Problem with DVDs

calleighdelko

Lab Technician
i got csi season 2 part 2 about a year ago of amozon and about a week ago i tried one of the disks i hadnt used before and its not working and its not because it has been damaged (theres not a mark on it) but since iv had it about a year the set has been used and i dont have a reciet any suggestions on what to do with it

Re: problem with dvd's

Hmm, I think you might have a DVD player problem. Check to make sure nothing's wrong with the DVD player (just don't remove anything that requires the use of a screwdriver!). If you have another DVD player, try the disc on that one. If it still doesn't work, then there's something wrong with the disc.
Does your DVD player put any message or anything on the screen when you put the disc in?

no this not the dvd player
and no it doesnt put any messages on the screen
theres a timer on the DVD player and onces it gets to 30 secs it jumps back to 24 secs and just keeps doing that

Have you tried playing the disc in another dvd player? I've had audio CDs in the past that have played okay in some stereos and not others for example. :)

Also, have you tried playing it on your pc?

Your disc could have a minute scratch therefore stopping the disc from moving on. Trying buying a disc cleaner and see how his works. Otherwise without a receipt you will have to buy a new one!

I couldn't find anything in the stores to clean the discs, so I had to buy back season 1 of CSI and will have to do the same for season 3... Revenge Is Best Served Cold gets stuck too, or it jumps to another episode and jumps back... Weird!!!

Australian season 3 disks are the same, so don't worry. I just toss them into my multi-zone portable player and hook it up to the TV. Only way to get around it for me.

I got the third season the other day and the third disk in it won't work. All of the other ones work just not the third. I looked at it and it looks completly fine. It was brand new and they won't let me return it for another one because it has been opened. Any suggestions??

Ashes86 said:
I got the third season the other day and the third disk in it won't work. All of the other ones work just not the third. I looked at it and it looks completly fine. It was brand new and they won't let me return it for another one because it has been opened. Any suggestions??

Most stores won't let you "return" a DVD that's been opened, but many will "exchange" something that's defective for the same item. Check into that.

Question: I brought CSI:miami season 3 part 3 a few weeks ago and in a rush to watch it i didn't pay that much attention to the box. I have now just realised that there isn't one of those leaflets in it that tell you what happeneds in each episode. Not that i want to return it or anything but has anyone else found that their box lacks this too?
BTW in live in the UK and brought it from Amazon

Did you mean part 2? I have both booklets in parts 1 and 2 (bought from Play.com). This is what I like about the Region 2 dvds - you get booklets and pictures! :D The Region 1 releases don't have these, but they are released much sooner and are cheaper. Pros and cons I guess. :)

sorry fot this intrusion, but as i see in this thread u guys discuss problmes with DVD`s....

in my country we still don`t have possibility to buy DVD box with any tv show...so...i`m a lot curious and have some questions...

in on CD how many epis have ?!
this audio commentary for some epis like 'Big Brother' or 'Hurricane Anthony' did they are in single CD or go right after the epi ?!
also how big are this epis like files/size and what format have this files?

thanks in advance ;)

PS did some try to cut video from DVD epi or movie and if so what is the name of this program ?!

I can answer a couple of these questions. ;)

Each dvd disk contains 4 episodes. Each season usually has 6 episodes with audio commentaries. When you go to watch an episode with a commentary, you are asked if you want to watch it with or without the commentary and you make the selection. Hope that helps. :)

Sorry, but I'm not sure about file sizes/formats.

Fool4love said:
Question: I brought CSI:miami season 3 part 3 a few weeks ago and in a rush to watch it i didn't pay that much attention to the box. I have now just realised that there isn't one of those leaflets in it that tell you what happeneds in each episode. Not that i want to return it or anything but has anyone else found that their box lacks this too?
BTW in live in the UK and brought it from Amazon
Lucy said:
Did you mean part 2? I have both booklets in parts 1 and 2 (bought from Play.com). This is what I like about the Region 2 dvds - you get booklets and pictures! :D The Region 1 releases don't have these, but they are released much sooner and are cheaper. Pros and cons I guess. :)

Well my mam bought me Season 3 Region 2 (again as I have Region 1) from Tesco's when it was on the BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free for those you didn't know that.) and it doesn't have any little books and I like them cos they have nice glossy pics. Very dissapointing I think.

Back