" was in general a great eppy for Sandle) I also think Greg might have done that casue he thought Sara was happy with Grissom and if Sara is happy then that's all that should matter right? (even if he is breaking up inside)........I also think Nick's aware that Greg's in love with Sara remember his comments in "Rashomama"(is that how you spell it? lol..after Sara said a wedding was like having properties exchanged between your father and your husband something along thoses lines and then Nick buts in and addressing both Greg and Sara said "Oh, that's not what a wedding is. It's a public declaration of love".......and I also remember Greg agree to that and refering to Nick as "Vince Vaughn" - I just found that so funny and also Nick can be really really corny at times I mean "public declaration of love"....

I'm not saying I hate Sofia....its just at times I found her annoying I do wish she was back though she had great chemistry with Brass lol....and yeah I agree with you she was helping him out and trying to get him to get use to the reality of the job (although I must say i haven't seen any of the episodes you've mentioned cause I got into the show really late so I have alot of catching up to do lol) It's a shame that she's gone.

Ooooh I'll watch out for that smile from Ronnie lol and again thanks for not giving too much away......... :D :D :D

Oh! and Skell I'm not entering the muscle comp school really hectic and I really don't have the time :(

Okay got to go.

6. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

wow!! wat a great post you guys!! :D first of all...Hes!!!!! thats a great blue hawaiian funtain!! love it *dances around it* its lovely and yes, i will dance around it everytime i drop by :lol:

well...erm, i think you should stick on the topic guys..which is Sandle...lets dont care about Ronnie or whoever...i know that greg will not give up on sara... thats what eric said in one of the interviews... :D

i hope you'll stick on the topic ;) we dont want the moddie to come here and..you know what i mean..

And i have a dialogue for you guys...

Sara: Great house you got there Greg!
    Greg: Thanks...wanna see the backyard?
    Sara: You have a backyard??
    Greg: Yeah
    Sara: OMG!!

Greg: Behold! My back yard...
    Sara: OMG!!! its beautiful....hmm garden for a guy like you?
    Greg: hehe cool eh...
    Sara: OMG!! its gorgeous! You planted rose bushes??
    Greg: Yeah...actually you're the first person i show my garden to
    Sara: Ouh really? *Blushing*
    Greg: Check out my fountain...
    Sara: Erm..why is the water brown in colour? And i like the smell of the water...
    Greg: No..you love the smell of the water..and you know why? Its Blue Hawaiian fountain!
    Sara: WOW!!!
    Greg: Come lets dance around it
    Sara: No way!
    Greg: Cummon its fun! give it a try!
    Sara: *Dances around the fountain with Greg* Hey this is fun! Makes my stress go away!
    Greg: Thats why i always have good mood in the lab ;) well, apart from the fact that i could see your smile everyday..
    Sara: Aww Greg. *Dances around the fountain* WOOHOO!!

when i look at the cute Blue Hawaiian Funtain Hes made, i had a brainstorm for a dialogue..thanks Hes :D

7. Skell

Skell Rookie

I see what you mean, greg_sara_love, but I'd just like to say some things real quickly:

I don't think Sofia was a bad character in any way. In fact, I thought she was an enjoyable character, and wasn't just "there." Her relationship with Greg was that of a friend, someone there to help, like she did in that one episode. I can't remember what it was, but I know it was in the locker room.

Definitely Sandle all the way. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have hope for the greatest CSI couple to boot. ;D

Lovely dialogue, I think it's so cute. It ties in so well with Hes's funtain. Hehe. Gotta love Greg's "culture," eh? :3

Sooo... I hear that the writer's strike is nearing a close. Do you think we'll get any more episodes out of this season?

8. Salean

Salean Rookie

Skell , it was 'Spark of Life' one of the ones I mentioned in my earlier post. :)

Talking of that episode: I like to think that Greg also turned to Sara after that case. It was a horrific case, probably made worse because of his memories of being in hospital after receiving burn injuries as well. Sara would really be the only one he could properly turn to about that. Sofia did a nice job telling him how to cope with tough cases (that was a really sweet friendship scene) but Sara was in the explosion with him. Do you guys think that's a feasible idea? Or just wishful thinking?

As for getting new episodes this season... I'm not sure. I mean, if it was me I would want to get straight back into writing straight away... but then writing is like breathing to me. I think they have a few episodes that have been written already but not edited, right? So they'll probably get them out and then review the situation... see where they're taken timing wise.

Loved the dialogue as usual Naz . :)

*dances around* I'm going to a Paramore gig tomorrow!!!! Ahem. Now that I've got that out of my system... hope you all have great days and stuff. :)

Over and out.

9. Skell

Skell Rookie

Yes! "Spark of Life"! Looks like this thread is going to need one of those soon, too... everyone is busy, I imagine? I know I've been.

Really, Salean? You think they have some episodes waiting to be edited? Huh. I never thought of that, but I don't know if they would, either. It is a writer's strike -- I'm very naive when it comes to these sorts of matters --, but are editors considered to be included in this strike? I think they'd be on strike as well -- so we don't have anything for backup... that's just what I think, though.

