Ratings Roundup

CSI Files

Captain
CSI continues its heated ratings battle with Grey’s Anatomy, while spin-offs CSI:Miami and CSI:NY handily beat the competition.

CBS won Monday night. CSI:Miami’s milestone 100th episode scored an easy victory with an 11.1/18 against the season premiere of ABC’s The Bachelor, 6.4/10, and the floundering new NBC show Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, 6.0/10.

On Wednesday, ABC won the night due to a strong showing for the return of Lost. However, CBS certainly can’t blame CSI:NY for the network’s loss of the night. CSI:NY continues this season’s trend of easily winning it’s timeslot, with a 10.2/17 versus ABC’s The Nine with 7.8/13 and NBC’s Kidnapped at 3.7/6.

Thursday night saw another CBS/ABC split, with CBS leading overall and ABC winning the 18-49 demographic. Despite CBS’ lead in overall viewers, ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy won the 9:00 pm timeslot, beating out CBS’s CSI 14.8/22 to 13.3/20.

For complete ratings information, head over to Zap 2 It.<center></center>

I hate how they are always saying that CSI:LV is doing bad, they have to go up against Grey's Anatomy. A show that is storming the world! Neither NY or Miami ahev to go up against Grey's. tis soo sad....
I still think that CSI is better than Grey's....

I actually think they're both phenomenal shows and the ratings prove it. They're neck and neck. Clearly they're both quality programs. :)

SA_Kate_937 said:
I hate how they are always saying that CSI:LV is doing bad, they have to go up against Grey's Anatomy. A show that is storming the world! Neither NY or Miami ahev to go up against Grey's. tis soo sad....
I still think that CSI is better than Grey's....
I think if we compare CSI to other shows, it's definitely doing well. However, it's really not doing very well comparing to the previous seasons. Now, I know people would say it's in its 7th season and it's time that other good shows top it. Let's not forget, though, that it's not a slow slide in ratings. It's a pretty dramatic fall instead.

*wonders what's going to happen when American Idol is on*

BabaOReilly said:
I actually think they're both phenomenal shows and the ratings prove it. They're neck and neck. Clearly they're both quality programs. :)

ITA Baba
clapsmiley.gif

It's cool some fans love both shows. :D
Let the networks worry about the ratings people. Just enjoy them. :D

----------------------
HotCouples.jpg

I wouldn't say that they are saying that LV is doing badly. But, as Erica pointed out, it's not doing anywhere near as well as it was in previous seasons. This show started airing at a time when there wasn't very much good to watch on TV in the drama genre, so it took off with a bang. But now it's facing up to some real quality drama, and, all things considered, it's not doing too badly. If there was a way to track how well they were also doing in their online viewings, I think we could see some real comparisons.

seriously, i think everyone is blowing the ratings way out of proportion. yes, they are two big shows, but csi is just resting on their laurels and doing nothing about the competition. i was in toronto this weekend, and all over downtown there were massive billboards advertising greys, and nothing for csi.
they cant expect to run on momentum alone for ever, especially since last season didnt really live up to the seasons before. im a loyal csi watcher, and i only have time for a bit of tv a night, so ive never watcher greys. but im sure many people have been more interested in it and are watching it. to me, it is not a big deal whatsoever. so what, a hundred thousand more people watched greys this week, or csi the week before. they are both good shows, they are both going to be around for years to come, one is not going to knock the other off the air.
if csi isnt going to make an effort to stay on top then they just need to drop the issue and get back to making good shows.

I hope CSI LV isn't losing it.. Last episode seemed tedious at first and then got a little better towards the end. I watche d"Grey's" for 5 minutes last summer..Yawn..bedhopping boredom..That's not why I watch TV.

Back