Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Re: Season 10 Ratings Discussion

Pool Shark brought 13.31 million viewers and a 3.0 in the 18/49 rating.

CSI was adjusted up in the finals:13.406 million viewers and a 3.1 in the 18/49 rating.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Last night's ratings...

CBS won the night, despite "CSI" (12.3 million, 2.7) falling 13% and hitting a series low.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

To add on that they barely beat GA.

1st number is 18-49, 2nd is overall
    Grey’s Anatomy 4.5/12 -- 12.49
    CSI 2.7/7-- 12.52

4. Grissom rules

These numbers are so bad.I hope CSI bounces back next week.The drop is big compared to last season.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

With Marg leaving CSI at the end of the season, I don't know what will bring this show back to its glory days. 12.5 million for show that's pulling 20+ million 2 years ago? That's just alarming. I think CSI is safe for cancelation but it might have a new time slot next season - maybe Thursday 10pm and put The Mentalist somewhere else. I don't think TM will do any better than CSI at 9pm.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think it's because there are so so many new shows. So when the ratings plummet with some of those, CSI will return to it's former glory days:bolian:

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Sorry, but GA came out ahead in the finals:

CSI 12.5 million/2.7 demo
    GA 12.75 million/4.6 demo

The Mentalist won the night in viewers: 14.39 million/3.0 demo.

I hate to burst your bubble, DW, but there aren't any new shows on at 9(CSI's timeslot). I'm pretty sure CSI will be moved, probably to a different night. The Mentalist is the best 10pm show CBS has, so I think it will stay put. But, who knows. It's still pretty early in the season to be speculating. I just hope it doesn't drop any more, and rebounds a little.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

You're very optimistic desertgoblin.

Sadly, I don't see if it is possible the show can get back on board unless we get all the BSG fans on board with Kate Sackoff coming in. That might boost the ratings.

But you know, 11 seasons is amazing and the show will go out with that track record with it. That is nothing to sneeze at.

But it's sad because us Nick fans are finally getting some great episodes and it would be too bad if they cancelled the show. For years, Nick was in Grissom's shadow and it was hard because Grissom was the star, but the star overshadowed other stars. No offense to his fans, but it did.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Your not bursting my bubble jtd you can't. And there are two opposite CSI, "Greys" and "Fringe" I think like a positive person rather than negative one, and hope for the best. :thumbsup:

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

You said 'new' shows in your previous post. I was just trying to point out that there aren't any new shows up against CSI. (Sorry, except Nikita on CW) It's the same old shows at the same time: GA, The Office, Fringe...
    Oh, never mind. Enjoy you bubble. :)

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Well some may not have tuned in b/c their not fans of or even just tired of all the vampire/werewolf stuff, I know I am

I think the ratings next week will be better :)

12. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

If it makes you feel better, Geeno, shows like CSI just aren't as popular as say American Idol or any other reality tv show that comes on. And don't forget about the people that watch tv shows only when they're "current". I'm just glad CSI is still in the top ten period. It is a 11 year old show afterall.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

That's a good point AFIS. TV viewers can be very fickle and not very loyal.

Which is what is amazing about CSI is that it still has a loyal fan base after 11 seasons and with the departure of two well-loved characters. It still is hanging in there if not in the top ten, in the top 20.

So this show has a lot to be proud of if it is cancelled after this season. Very few shows stay on this long.

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'm happy for CSI too. I think no other show comes close to its fame. It is awarded twice as the most watched drama in the world and that's a terrific achievement. I just want CSI to maintain high ratings it deserves. The show maintained it's quality after all.

BTW: Nice avatar! :thumbsup: I like SVU too, though it can be the sickest show sometimes.

15. Grissom rules

I think CSI will be up next week with the Sqweegel episode but I think that the show will be sent on Fridays bext season because of it's low ratings.