Hope they put in a Greg-reminiscing-about-Sara-scene soon, though!

And have fun at the Paramore gig! :D The A7x tour makes me wish I lived in Europe. :3

10. Salean

Salean Rookie

I don't know... I thought I read somewhere that they only had a certain number of episodes filmed... but that there were still some waiting to be edited. As in the scripts needed to be edited before they could film them. I could be completely wrong, though.

Yeah, I've been fairly busy. Coureswork coursework coursework... :rolleyes:

Heh heh, Paramore were amazing! It was the first gig I'd been to where we were in the standing area rather than the seating so it was rather cool :D

I agree that they need to have a Greg reminiscing about Sara scene. I think I've already said that I would love to see Greg calling her at some point... but even just some kind of mention of her from him would be good. Maybe just when they're processing a scene and he could say "If Sara were here..." That would be quite cool. OR if he was talking to someone (Catherine... being the only girl CSI now) and called them Sara by accident. Oh, it would be so funny if it was Nick or Warrick... could you imagine the looks on their faces? :lol:

11. shazza_018

*hangs head in shame*

Sorry..........been so busy sometime I forget about this thread especially when it's been at the bottom of the pile for a long time..... :(

Wel I heard production was stopped after "Bull" which was the last known episode to air.....but a friend of mine sent me this.....

Well you know I think Nick already knows about Greg's love for Sara so I think if something like that happened and Nick was there he laugh a lot and tease Greg about it for years to come........

Warrick on the other hand (who Greg gets little to no contact with)......would be like "where's your head at?? stop goofing off and finish processing the scene"......if they were at a scene.......

OMGOD.......this would make a great fanfic right.....anyone wanna giving it a shot....short fic on Greg reminiscing about sara.....its doesn't even have to be a fic it can just be dialogue........sorry if this sounds boring but I'm trying to keep the thread alive just so we have something to discuss..... :D :D

12. Salean

Salean Rookie

Honestly Shazza , you're not meant to be giving me new ideas for fanfics when my English coursework is due in two weeks and I need to get an A this year to get into the uni I want...

*sighs*

But it's so tempting... it would be such a fun/implicitly angsty fic to write...

*slaps self*

Maybe I'll do a quick dialogue on it sometime.

I could imagine Nick and Warrick teasing Greg about it for years to come if he did make that slip.
    It's kind of like when people aren't really paying attention properly in class and then they end up calling their teacher "Mum" or "Dad". That happened to me once, in Primary School. :eek: So embarrassing.
    Anyway. Yes. What was I saying? Oh, yeah, if it was Catherine I could see her just staring at him for a bit and being fairly supportive, maybe realising that his feelings for Sara went deeper than they had realised.
    Nick or Warrick... :lol: I still can't get past imagining the looks on their faces. That's going to have me laughing all through the week I think.

In case any of you were wondering why I didn't mention Grissom before, it's because I think Greg would be a lot more careful around Grissom than the others. If he did slip up... I'd imagine that the confrontation between the two men (that most of us have been anticipating/eagerly awaiting since 'You Kill Me') would be sure to follow.

13. Salean

Salean Rookie

Sorry for the double post, but I believe that I've missed the 24 hour edit thing, and I wanted to add something that I thought you guys might be interested in. I don't know if any of you saw this already, but all the same.

(I'll put it in a spoiler box, but I don't think it's really a spoiler...)

"It was harder to leave than it was to stay, for sure," Fox told the KTLA morning show. "[There] will be a moment [when] I will return. [...] I can't tell you when or why or how. [It's] very secretive." *grins* She's so coming back for Greggo. Or at least, she is in my mind. But yeah, there still be hope!!! (Don't ask why I went piratey there... I have no clue...

Ok, gotta run. Hope you all have great days!

14. Skell

Skell Rookie

I don't know about you guys, but if Greg were to slip up about him missing Sara in front of Warrick or Nick, I think they'd be more on the worried and compassionate side, seeing as she's gone -- and that point, probably for a long time.

I can't wait till she comes back, but I think when she does come back, it'll be next year. They're going to give everything a season or two to blow over... in my opinion.

15. shazza_018

Ahhh yeah if we wanna look at it realistically then they would be more on the worried side..........but they'd would probably laugh about it at first but when it hits them that they're talking about Sara and Sara has left......then they'll probably shut up about it but be very much concerned for Greg.......

I'm with Skell on this one I don't think she'll make an appear this season........they probably will give it a season or two before she does comeback - its not likely were going to have a finale (it doesn't seem likely were even going to see anymore CSI at all this season) so thos rumours that she might appear in the finale appear to be untrue...I think the TPTB will wait till the realisation that Sara has left has hit everyone cause in my opinion it hasn't... I think the whole team needs team to maybe move on and then they can bring Sara back and I think that'll be more of a surprise/shock for them all(especially for Greg!).....Not that I don't want Sara back I mean I WANT her back really bad but just to be a bit realistic

Not that its likely to happen anytime soon but what would Greg's reaction be if Sara did indeed return.........????