Rory Cochrane To Return To 'CSI: Miami'

CSI Files

Captain
Remember "Lost Son?" And the way Speeds's gun malfunctioned, causing Speed to be mortally wounded? If CBS is to be believed, maybe all of that didn't quite happen as you remember it.

"[<font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font>] will be reprising the role of Tim Speedle and it's not a flashback," a spokesperson for CBS told E! Online, after rumours appeared on the internet suggesting Cochrane would be returning to CSI: Miami. The spokesperson added, "He will be interacting with his old partner and friend, Eric Delko."

The news was first broken yesterday by TV Guide's <font color=yellow>Michael Ausiello</font>, who reported Cochrane will be appearing in multiple episodes of CSI: Miami this season, beginning with the second. Ausiello originally speculated Cochrane would be returning as Tim's evil twin, but then later also confirmed the actor would be playing Speedle -- still without being able to provide any details as to how Speedle will be able to pull of this resurrection.

Cochrane's character was originally written out of CSI: Miami at the actor's own request. In his first interview after leaving the show, with CSI Files' <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font>, Cochrane said he felt the show "was never-ending and the grind was a lot." However, he also said he thought the way his character was written out of the show was "pretty lame," and was disappointed the writers couldn't come up with something "a little more imaginative." With his upcoming return to the show, Cochrane may now finally get the chance to say goodbye to Tim Speedle in a proper fashion.

For the original report from E! Online, please follow this link. For Kristine's Huntley's two interviews with Cochrane, please click here and here.<center></center>

:confused: OK, I'll be interested to see if they can pull this off without descending into the ridiculous.

Tim's evil twin

Ah it's bringing back seriously bad memories of the fantastic programming that was Sunset Beach. :lol: I guess if they are bringing him back then I'm glad they aren't doing the 'evil twin' thing, but I'm still worried. :p

I obviously love Speedle, but doesn't this whole bringing Speedle back kind of remind you of when they brought Raymond Caine back?? I hope this works out nicely for the show. *marks calander for Speedle's return*

May be it'll be like Dallas and it was all a dream? LOL I don't see how he can come back as Tim Speedle after being killed off. Unless it's one of those where he went undercover for some reason & his death was faked. HMMMM

I'm interested in seeing what happens. Either way, I'm not picky. ;)

Elsie said
if they are bringing him back then I'm glad they aren't doing the 'evil twin' thing,

They did it on 'Dark Angel', so you never know. :lol:

I'm thinking it'll be Eric's head playing games on him, but why would it be for several episodes? :confused: TPTB never play out a storyline that long.

They did it on 'Dark Angel', so you never know
Man, I loved that show!

I'm kinda thinking it'll be Eric hallucinating... but maybe we're just supposed to think that so it'll be a bigger surprise when we find out he's actually alive. What? A girl can dream...

I don't care how stupid it will be, I want to see speed again!! :lol: :lol: things like this are the reason I love miami...

I don't watch Miami that much but this seems to be an odd thing to do. I hope Eric is having dreams about Speedle. I mean you can't really bring someone back from the dead, can you?

It wuld be interesting to see but it is quite hard to bring people back form the dead, unless you are on a soap opera. Unless it was the evil twin who died, and well I can hedge a bet that the guy who died was not the evil twin.

^ So far, it hasn't been clearly stipulated, but rumour has it, he'll be seen again in the second episode of the season and future episodes. :)

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less if they decided to bring him back via alien abduction! I'm just glad he's coming back! Miami just hasn't been the same without Speedle and it can only be a good thing to bring him back to life :)

Well.................I'ts been said that Eric may be having hallucinations & thinks he's seeing Speed. :) I still say there's no way they can bring a dead man back to life. :D As far as Speed/Ryan to me they both have the same attitude. :lol: Well........if they can bring Speed back to life then maybe they should bring Ray Sr & Marisol back to life also. :lol: That way they all can be one happy family,or they can do a crossover between Miami & Ghost. :lol: Sorry being sarcastic. ;)

Elsie said:
:confused: OK, I'll be interested to see if they can pull this off without descending into the ridiculous.

Tim's evil twin

Ah it's bringing back seriously bad memories of the fantastic programming that was Sunset Beach. :lol: I guess if they are bringing him back then I'm glad they aren't doing the 'evil twin' thing, but I'm still worried. :p

Ben and Derrick!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: [/Sunset Beach geek-out] :lol: That show really was something else.

Maybe Delko's going to be the Ghost Whisperer now? I gotta say, of all the CBS crossovers I imagined, I didn't see that one coming... :lol:

Delko's going to start hallucinating and seeing Speed wherever he turns. Speed will goad him into doing things, like setting off another nail gun in Ryan's other eye, or surprising Alexx in the morgue by hiding under a sheet, or stealing Horatio's Shades of Justice.

Back