Review: CSI: Miami--'Time Bomb'

It's pretty clear that you and I have a completely different idea of what "review" and "professional" mean,

Right, because you don't seem to understand a review is a critique. It's not impartial. If you want impartial, just read the synopsis, which is a summary of the episode. The analysis part is critique.

I enjoy debating aspects of the show with people who see things differently than I do. The characters, the relationships, the writing... it's all subjective and up for discussion. People griping about the reviews not being professional or impartial because they don't agree with them? That's just old and tired.

It's pretty clear that you and I have a completely different idea of what "review" and "professional" mean,

Right, because you don't seem to understand a review is a critique. It's not impartial. If you want impartial, just read the synopsis, which is a summary of the episode. The analysis part is critique.

I enjoy debating aspects of the show with people who see things differently than I do. The characters, the relationships, the writing... it's all subjective and up for discussion. People griping about the reviews not being professional or impartial because they don't agree with them? That's just old and tired.
I'll repeat....I even tried to defend you.

Sometime it would be nice to read a review about the imperfections of Eric and Calleigh? They have been so OOC for the past 4 seasons, I don't even recognize them anymore; or how about the fact David is being seen less and less, or Rexx Linn is hardly there anymore, or Eva; all in favor of the new characters and the promotion of E/C.

Just some thoughts!!

If she writes what you tell her to write then she's not giving a review. :rolleyes:

Instead of complaining about her reviews why don't you write your own and include things you think are relevant? That seems to me like it would be a whole lot more productive than trying to get someone else to only write what you want them to write.

Nobody is trying to tell her what to write; it was just a suggestion. But, a review needs to be impartial. I myself have my favorites too, but if I were doing a review I would have to put that aside and look at all angles, not just the stories that please me and those are my opinions on that. I WILL SAY NOTHING MORE ON THIS SUBJECT.

DAMAGE CONTROL:

FLO: My apoligies for getting you into this. I see you were only trying to defend her against my rant. Thank you.

KRISTINE: I respect the opinions of others and have softened my position some. I regret that my frustrations came out as they did. The post above is not specifically directed at you but the poster who was so angry at me for my previous post. I probably won't return to this thread again... unless. lol

Last edited:
Nobody is trying to tell her what to write; it was just a suggestion. But, a review needs to be impartial. I myself have my favorites too, but if I were doing a review I would have to put that aside and look at all angles, not just the stories that please me and those are my opinions on that. I WILL SAY NOTHING MORE ON THIS SUBJECT.

You don't have to say any more, but seriously, go look up what a review is. By its very nature, it's not an impartial thing. It's a person giving his or her opinion on a subject matter. Roger Ebert doesn't like every movie he sees, does he, or every character/actor in those movies? A reviewer's job is to critically analyze material--be it movies, TV shows, books, etc.

You don't have to say any more, but seriously, go look up what a review is. By its very nature, it's not an impartial thing. It's a person giving his or her opinion on a subject matter. Roger Ebert doesn't like every movie he sees, does he, or every character/actor in those movies? A reviewer's job is to critically analyze material--be it movies, TV shows, books, etc.

I said I wouldn't return. But, point taken Kristine...Thank you.

Back