Ratings Systems - All Posters Please Read-Up'd Dec 29, 2006

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Dec 8, 2005.

1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Ratings

As you all know, TalkCSI is a PG-13 site, meaning that material, and links to material, rated R or NC-17 may not appear on the boards:

There is, occasionally, some confusion as to what is above PG-13 and what is not. The purpose of this post is to clear up any confusion and make it easier for all posters who visit this forum.

Fan Fiction Ratings

As far as we can tell, there are three main systems for rating Fan Fiction material – and this is where a lot of the confusion takes place.

G / PG –This rating is known as B, K or K+ on ff.net, or FRC (Fan Rated Suitable For Children) according to the Fan Rated System

The definition of this rating, according to the Fan Rated System is:
    PG-13 – This rating is known as T on ff.net, or FRT (Fan Rated Suitable For Teenagers) according to the Fan Rated System

(please note this information was taken from a site devoted predominantly to BtVS fanfiction, but the principles are the same for CSI)

R-Rated – This is known as M on ff.net or FRM (Fan Rated Suitable For Mature Persons) by the Fan Rated System

Due to the nature of TalkCSI, links to stories rated R/M/FRM may not be given from the boards. If you wish to share stories with this rating with older teens/adults, you may do so via PM, email or messenger.

NC-17 – Known as MA on [/i]ff.net[/b] or FRAO (Fan Rated Suitable For Adults Only) by the Fan Rated System

As with R-Rated material, such stories MAY NOT be linked to directly from the board, but links may be PMed/emailed to those over the age of 17.

For more details about ff.net rating system, check out http://www.fictionratings.com/guide.php

Ratings for Pictures

With regard to what pictures you can post in the threads, there is no cut and dry rating system that I can find. However, here are a few points to abide by when posting images.

1) Graphically violent images should not be posted. Images that have appeared on the CSI television show are fine, but if they could be considered disturbing to others, post them as links and place a warning on them so that people can avoid them if they wish.
    2) Suggested nudity is fine – a naked back or shoulders for example. However, any full-frontal nudity, pictures of naked breasts or naked butts, etc, should not be posted.

Contents of Posts

There is often worry over what people can and cannot say within a post. Shipper Central, in particular, is a place where relationships are discussed, so obviously sex is going to come up in conversation. Here are some points to remember:

1) “Fade to black sexuality and frank discussion of sexual concepts are fine here” – you can discuss sex and sexual concepts, but you may not go into great or graphic detail.
    For example: The term UTT is fine within the threads, as is an explanation that it means “Under the Table” if anyone asks. However, going into detail as to what is going on ‘under the table’ would not be suitable in this environment. Most of us already know what is going on anyway, and those who don’t are too young to know.

In relation to this, discussion of your own sex-life really isn't appropriate in this (or any) UBB forum. Using real life analogies to make a point regarding a ship you are discussing may be appropriate from time to time, but other discussions are best left to the private chat rooms or messenger.

2) Swearing – mild swearing is okay, as long as it isn’t incessant – lets face it, there isn’t a great deal of need to swear in this environment and most of us don’t really want to read posts with a lot of swearing it them. The “F” word and “C” word shouldn’t appear here at all.

If you have any question with regard to the Rating system and what can and cannont be posted here at TalkCSI, please do not hesitate to ask a question in this thread. If you prefer you can PM either 1CSIMfan, Kimmychu, or HoratioAndMe.

2. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Re: Ratings Systems - All Posters Please Read

Summary of Ratings:

graveshiftcsi.

G =

B or K (ff.net)
    FRC (Fan Rated Suitable For Children)
    Trainee (Graveshift)

PG =

K+ (ff.net)
    FRC (Fan Rated Suitable For Children) (same as G)
    CSI-1 (Graveshift)

PG-13 =

T (ff.net)
    FRT (Fan Rated Suitable For Teenagers)
    CSI-2 (Graveshift)

R-rated =

M (ff.net)
    FRM (Fan Rated Suitable For Mature Persons)
    Supervisor (Graveshift)

NC-17 =

MA (ff.net)
    FRAO (Fan Rated Suitable For Adults Only)
    CSI-3 (Graveshift)

Many thanks to GraveyardIntern for providing me with the ratings over at the Graveshift :)

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Wow...I found this thread back on page 15 and thought I would bump it up and pin it to the top for everybody to read since we have a lot of new members and you can also ask questions in this thread if you are unsure of something.

4. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

Yeaah! Listen to her, Although i am 14, I can stand some pretty Gruesome stuff ^_^.
    But rules are rules.. I suppose!
    And Heya Everyone!

5. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

HeHe

6. szmandatogoholic

szmandatogoholic CSI Level One

Hehe, LOVE what you said about the pictures. ;)

But what if there was some "graphic" pictures that fit under "pictures of naked breasts, naked butts, etc.," that was part of a past CSI: episode in an autopsy?

Just wondering. ;)

ETA: Never mind, I noticed that even if it WAS part of a CSI: episode, it wouldn't be worth the risk of getting banned for life. Don't waste your time replying to my post.