Rikki/Jacqueline Fan Thread #1

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 16, 2008.

1. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

I think that Jaqueline Pinol needs her own thread on here, so I'm opening one. Personally, I love Rikki and I think she definitely needs to stick around. She has become my favorite recurring character and not just because she and Danny have amazing chemistry. Jacqueline is such a great actress and has managed to make me feel for her character. She does a great job and here's hoping that she sticks around for a while!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'd love if they brought Rikki back next season because I think seeing her and Danny work through their feelings and grief together (whether or not they continue any kind of romantic or sexual relationship) would not only provide continuity (and Lord, we're always asking for that--ignoring other things in the past is no reason to ignore this. Two wrongs don't make a right, as they say), but it would also provide a nice "emotional hook" as Matt Roush said (as quoted in the 'Romance on CSI:NY' thread).

Not to mention that Jacqueline did such a fantastic job in the few scenes we've seen her in--she's only been in three episodes, and only had a couple scenes in each of those episodes, but I feel like we have the basis for an interesting and complex woman already. Having Rikki come back next season would be wonderful.

ETA: Here's a picture from happier times (Photobucket keeps changing things :lol:)

[​IMG]

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree with everything you both said. As much as I love Angell, Gerrard and Sinclair, I also like the idea of recurring characters who aren't part of the work place. Right now all we have is Reed -unless I'm forgetting someone - in that capacity so I think it will just add to the realism of the show if Rikki becomes recurring. I mean these people have to have some relationships outside of work and recurring characters are a good way to show that without going overboard.

Rikki would also be great for that because in about 5 minutes total screen time (give or take, I haven't exactly timed her appearances ;)) Jacqueline Pinol has made me care about Rikki and want to see how she continues to come to terms with Ruben's death and how her and Danny's relationship evolves.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awww, I love Rikki! And Jacqueline Pinol really is a fantastic actress...I think it was MrsG who pointed out the complexity of her crying scene in "Child's Play." She pointed out that she didn't just start crying but kind of made some almost twitchy facial movements, like she was digesting the news and reacting with total and complete shock.

Anyway, I'm definitely a fan of Rikki and Jacqueline Pinol.

5. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

I do hope that Jacqueline is here to stay, and TPTB won't loose Rikki like they did with Louie. :rolleyes: She deserves to be around because, like PA said, in a few minutes of screentime she proved what a amazing actress she is and made me care about Rikki. Plus, she has a lovely chemistry with Carmine. ;)

Not to mention that she is more beautiful than a doll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Faylinn

She is very beautiful in a natural way, and I like that. She has a warmth about her as well.

I think she's had about 7 scenes total, if I remember correctly--3 in 4.11 (in the hallway, when Danny breaks the news to her and in the church at the end), 3 in 4.13 (the flashback to Danny's apartment, the scene in the alley and when Danny brings her in at the end), and all of one in 4.16--and even with such a small amount of actual time on the show, I feel like there's a connection to the audience that makes you invested in the character. You can watch scenes with her in them and feel a range of emotions, and I think that's good--good writing plus a great actress. You can even see the scene in 4.16 and it makes you (or me at least) feel conflicted. You really think about what she's going through and look at her as a 'real' person.

Maybe we should write CBS to let them know we'd love to have her back. :lol: Just a few episodes next season would be good--I'd love to see how she's doing.

7. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

^^ Anything to have this lady back. ;) TPTB should spare us the trouble and come read talkcsi. ;)

I just love how she reflects so much emotion. She does seem to be very warm and kind. Her beauty is just a bonus. :lol:

[​IMG]

Jacqueline Trivia

She graduated from Beverly Hills High School in 1993, where she was a member of the renowned Madrigal Singers.
    Loves to learn foreign languages. She speaks Spanish, French, Italian and is now learning Mandarin Chinese!.

Pretty cool! :D

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Jacqueline Pinol is beautiful but, I'm sorry, she looks posessed in this pic.:

[​IMG]

Run for your life Danny! She wantz to eet ur branes! :eek: :eek: :lol:

I sent a feedback form to CBS.com saying that I really liked Rikki and Jacqueline Pinol's performance and that I hoped she'd be back and wasn't just a plot device for Danny and Lindsay drama. I figured since Adam/A.J. started out as a one scene character and is now a regular due to fan reaction it couldn't hurt anything to give a shout out to Rikki/Jacqueline.

9. Faylinn

Ooh, the mental image of her speaking French with Emmanuelle...:devil:

Sorry, I'll be over here in my corner. :p

I do believe I'll follow suit. :)

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Yay for the appreciation thread! She is an awesome actress, and has managed to steal the show a la Adam: a few scenes stolen from the regular there with her! Maybe she will parlay that into a recurrent appearance. I agree with you PerfectAnomaly: it would be nice to have someone who is not a part of the "job" in some capacity be a recurring character.

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hot damn, she's learning Mandarin? :D Please to be speaking it with me sometime, Ms. Pinol. :lol: ;)

And PerfectAnomaly, I gotta agree with you on the possessed thing. :lol: However, even with that expression, she looks beautiful. Now how many people can pull that off?

12. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Nice to see a thread for this talented actress/interesting character. I'm still a bit confused about how her storyline is going to evolve and/or end but I'd love it if TPTB didn't forget about her.

Anyone who's able to express emotions without saying a word is good in my book and she's definitely proved she can do the job. :)

13. owlki

owlki Witness

I love how Jacqueline Pinol can convey so much emotion in Rikki, even without saying a word. As Carmine can do it too, it's awesome to see them interact in scene. I also came to care for Rikki and do hope she sticks around.

14. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

That's true. We should have someone who's not part of the job on the show. She could be in a few episodes per season, allowing some character development for Danny. The way Reed is for Mac. But, I guess that if we still don't know nada about Louie, still haven't met Papa Flack, I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for Rikki to show up on CSI NY every other episode. :rolleyes:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

I love this woman so much! I really do hope she sticks around. She's got all the talent that an actress needs, and she can emote better than any other television actress I've seen thus far (and that's a lot coming from me... I have my favorites). I don't just want her back because I think she and Danny are great together. I want her back because her talent is best portrayed as Rikki!