Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
Steve Carell (The Office)
Jason Lee (My Name Is Earl)
Jeremy Piven (Entourage)
Tony Shalhoub (Monk)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy series
America Ferrera (Ugly Betty)
Felicity Huffman (Desperate Housewives)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (The New Adventures of Old Christine)
Megan Mullally (Will & Grace)
Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds)
Jaime Pressly (My Name Is Earl)
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
Thomas Haden Church (Broken Trail)
Robert Duvall (Broken Trail)
Jeremy Irons (Elizabeth I)
William H. Macy (Nightmares & Dreamscapes)
Matthew Perry (The Ron Clark Story)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries
Annette Bening (Mrs. Harris)
Shirley Jones (Hidden Places)
Cloris Leachman (Mrs. Harris)
Helen Mirren (Elizabeth I)
Greta Scacchi (Broken Trail)
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
Babel
Bobby
The Departed
Dreamgirls
Little Miss Sunshine
Outstanding Performance by an Actor in a Lead Role
Leonardo DiCaprio (Blood Diamond)
Ryan Gosling (Half Nelson)
Peter O'Toole (Venus)
Will Smith (The Pursuit of Happyness)
Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
Penélope Cruz (Volver)
Judi Dench (Notes on a Scandal)
Helen Mirren (The Queen)
Meryl Streep (The Devil Wears Prada)
Kate Winslet (Little Children)
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Alan Arkin (Little Miss Sunshine)
Leonardo DiCaprio (The Departed)
Jackie Earle Haley (Little Children)
Djimon Hounsou (Blood Diamond)
Eddie Murphy (Dreamgirls)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role
Adriana Barraza (Babel)
Cate Blanchett (Notes on a Scandal)
Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine)
Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls)
Rinko Kikuchi (Babel)

Re: SAG Awards 2007.

Winners and speeches from sag awards official web site:

12th Annual SAG Awards™ Acceptance Speeches:

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries

Helen Mirren / ELIZABETH I – Elizabeth I HBO

HELEN MIRREN: Thank you so much. I’m so proud… I love this award more than any other awards… [applause] I think especially being a Brit, you know, American film acting has always inspired us and influenced us, and impressed us – or me anyway. I’ve always looked to American film actors to teach me how to do it basically.

For Elizabeth I had the great advantage of two great writers, Nigel Williams and Elizabeth herself. Because actually that clip you just saw was actually written by Elizabeth I. I had an incredible cast, as those of you who saw the piece know, the most extraordinary actors, Jeremy Irons, who’s here tonight, Toby Jones, Patrick Malahide, Hugh Dancy, and many, many others. I thank you Screen Actors Guild.

I thank my director, Tom Hooper, and HBO who allowed you all to see it. So thank you very much. [applause]

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries

Jeremy Irons / ELIZABETH I – Earl of Leicester HBO

JEREMY IRONS: Into the lion’s den. As Helen said, it was you lot… that sort of taught me what it was – what one was supposed to do. In fact, I remember the very first time I went to New York and I asked the guy on Fifth Avenue the way to get to Madison Avenue. And he said, “What do I look like, an employee bureau?” I mean, “an information bureau?” [laughter] It was a joke.

And I thought, everybody in America wants to be a movie star, they all sound like movie stars. And here is a room full of movie stars giving me, who, whenever I start a job, feel like a plumber, [laughter] giving me an accolade, it is fantastic to be singled out among such… co-nominees: Mr. Duvall, who, the first time I heard word of Duvall was when I was going to play with Miss Glenn Close and he was a great friend of hers. And he said, “How can you trust a guy who sounds like that?” [laughter] And yet she did, and it worked, and I don’t know, we just do our… I’m just amazed by this.

Thank you very much. It’s a huge honor. I shall treasure it forever. [applause]

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series

Alec Baldwin / 30 ROCK – Jack Donaghy NBC

ALEC BALDWIN: Thank you, thank you to everyone in the Academy, this is a real honor. I’m really proud to be a member of this Union. This is a great Union that represents all of the actors that aren’t in this room tonight, who does great work on their behalf, [applause] who do great work on their behalf. And congratulations to all the other nominees.

