Review: CSI: NY--'Battle Scars'

CSI Files

Captain
The CSIs endeavor to get to the bottom of an apparent robbery gone wrong that left a street dancer dead and his girlfriend injured. Synopsis: A young woman stumbles from the elevator into a hotel lobby, where she collapses. She’s identified as Brooke Hallworth and rushed to the hospital while Stella and Flack track down the room [...]

More...

Excellent review as always, m'dear. :D

I adore Adam, I really do. :lol: It was great to see him have such good material after being MIA last week. But then Sid and Lindsay were MIA this week, which makes me wonder what's up.

The case was definitely sad - I felt really bad when the truth came out at the end, and I was glad to see Al get his comeuppance.

Danny/Flack scenes! Oh boys, it's been a while - and they never disappoint. Remind me why they don't have their own spinoff yet? :p

Good review :)

I'm hoping that you are right about Danny, but I don't see it and believe me, I've tried really hard to feel something about the wheelchair storyline. I sincerely doubt that when Danny is back to normal, there will be a reminder of what happened. I'm afraid Danny will be his usual self in a couple of episodes, when the cane is gone.

I know I sound bitter, I wish I could feel your optimism, but after five episodes, I just can't.

I didn't pinpoint what's up with Danny, but what you said about the depression seems spot on. I like that Carmine has played it subtle enough so that viewers know he's different, but maybe can't put their finger on exactly why. I agree. Depression isn't always about being locked away in a dark room or drinking yourself into oblivion. For the most part it's about being able to function and interact with people on a basic level and that's about it. I'm glad you brought that up in your review. It's made me have a new perspective on Danny's story line and I needed that with the epic fail I think TPTB has had with dealing with his injury and healing process.

I thought it was funny that you said Flack was "gleeful" about arresting Al. "Glee" was the first word that popped into my head when I went to describe his reaction.

I was also very happy to have a case where I gave a damn about the people involved. NY has had too many cases where I didn't even care about the vic, let alone the criminal. It was nice to be able to actually feel something for the people involved in the case. It reminded me of S1 and parts of S2.

I think it's significant to point out that both Haylen and Lindsay were absent from the show but neither were missed. I wish TPTB could look at this episode and realize how unnecessary the two characters are.

And I'm still ticked off that there's been no follow up with Adam/Stella. They could at least let us know what led them to hook up if nothing else. Another example of wasted potential. I find it very hard to believe TPTB just threw that in the premiere for shock value and nothing else. Well, I don't find it hard to believe considering everything else that's been eaten by the BHC; but I just have a hard time believing they don't see any potential for a story line there.

Last edited:
Back