Remains Identified as Caylee Anthony

I live here in Orlando and every single day they talk about that case. I will be glad when the whole thing is over. I am glad they did finally find the remains. I think the mother is completely guilty in so many ways.

I live here in Orlando and every single day they talk about that case. I will be glad when the whole thing is over. I am glad they did finally find the remains. I think the mother is completely guilty in so many ways.

Sadly, she is certainly not giving us reasons to think she is innocent of the crime.

But what I'm totally freaked about is her parents, they have been acting so weird.

I read somewhere (and anyone here is free to correct me as I don't have time to link an article)that one ofher family members took down a memorial put up in front of their house for the little girl.

If it's true, why?

We had two murders of little girls back in 2003 and then in 2004 and the parents were so overhwelmed with gratitude at such displays they cried during the press conferances and expressed thanks. They did eventually take the toys and donate them to a children's hospital (of course), but to me if people are willing to take their time to pay tribute to your child, it's a wonderful gesture.

Child murders are very hard for me to read about as a mom, you literally grab your own child and hug them so hard you don't want to let go as much as they are saying, "Okay mom I know you love me, but I wanna go play my Nintendo DS."

On a different topic, I always feel for the people who discover the bodies of these children. I still remember the young man who called in absolutely shocked and devastated when he found the body of Samantha Runion, a 3 year old girl who was snatched off the street in Florida-I believe. He was inconsolable on the 911 calls. I still get goosebumps when I remember hearing that call on CNN.

I've read accounts of people who find the bodies of murdered children and many of them have had to go to therapy because they are haunted by the images.

Sorry for being so long winded, these cases hit home for moms like us, especially when its the mom who appears to be guilty of doing it. We can't understand how you can do such a thing.

If mothering is overwhelmng you have those thoughts, you need to go out and find support, find help. I became a single mother when my daughter was 14 months old and I moved to a brand new community. I reached out and got help from so many agencies, parent groups and even a church.

Last edited:
I read somewhere (and anyone here is free to correct me as I don't have time to link an article)that one ofher family members took down a memorial put up in front of their house for the little girl.

That's true. It was Casey's brother Lee who did that. As to why, my only theory is that it was a reminder of the fact that his sister might have hurt his niece. I imagine it's a hard situation for the family to deal with.

ETA okay wrong memorial you all are referring to the first one shortly after the body was found. I think that was done because the reporters were sworming and maybe he didn't want it lost to them. But here is one about another.

Caylee Anthony's Stuffed Animals Reportedly Donated to Needy Children
Hundreds of stuffed animals left for Florida toddler Caylee Anthony have been donated to needy children. At the Orlando Union Rescue Mission, roughly 89 homeless children ranging in age from 18 months to 10 years old received stuffed animals like bears, horses, angels and frogs from the girl's grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, according to the report.

Caylee Anthony will join Waterfall of Tears
Caylee Anthony will soon join Polly Klaas, JonBenet Ramsey and the nephew of singer Jennifer Hudson on a central Florida man's memorial for slain children. - Don Williams of Leesburg began building the concrete-block wall on his property in 2005 after learning about Jessica Lunsford, a 9-year-old Homosassa girl who was kidnapped, raped and buried alive. More than 90 children's names are now painted on the 60-foot-long wall Williams calls the "Waterfall of Tears."

Could Lee Anthony face charges?
Casey Anthony sits behind bars, charged with the murder of her daughter, Caylee Marie. Now, the attorney representing Casey's brother, tells MyFoxOrlando that Lee Anthony may also face charges. - "Not because he has done anything wrong," said Thomas Luka. As a former prosecutor, Luka said that the State Attorney's Office could seek to charge Lee with obstruction of justice or aiding and abetting, even if was not Lee's intention to do so. - "It's an ongoing investigation, so no one really knows where it's going to lead. Mr. Anthony, obviously wants his civil rights protected. Everyone involved in the case should have their rights covered when determining what the police can and can not do or should and should not expect from the witnesses involved in this case," said Luka. - Luka adds that neither Lee, nor George and Cindy Anthony, have been called as witnesses in the case, but they are preparing for just such a scenario.

More can be read at the links provided.

Last edited:
All the toys and stuffed animals were given away to charities for kids. I thought that was actually very good of them. It gave many other alive, needy children toys for Christmas. It sort of reminds me of a line Sara said in a CSI episode. "Go with the living, the dead can wait." Living children can appreciate the toys in a bad economy like this more than putting them outside to get wet or dirty for a child who will never see them.

I guess George Anthony use to work as a Security Guard at my workplace in the evenings. I always work days so I never saw him.

This is interesting...
Caylee Anthony's Grandparents Seek Immunity
"As investigators in Florida seek answers in the Caylee Anthony murder case, the grandparents of the girl are asking for immunity when questioned, the Orlando Sentinel reported Wednesday.
A lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony reportedly asked that the couple be protected when questioned by prosecutors regarding the case, the Sentinel reported. At this point, no deal has been set."

Back