Preseason Thread: Current Thoughts?

with the lack of diversity on this show since season 1 it feels like the writers have never been to NYC or obviously don't know the city too well. just sitting on the train there are so many diverse people let alone walking on the streets. just walking through Times Square and up by the Metropolitain Museum of Art (which a frequent haunt of mine) you hear so many languages and see so many people.

that's true enough, but i dunno, i guess if you want to write a crime scene and keep some tension, then a contained environment is good for that and the subway is at least as culturally mixed as the street.

that said, i think you're right - they should make far more effort to use the diversity without having a need to stick it into one ep and therefore one contained crime scene. it should just happen naturally, because that's how diversity works in NYC, it's not planned, it's there. it would be much better if the show's demographic reflected that without a need for contrived scenes. but a contrived scene is better than nothing!

Back