I want to thank our writers, of course, no sitcom works without good writing, and Tina Fey, our cast, our crew. Especially Jonathan the focus puller, who at my age, misses the mark every now and then, [laughs] and shaves six or eight years off my close-ups, out there a silver cup. Thank you, Jonathan, very much. [laughter]

I want to thank the production people, Steve Davis, Rob Albertell, Jerry Kupferord. I want to thank NBC, Jerry Zucker, NBC Studios, Tifffany Nishimoto, and Summer Grindall [sp], who worked with me. Matt Heilsig [sp], the people at CAA, Mike Rosenthal, Matt Delpiano, Lorne Michaels, my dear friend, because we all have to go to work for somebody every day, and I have a great boss in Lorne Michaels.

And I want to thank my mom. Mom, I love you. And I want to thank Nicole for all your love and all your kindness, and all your friendship. And thank you all very much. This is a real honor. Thank you. [applause]

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series

America Ferrera / UGLY BETTY – Betty Suarez ABC

AMERICA FERRERA: I am completely out of things to say. I don’t have anything to say anymore. I think that what’s so special about being in this room is that I look out and I see faces that have inspired me, and moved me, my entire life, since I was just a wee little one. And being here, honored by these faces, is more than I can express.

And I think what’s amazing is that we share a common knowledge of struggle and of rejection, and now of success. And that I think only your fellow peers know how sweet the taste it is, because you know the other side of it.

And it’s really an incredible knowledge. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Have a wonderful night. [applause]

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series

THE OFFICE NBC Leslie David Baker Stanley Hudson
Brian Baumgartner Kevin Malone
Steve Carell Michael Scott
David Denman Roy Anderson
Jenna Fischer Pam Beesly
Kate Flannery Meredith Palmer
Melora Hardin Jan Levinson
Mindy Kaling Kelly Kapoor
Angela Kinsey Angela Martin
John Krasinski Jim Malpert
Paul Lieberstein Toby Flenderson
B.J. Novak Ryan Howard
Oscar Nunez Oscar Martinez
Phyllis Smith Phyllis Lapin
Rainn Wilson Dwight Schrute

STEVE CARELL: This is quite the honor having these people present this to us. [applause] I was craning my neck, “Oh my God! There she is! They’re there! Oh my God!” Let’s get serious for just one second. Webster’s defines the word “ensemble” as follows: “a complete costume of complementary clothing and accessories.” [laughter] And even though this is not the right definition, I think it applies to our cast. [laughter]

I’d like to – we’d like to thank Greg Daniels, our executive producer… [applause] for being the person who assembled the ensemble, and choosing people who get along, who work well together, who enjoy each other’s company, who are friends. Also Allison Jones who took part in that trip. [applause] It’s really a great honor and we will treasure this. Thank you. [applause]

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Eddie Murphy / DREAMGIRLS – James “Thunder” Early Paramount Pictures

EDDIE MURPHY: Thank you. What a tremendous honor to be recognized by one’s peers. [with slight British accent] I’ve been acting for some 25 years now and this is a tremendous honor to me… no, I’m sorry. [laughter] It’s just when the British people come and get the awards, it’s so smooth with their stuff. And I feel goofy up here ‘cause I don’t be winning stuff.

But thank you so much, this is a huge honor. And thank you Bill Condon for directing and putting me in your wonderful movie. Thank you. [applause] Thank you to the cast and crew of “Dreamgirls” and thank you to DreamWorks, and Jeffrey Katzenberg, Steven Spielberg, and David Geffen, and Brad Grey, and Stacey Snider and everyone there that was involved with this picture. I’m just so happy to be part of it.

And thank all of you and thank you, Tracey, for fixing everything. Bye-bye you all. [applause]

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series

Chandra Wilson / GREY’S ANATOMY – Dr. Miranda Bailey ABC

CHANDRA WILSON: Okay. Well, I’m sorry, Paul, I got your dress all wrinkled… First of all, it’s about those 10 cast members sitting over there, and the other one in rehab. I mean, y’all are just… [laughter] holding me together. I thank you so much, ‘cause we pull this thing off every week. I love you all for it.

Thank you, Shonda, for wanting me to do this role. Lord, bless your heart. And everything that you write for us, all those long things that you give me to say, do I have to keep saying all that stuff, those long paragraphs. Okay, thank you.

