Photography Competition: 'Landmarks' - WINNERS UP!

wibble

Corpse
This week we're going to do 'Landmarks' :)

Here are the RULES please read them very carefully before taking your photograph and submitting it for entry.

1. The photograph must show some sort of Landmark. Like what for example? I'll show you ;)

London Eye

Eiffel Tower

The landmark must be relatively well known or have some sort of historical or other kind of importance. It can be any structure you like - a statue, a building, a bridge, a tourist attraction (like the London Eye), etc.

2. You have until 5 p.m. GMT Saturday 19th August to submit your photograph. I am afraid that I will not accept late entries from anyone.

3. You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph[/b].

4. The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet. It is a very sad and unfair thing to do.

5. The photograph must NOT be manipulated in any way using Photoshop or any other such programme. This competition is about how good a photograph you can take, not about what you can do with an image using Photoshop, etc. That is what the Fan Art forum is for.

6. I will not impose a size restriction on photographs submitted – this I will leave up to you. However, one thing I must mention here is that you keep in mind some people have dial-up internet connection. Although I intend to post the entries as a series of links, very large photos will take a while to load up for this type of connection and can also stretch the screen. So please, the only thing I ask is that you are considerate, and be sensible not to submit anything overly-large. If I think a photo is too big for this reason, I may ask you to re-size it to something smaller.

7. This competition is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE. If you do, it will be disqualified, otherwise your friends will see it and may vote for it even if there are better photographs submitted. In addition to this, don’t go around telling people which photograph is yours and getting them to vote for it – that is a very sad and lowly thing to do, and the voting for this competition should be unbiased.

Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own web space, such as a Photobucket account, and pm me the link.

If people consistently do not follow these rules, or I see signs of any unfairness, I will not hesitate to stop these competitions. The rules are to make things fair, so please do follow them so everyone can enjoy the competitions.

Winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) are entitled to a banner, available upon request via PM. Any questions, please either post them here, PM or email me. :)

Re: Photography Competition: 'Landmarks'

Ooh, I like this. I wonder, though, if I have any pictures of Landmarks. I'll go out and photograph some, this week. :)

Oh very interesting subject. Unfortunately, I don't have anything worth submitting so I'll just be around for the voting period. :D

I'm excited to see what y'all will come up with. :)

Argghhh.. I love landmarks.. and now, my parents have the camera with them.. arghhh.. heavily frustrated here.. I might find a picture in my archive.. :eek: got a great idea actually now I'm typing this :p

Oh great...I think closest one is in Helsinki.. which is 550km from here :p

I have a good idea I just hope I can get to the place before saturday

Perfect! just got home last night from a month of traveling......have to decide which to use.......

Ugh, I hate how I live nowhere near any kind of landmark. Actually..........maybe I can get my stepdad to take me to nearby city.........Can't tell ya which one....that would give it away lol.

hah... a landmark where i live? i think not... my city is pretty dodgy in that respect... i'll just have to dig through my photos from holidays and hope i find something that i've forgotten about!

can't wait to see all of the entries!

Oh,no,my digital camera is broken and it won't be repaired on time. :(

Got a very nice one this time but it is on my home computer. But I am tricking someone else to put it online for me since I am in Greece on my holiday right now!

I don't have any kind of landmark near me unless you count the West Edmonton Mall (biggest mall in the world) but it's not much to look at. :p

I've seen the West Edmonton Mall in the Guinness Book Of Records, woot, I want to go there. :D

last time i checked london ontario was severly lacking in the landmark department. looks like ill be going to vacation photos again for this one! :lol:

Back