Rory Cochrane

CSI Files

Captain
When <font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font>'s character Tim Speedle was fatally shot in CSI: Miami's season three opener, "Lost Son", viewers assumed they'd seen the last of the laid back detective. But Miami fans will get a chance to see the popular detective once again when he mysteriously shows up in "Bang, Bang, Your Debt!", the second episode of Miami's upcoming sixth season. CSI Files' <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font> caught up with Cochrane to find out what it was like for him going back to the show after a three year absence.

CSI Files: So you're coming back to CSI: Miami for a bit next season. That's exciting news!

Rory Cochrane: I don't want [anyone] to get the wrong impression that I'm coming back because I just did one episode. Contractually, when I left, that was part of the agreement. Along with not being able to do television for four years, I would owe them an episode or two per season, and I guess they just decided to exercise that three years later.

CSI Files:: So they didn't have to call and convince you to come back?

Cochrane: Well, it's the sort of thing I could have said no to. But I figured I didn't have any hard feelings towards anybody there--I like the cast, the crew--so why not go back for one episode?

CSI Files: So as far as you know, you're only going to appear in one episode?

Cochrane: Yeah, that's as far as I know.

CSI Files: Were you surprised when they called you three years later and asked you to come back?

Cochrane: Yeah, I was a little surprised.

CSI Files: We've heard rumors that Delko (<font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font>) is going to hallucinate Speedle. How do you feel about the way the writers decided to bring the character back?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45\%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

Finally, Speedle returns as a zombie!

I've been saying it since I first heard they were gonna kill off Speedle: they need to bring him back as a zombie.

A series of gruesome murders around the Miami area in which the victims have their skulls cracked open and brains slurped out puts former friends and colleagues back together as mortal enemies. Now Horatio and company must stay on the trail of the undead Speedle before the whole town is overrun by the growing hordes of bloodthirsty zombies.

Zombie Speedle... it's about damn time.

Re: Finally, Speedle returns as a zombie!

Argh, I've only just popped on for a wee second before I head off to the gym and theres is a new feckin' Rory Cochrane interview :eek: Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaat

What a lovely read! So nice to hear something from Rory himself about his return to the show. At least we all pretty much know now that he isn't goin' to be back from the dead and that in all probability the halloucination storyline which everyone has speculated is very accurate, even though Rory wouldn't give anything away. :p

Thank you Top for making my evening with this new interview. I was looking forward to some new pictures/interviews/gossip from Comic Con but very little has surfaced :rolleyes: so this new interview has put a big smile on my face.

Glad you liked it, guys! :D It's exciting that Rory is coming back to the show. I can't wait to see the episode, and see this dialogue he and Delko have! :eek: :D

SmooveG said:
I've been saying it since I first heard they were gonna kill off Speedle: they need to bring him back as a zombie.

A series of gruesome murders around the Miami area in which the victims have their skulls cracked open and brains slurped out puts former friends and colleagues back together as mortal enemies. Now Horatio and company must stay on the trail of the undead Speedle before the whole town is overrun by the growing hordes of bloodthirsty zombies.

Well, that's one theory... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

*huggles Top until she pops* :D :D

I actually didn't even see the interview on the main page, I went to TalkCSI and saw it on the side of the page and was all "WHOA how did I miss that?" :lol:

Thank goodness he's basically confirming that he's not back from the dead. - But it's news to me that his contract stipulated that he'd have to come back for a couple of episodes here and there. You'd think since that was part of the contract, they wouldn't have killed him off in the first place so their show would seem more plausible. :rolleyes:

I'm also excited to see some dialogue, hallucination or not. :)

Ah, Top, taht's awesome!!!! *squeals like the rabid fangirl she is* Yay, Rory has dialogue, as well as just standing around looking smexy! *claps*

SmooveG said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it! That's how they should have bought him back!!!! :lol:

Thanks guys! :D

speed_cochrane said:
Thank goodness he's basically confirming that he's not back from the dead. - But it's news to me that his contract stipulated that he'd have to come back for a couple of episodes here and there. You'd think since that was part of the contract, they wouldn't have killed him off in the first place so their show would seem more plausible. :rolleyes:

I know! It would have made a lot more sense to have Speed leave or something like that so that he could have come back, like Yelina has. But I guess it was more dramatic to kill the character.

I'm also excited to see some dialogue, hallucination or not. :)

Same here!

SmooveG said:
they need to bring him back as a zombie.
Maybe Speed, Marisol, and Ray Sr can do a remake music video of Michael Jackson's Thriller.

I think it was news to all of us that Rory had a clause in his contract to come back when required. From a previous interview he did with CSIFiles Rory said that he asked not to be killed off so he could come back, but TPTB told him 'No we're killing you off' :confused:

Like Top said it would have been more straight forward and easier to let Rory go the way they let Sofia Milos go. But maybe they were hungry for the ratings. The certainly got that when Lost Son aired and I'm sure the ratings wouldn't be too shabby when BBYD airs in the Autumn.

Jeysus, Us Rory fans have been moaning and moaning for months and months at him being below the radar and knowing nothing about what he's upto and all of a sudden he's top of the list re: column inches :lol:

Oh Top, and I'm glad you asked about Jon Togo, I don't think Rory has ever spoke of him before. I know Jon mentioned in his CSIFiles Interview back in Season 3 when he started that he was a fan of Rory :cool: Props to Rorys ever so diplomatic answer about watching the show
I don't really watch the show religiously, so I can't really speculate on his character, but he seems like a nice guy
I bet he's never seen an episode since Lost Son :lol: PML

ROFL! If the scenes are night ones maybe he's a vampire. Or that Buffy joke I made to CatStokes about the Speed demon. Get it, Speed demon *ducks and runs*

I'd like it to be like Highlander though hehe. "Well you see Eric, I've been alive about 200 years, and I can't die unless my head comes off." Eric: What's with the sword? Speed: It's just how we protect our heads from others like us." Although his parents were at his funeral so it'd be more like he just found out when he died.

Or that new show New Amsterdam. "Well, actually I won't die until I find my one true love...."

:lol: Wow, Rory isn't very talkative, is he? I'm used to Carmine's interviews where he rambles on and on about a question. :p

Good interview, though. Thanks for sharing, Top! :D

Great interview, Top! This one obviously seemed to require a bit more work on your part, in terms of having to go to additional sources of work for Cochrane since he hasn't been on Miami in a while. Nicely done.

Faylinn said:
:lol: Wow, Rory isn't very talkative, is he?

You should read Khandi's interview.

I don't know what to expect of this. I'm not worried though. So far it's the only storyline that's got me interested in this season!

Back