Posting in Miscellaneous - PLEASE READ!

Read and Understood perfectly Ducky *salutes*

Thanks for the reminder, I think we've all been guilty of getting 'spammy', so it helps to have a reminder.

i agree with annwn. some threads make you post 3 lines and that can be hard. most people just post what they have to say and it only comes up to 1 line. and i hate when they say you have to post 3 lines

I know sometimes it's hard when you simply don't have anything more to say. But the rule was made because there was too many users posting only posts, such as "lol, thats funny" or "omg I agree" or just replying with smileys.

It encourages users to have a good DISCUSSION, not a chat. Because you can enjoy much more of it than just pages and pages of "lol!" or "yeah!" and "me too!"

"OMFGZ HEZ SO HOT"
"YEAH!"
"BUT DOESNT HE LOOK CUTE IN THIS PIC?"
"YEAH!"
"YEAH!"

:rolleyes:

My point is there.

I know Shipper Central uses this 3 line rule and I don't remmeber is it explained there but it gets bit annoying if in few hours you have 150 new posts and mostly oneliners.
Those who have been here longer remember these times.

Me being here now three years. And I do not miss the old days :p

This totally makes sense to me. Helps to add to the integrity of the lab...er...I mean board. If we had any to begin with ;). Regardless, read and understood.

I'm posting in this thread as a reminder to everyone that you should have all read Ducky's information about posting in Miscellaneous. Despite the reminders in individual threads there are still lots of short, less than one line posts being written, and it is rather frustrating.

I'm not saying that you need to write an essay every time you post (in fact, please don't as that would be equally frustrating because it would most likely not be on topic) but if you don't have anything to add, or can't really think of anything to say in a thread then don't post! Wait until you have something to add. The world won't end if you don't post...

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have fun, or that we don't want you to post, because that's simply not the case, just please don't use Misc as a place to up your post count or spam.

Clearly not every thread is the same, but there are certainly ones where people could be adding more content than they currently are.

Thanks. :)

Just to let you know, aprox. 5 full lines in the reply box equals the three lines in the post.

Obviously, full lines aren't always suitable so previewing is a good idea, I find.

Hope I helped somewhat and I'm sorry if this has been said *scratchs head* I couldn't find it.

Oh, and 'read' :)

adorelo said:
Just to let you know, aprox. 5 full lines in the reply box equals the three lines in the post.

Obviously, full lines aren't always suitable so previewing is a good idea, I find.

Previewing before you post is always a good idea. I never use the quick reply, I always preview. It saves on making mistakes if using spoiler, quote or image codes too. :)

The three lines rule is used in Shipper Central to slow down posting and to encourage people to add content, encourage discussion and not just chat in the threads. Just to clarify, it isn't actually a rule across the board as a whole, so whilst it's great and it's a good thing for people to get into the habit of doing, I'm not actually expecting three lines for every single post in Miscellaneous as it really depends on the thread. But aiming for it would be good in my opinion. And if you post short replies in threads you can expect to be asked to add more content. ;)

Back