Rory Cochrane To Exit 'CSI: Miami'

CSI Files

Captain
The CSI: Miami team is set to lose one of its own in the third-season premiere.

<font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font>, who plays criminalist Tim 'Speed' Speedle, will leave the top-rating forensic series after two years, according to CSI Files sources. It was rumoured last week that Cochrane was asking the show's producers to write him out of the series (story), but his exit was not expected so soon.

While some actors ask for their characters to be written out in a way that allows for a later return to the series, CSI Files can confirm Tim Speedle will leave CSI: Miami in a body bag. He will be the second regular cast member to leave the show after former NYPD Blue actress <font color=yellow>Kim Delaney</font> (Megan Donner), who departed during the middle of the first season after only ten episodes.

In the season premiere, reportedly entitled "Lost Son", Horatio Caine and his team will investigate the kidnapping of a child from a wealthy Miami family (story). The investigation leads Horatio and Speed to a jewelers shop suspected of involvement in the kidnapping, where there is a shoot-out in which Speed is killed.

Newsmagazine Entertainment Tonight went behind the scenes on the filming of the season premiere to get the cast's reactions on the departure of one of the CSI: Miami team, although the cast and crew have reportedly been told to stay mum on which character will be killed off. "To let somebody go is not easy," star <font color=yellow>David Caruso</font> (Horatio Caine) told ET. "It's something that we were not prepared for in a way, but here we are."

Caruso said he doesn't know whether producers will be looking for a new regular cast member to join Horatio, Calleigh, Delko and Alexx in the Miami-Dade crime lab. "I'm not involved in the casting of the show, so I'm not sure if there's going to be a replacement," he said. "But I can say I believe we've found what we're good at on the show and we will be operating on our strengths this year."

Video footage of the funeral, as well as further comments from Caruso, can be found at ET Online. The episode is scheduled to air on Monday, September 20, on CBS.<center></center>

Re: Rory Cochrane To Exit 'Miami'

So it's true that Speed IS being killed off?

LV characters have had one of their own die on them, wonder how Miami characters are going to cope...?

'.........where there is a shoot-out in which Speed is killed.' - Also who shoots the bullet that kills him, will it be a twist and a stray bullet from a CSI or the kidnapper...?

*SOB!* I'm heart-broken!!! It's going to be the saddest episode ever! How are we going to cope? :(

It will be one of the saddest. The only Las Vegas CSI to die was new one, who died on their first assignment, but that wouldn't be the same as losing someone, who had been on the team for awhile.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! *STOPS eating chocolate bar* :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: thats how upset i am!!! i never stop eating for anything...except this!!...*faints*

Posted by kazzy:
AAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!! *STOPS eating chocolate bar* :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: thats how upset i am!!! i never stop eating for anything...except this!!...*faints*

I'd thought you'd Miami stomper would be overjoyed.

I for one don't care. It'll be wierd, but just another problem for H. Caine to tackle, which makes him just that much more kick ass.

--iMat

*Sob* Nooooo not Speed!!! :(

*heartbroken* :Cries:

I just started getting into csi: miami and I have noticed his "detachment". He has this presence like he really doesn't want to be there. I could tell that wasn't his cup of tea sort of speak. At first I thought he was always tired. no...thats just him trying to keep up. hopefully he will find a place that fits him. thats okay that just leaves more screen time for Adam Rodriguez :D :D

HEY DONT CALL ME A MIAMI STOMPER..WOTEVA THAT MEANS!!!

go away! *pulls down a black veil* cant you tell im in mourning for speedle's death...*sniff* :(

Though i am also sorry to see Rory's character of speed go and i agree it won't be the same.
To the actor i wish him the best of luck in all his endevours and hope that he continues to fulfill his dreams in acting.
Rory will truely be missed, speed will truely be missed.

*I am sooooo getting tissues ready for this ep* :(

i got my blanket ready..incase i soak it too much...and chocolate on stand by to calm me down...

I'm getting together a survival kit for when 'Lost Son' airs. It contains tissues, chocolate, a cup of tea, a picture of Rory and a fuzzy blanket. I need this otherwise I won't survive! :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
why would you need a picture of rory....it would make the pain even more unbearable...ill be taking my pretty framed picture of eric szmanda so he can make me forget the pain... :( *sees eric szmanda* :D

At least I'll have Eric to look forward too in the original.

For my survival kit ... box of tissues (they will be gone prolly the first half hour!), yep my favourite picture of Rory, and a blankie, so I can hide when Speedy's last scene comes on. For the aftermath = I need a way to get my hands on those Miami DVD's!!

And yes, I do wish the lovely Rory all the best in the movie world (it's not like his going to be a newcomer or anything ;)). And it will be very,very good to see Ror on the big screen.

Back