To… oh my goodness, my family here, Mikey, at home the girls. Thank you so much for going on this ride with me, for having an agent and a manager that have been with me 15 and 19 years, respectively. For holding on to me, thank you so much.

To – oh Lord – George Wolfe told me, “Look girl, you’re already talented or else you wouldn’t be in the room. So just go and do the work.” George said, “Just try to do the work every day.” And my friends, I feel you, so many wonderful friends I’m so lucky to have.

And last but not least, just to be able to take this thing home to my girls, in particular, and hold it in front of them and say, “Look, with this skin and this nose, and this height, and these arms,” you know, “I’m here!” Whoo! [applause/cheers]

Thank you Screen Actors Guild for taking me as I am. Thank you. Whoo! *

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series

Hugh Laurie / HOUSE – Dr. Gregory House FOX HUGH LAURIE: Thank you so much. Thank you. This is phenomenal. It seems to be that this business, for actors anyway, is not so much about whether or not you do good work, it’s about whether or not you get the chance to do good work. And I am… [applause] Every day I am extremely grateful for the chance I’ve been given to play what is to me such a fascinating character, to do it here in America… I’m British, by the way. [laughter] Which accounts for why I’m so smooth. [laughter]

And what’s more, to do it at a time when American television drama, it seems to me, is absolutely at its zenith. It’s a phenomenal honor and a great chance, and I am – I know it will pass very quickly… it might even have passed while I’ve been standing here. [laughter] But it’s still amazing. My therapist made me promise that I wouldn’t thank anybody. [laughter] Some of you with ownership, I didn’t really understand it.

But I would nonetheless like to thank the people who gave me the chance. The Executive Producers of “House,” Paul Attanasio, Bryan Singer, Katie Jacobs and David Shore. And also the wonderful Nancy Perkins, Marcia Shulman and Gail Berman. And to them and to you, and to chance, thank you. Thank you very much. [applause]

This was a totally pleasant awards show.. very good atmosphere, and I saw "THE QUEEN" last week, left me shaken and disturbed. so riveting, and I don't want to post the content of the movie for those who haven't seen it, but Helln Mirren was extrodinary, one of the best performances I've ever seen, the watch the inner workings of the British Monarchy, amazing.. GO SEE IT everyone ;),, and was a bit surpried that the Jennifer girl won over Cate Blanchett!!! and wow Marg Helgenberger, could her dress have been any lower cut :eek: she was the only CSI person I saw, probably because her hubby is the president of the SAG organization..& "Little Miss Sunshine" so good.. talk about a dysfunctional family..and the Julie Andrews award,, so cool, I realize that I've seen almost everthing she's ever done.. ad boy she look's GOOD!!!& the Mary Tyler Moore reunion.. wow they all so good too!!! the rest, not really my cup of tea, but a fast paced, enjoyable event!! thank's for posting this Hormiga

I loved the presentation of the Lifetime Achievement award to Julie Andrews. The Sound of Music is my all-time favorite movie, plus she has so many other great ones. It's nice to see her get recognized for her full body of work.

Go Chandra! I didn't think she'd win, but she damn sure deserves it. She's pretty much the single reason I ever tune in to Grey's. Congrats to her. And Teh Hugh won another award. Not as shocking as Chandra, but just as deserved.

As usual, the three CSI's got shut out.

From TV Guide omline:

SAG Awards: Did Your TV Faves Make the Cut? (NO!)

Nominations for the 14th-annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, to (hopefully!) be held Jan. 27, 2008, are out, and the big story is on the cinematic side, where Into the Wild topped the pack with four nods, Golden Globes fave Atonement got shut out, and Cate Blanchett is entered in two races. TV-wise, 30 Rock, Ugly Betty and The Sopranos netted three nods each. The details:

Male Actor in a Drama Series
James Gandolfini, The Sopranos
Michael C. Hall, Dexter
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Hugh Laurie, House
James Spader, Boston Legal

Female Actor in a Drama Series
Glenn Close, Damages
Edie Falco, The Sopranos
Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters
Holly Hunter, Saving Grace
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer

Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Steve Carell, The Office
Ricky Gervais, Extras
Jeremy Piven, Entourage
Tony Shalhoub, Monk

