Photoshop Help Thread

Do you have enough free (and unfragmented) space on your hard drive? Or did Photoshop crash before you got that message?

Yes I do have enough free space on my hard drive, it crashes after I get that messenge. My hard has alot of free space it just won't work :scream:.

I have Photoshop 7. Last week it finally started showing tools I didn't know I had. Like for example, when I click on the square marquee tool, it's show me the elliptical shape one too. And when I clicked on the blur tool, it's show me the smudge and sharpen tools as well to where I could choose which I wanted to use (that little window would appear when I'd click on the tool on the tool bar). Friday evening I had to restart my computer. I've opened photoshop back up and now when I click on the square marquee, the other shapes do not appear and I can't get them to show up so I can only use the square one. And the same thing with the blur tool. I can only use it. I can no longer access the smudge and sharpen tools. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

When I installed PS on my computer that has XP, I notice that the other tools didn't showed up neither... But when I left click on it, it shows up, I don't know if it's the same thingy though.

When I installed PS on my computer that has XP, I notice that the other tools didn't showed up neither... But when I left click on it, it shows up, I don't know if it's the same thingy though.

Thank you so much. :D That worked. :D I've now written a note for myself by the computer so I'll remember that. :lol: I have XP as well, so maybe its just an XP thing. :lol:

Thank you so much. :D That worked. :D I've now written a note for myself by the computer so I'll remember that. :lol: I have XP as well, so maybe its just an XP thing. :lol:

Btw, I meant right click :lol: But I'm glad it worked anyway and you're very welcome!!! :D

Can someone plz help me with animation? I knew at one time how to do it but......since loading on my laptop with vista.........It's PS7 which is what I've been using for the last 5 yrs....so didn't think that would matter.....

also I'm having issues with cropping.......When I crop everything's bigger....Thx for the help....

Btw, I meant right click :lol: But I'm glad it worked anyway and you're very welcome!!! :D

:lol: I must have known what you meant cause I did right click, but when I jotted the note down, I wrote "left". :lol:

I have another photoshop question though: Does anyone know how I can make gradients? I made something earlier that I wanted to save as a gradient, but I couldn't figure out how to save it that way.

Anyone know how to get newer fonts I've installed to show up in Photoshop? I restarted my computer and everything and still some of my newer fonts will not show up in Photoshop.

Does anyone know how to take a few textures (in jpeg or png format) and add them to a .pat format to where there is more than one texture in there? When I do it from the pattern menu in photoshop itself and click save, it saves every texture I already have installed into one .pat file and it takes forever. I just want to put a few in one .pat file every time I add some for when photoshop deletes some of my installed textures, then all I'll have to do is click "load textures" and click on that particular file to load those few. Thanks in advance.

I have Photoshop 7.0 in case that's a need to know thing for how to do it. It may be different in a different version.

Gah... another issue with photoshop 7.0 :sigh:

I was trying to do the tut Geni posted for her coloring and it worked fine without issue on one icon. However, when I went to do the next icon, every single time I opened a new selective color layer or made any changes to the one I had open, the stupid Photoshop help webpage kept opening up. Anyone know why it would all of a sudden start doing that and/or how to keep it from doing that again? It didn't do it when I just went to image adjust and then selective coloring, but if I opened it as an adjument layer, it kept going to the website lol.

Back