RENT

Athena

CSI Level One
RENT

hehe RENT/CSI style

Yay! Love this play/movie

It's so good go see it. The movie just went on sale yesterday (at least it did here in the states. I don't know about any where else.)

La Vie Boheme!!!

It went on sale in Canada too!!!

I'm buying it after March break!!!

I love that musical!!! I know every word of every song!!!

Here in Argentina it came out on theaters today! I can't wait to go watch it. I know nothing about the musical, but still, i'm dying to see it :)

Oh my flippin jerky sticks people! I just saw the movie. And I loved it. It made me laugh, it made me sing along, it made me cry it was just an all around good movie!

Love the whole roger/mimi thing and tom/angle thing. so cute.

And I loved it in the beginning of the movie when maureen called mark and tom did that little whip thing. Oh man I was laughing forever, throught the whole movie i was going "Whopshh, whopshhh." it was hilarious.

I know offically love the song season of love. And at I cried like a baby when Angel died, I just thought it was so sad. I loved it when he took the trash can to break the lock on the door and tom was like "You gonna put the trash can back?" and angel goes "No."

I just loved this movie. I think i'm gonna go watch it again. lol.

^I totally agree with you! I just watched it and I just HAVE to watch it again. I loved it, it was soooo good!! The song at the beginning was amazing! My friends and I sang it all day long, it was so funny. We were running on the street a few hours ago singing it at the top of our lungs and people looked at us as if we were drunk.. lmao xD
What a good movie. :D

I know it is a good movie. I watched it twice in a row last night. And I'm getting ready to go watch it again.

I finally saw Rent last night and it was AMAZING! I loved it! The music was awesome. I was fighting back tears when Angel died. Now I gotta go out and get the soundtrack :D

I got the on broadway soundtrack and its not as good as the movie soundtrack it has alot of the same people but there's one or two people who are different and i...just like the movie version better. I wtched it again this morning. and when i clean my room later i'm gonna watch it again. and if I sing my dad's just gonna have to live with it. lol.

The only people who aren't in the movie from the OBC(original Broadway Cast) were the people who played Mimi and Joanne. The main thing about that was the ages of the actors, Mimi is supposed to be 19, so the actress looked too old.

And the girl who plays Maureen(Idina Menzel) is married to the guy who plays Benny(Taye Diggs). They met when they were in the original cast together.

The guy who wrote RENT, Jonathan Larson, died on the night of their final dress rehearsal, before the show opened. That's why the original cast is so close.

I knew Rosario Dawson was not in the original cast, but I didn't know the girl who played Joanne wasn't either. When i listened to the original version of "Seasons of love" it sounded really weird. I like the voice of the actress in the movie.. oh if only i could sing like that! lol. She has such an amazing voice.. when watching the movie I was like O_____O

I know I liked Joann's voice better then the girl's on the original broadway c.d.

Man I just love this movie. I just got done watching. I love at the end when mimi goes "I was headed towards this warm white light, and angel was there and he looked good." I love how she that.

I know that was one of my favorite lines!

And I also love the beginning of Tango: Maureen -

"Say something. Anything"
"Test 1, 2, 3."
"Anything but that."

I think that Tango: Maureen, Take Me Or Leave ME, and La Vie Boheme. have to be my favorite fun songs. I also LOVE the little song Will I that round that they have is so pretty. And Seasons of Love is just classic. Oh and Over the Moon! is another fun one I love... erm... I'm probably just going to end up listing the whole sound track before I know it so I'll stop now. :p

I might be doing "Over The Moon" for an audition, :D

I memorised it and performed it for my friend and she really liked it.

I love all the songs, I even got the CD with an official "Maureen" cover, :D I am a HUGE fan of Idina Menzel, so that made my month.

And ORIGINALLY, in "Seasons of Love", the solos weren't sung by members of the core cast, they were sung by another soloist, so even if Tracie Thoms(who played Joanne in the film) had been in the original cast, it wouldn't have been her doing that part.

When the film came out, there was actually an article somewhere(forgotten where, but somewhere reputable) that gave some Oscar buzz to Wilson Jermaine Heredia(Angel Dumott Schunard). I think his performance was Oscar-worthy, but the academy isn't nice to musicals or comedies.

Back