Female Actor in a Comedy Series
Christina Applegate, Samantha Who?
America Ferrera, Ugly Betty
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds
Vanessa Williams, Ugly Betty

Male Actor in a TV-movie or Miniseries
Michael Keaton, The Company
Kevin Kline, As You Like It
Oliver Platt, The Bronx Is Burning
Sam Shepard, Ruffian
John Turturro, The Bronx iIs Burning

Female Actor in a TV-movie or Miniseries
Ellen Burstyn, Mitch Albom's For One More Day
Debra Messing, The Starter Wife
Anna Paquin, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Queen Latifah, Life Support
Vanessa Redgrave, The Fever
Gena Rowlands, What If God Were the Sun?

Ensemble in a Drama Series
Boston Legal
The Closer
Grey's Anatomy
Mad Men (woo-hoo!)
The Sopranos

Ensemble in a Comedy Series
30 Rock
Desperate Housewives
Entourage
The Office
Ugly Betty

Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series
Heroes
Lost
Rome
The Unit

^Interesting how CSI always gets shut out being that Marg is married to Alan Rosenberg, the president of the SAG.

ETA:

SAG Awards: "Interim Agreement" with WGA Means the Show Will Go On
The rest of red-carpet season may be in flux but the SAG Awards show goes on. Screen Actors Guild president Alan Rosenberg confirmed Thursday that thanks to an interim agreement with the WGA, there will be a televised show, written by screenwriters and attended by actors. Here is a look at what Rosenberg said. — Carita Rizzo

So, the SAG Awards got a waiver?
An interim agreement. It's a little bit different.

Why the SAG Awards?
Because we've been marching shoulder-to-shoulder with the writers since the strike began, our issues are the same as their issues and we hope that they arrive at a fair deal so we don't have to go on strike in June. Their negotiators and our negotiators strategized together for the past year and a half — we're partners and they understand how important this award show is to [us] — so they granted us not a waiver but an interim agreement. A waiver would be a contract based on old contract terms. We signed a prospective agreement and we'll abide by whatever terms they arrive at in their negotiations.

So the show will be written by screenwriters?
Yeah, sure. They will be paid at whatever terms they arrive at in their negotiations.

There might be more attention paid to this show if it's the only show that goes on.
That would be nice. I always say I'm not a very competitive person — I guess I am somewhat — but all those award shows help actors. You go to the Golden Globes, you go to the Oscars [and] it really helps your career, so it's a real sacrifice not to show up. I wish [the WGA wasn't] on strike so all these shows would be on as planned but the cause is right and I'm proud of the Writers Guild. I think what they're doing is heroic so I anticipate a lot of actors will not cross the picket line for those other award shows, and that's a shame. I wish we had a deal.

For how long do you think the strike will go on?
I can't speculate. I hope it's not [until] June. That's when [SAG's] contract expires. It's not the best way to start our own negotiations.

Too bad PCA couldn't come to an agreement, which CSI was nominated for. :(

Re: SAG Awards 2008.

What's so odd is that none of these nominated shows are ever in the TOP 20 with the exception of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Houswives" and last week, CSI came in # 1 with 19.87 million viewers, last week, as in most week's, so lets close them out. :(I have to believe that these board members who select the shows, couldn't have watched CSI and not picked them :mad not to mention our team members!! what is their criteria? it sucks :(

Sally Field! *happy dance* Was there ever any doubt? ;)

Like a lot of you, not really impressed with most of those noms. With the exception of Sally, Hugh, and Christina Applegate (cute little show she's on)...Honestly, why does it seem like The Sopranos is the show that will just not die?! They went off the air and they're STILL being nominated for stuff. :rolleyes:

Wait wait, were the People's Choice cancelled? Excuse me for being behind the times here...that sucks. If you ask me it's kind of hypocritical to let the SAG awards go ahead, even if they've been supporting the writers. From where I'm sitting it looks like the writers are playing favourites, protecting the actors and ignoring others, like the crews for instance, who work just as hard as the writers. But I'm rambling now, so yeah.

No, People's Choice is not cancelled, they decided go ahead without the Red Carpet. I saw the commerical on CBS, they shwo it for Jan. 8.

Back